Shut Up About Dark Souls Already!

#1HunterZierPosted 4/26/2012 9:07:45 AM

We need to appreciate dragons dogma for being a new take on action rpgs and get excited for its release.

Instead of everyone comparing DD to every other game, and especially dark souls!

I'm tired of hearing about dark souls, IM NOT ON THE DARK SOULS BOARD AM I? well you could have fooled me.

Lets all go back to the pre demo days where trolls were just creatures of fairy tales and everyone would talk about the actual game instead of "well I have 80 Billion hours in dark souls blah blah blah"

Stop comparing and give some respect where it is deserved.

#2Phantom0708Posted 4/26/2012 9:10:28 AM
Dark Souls has a similar art style, is a hard game, and is a JRPG (despite western influences)

Comparing is inevitable, they are alike in many ways

Thing is, demon souls was harder then dark souls, I beat dark souls without dying on my first playthrough, I didn't even CARE if I died
---
Xbox live GT is Wolfhowitzer42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#3motorollaPosted 4/26/2012 9:15:58 AM
I was going to make a topic yesterday regarding this, though, I forgot. Yeah, your 100% correct, mate. I've played Dark Soul's since launch with few games being played inbetween and the majority of it's fanbase annoys me greatly. All they see is Dark Soul's and nothing else. Narrow minded people at their finest. Somone else on this board posted, "Demon Soul's/Dark Soul's has ended RPG games". Every RPG game is now being compared to them and it's pathetic. Sad times indeed..
---
Don't believe the hype...
#4WOT BSPosted 4/26/2012 9:24:35 AM
Phantom0708 posted...
I beat dark souls without dying on my first playthrough,

why would you lie about something like this?
---
GT: Extract Hz
#5grove12345Posted 4/26/2012 9:27:30 AM

To me Demon/Dark Souls was an amazing RPG experience b/c the action was twicth combat and because it was hard it was very strategic.

Since the first video i wasnt comparing this game to DS. In this game you can rush blindly into any battle pretty much. Dodging and blocking arent VITALLLLLLLL.

If anything i would compare it to a typical hack n slash 3rd person game. But a good one b/c i enjoy this game. But mostly because its an open RPG. If this was closed area with no party..... pass.

#6chrishu311Posted 4/26/2012 9:27:38 AM

My thoughts exactly. Also, releveant username.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#7generalhsPosted 4/26/2012 9:27:53 AM
The sad thing is that Demons' Souls and Dark Souls are not very hard compared to most games when I was young. They're actually pathetic and way, way overhyped.

Most of their "difficulty" comes from technical issues rather than good design.
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 4/26/2012 9:29:54 AM
Phantom0708 posted...

Thing is, demon souls was harder then dark souls, I beat dark souls without dying on my first playthrough, I didn't even CARE if I died

http://www.myfacewhen.com/90/
---
Take the high road- give out all of your free damns right now. When you have no damns left to give, you'll be a happier person. --SquallWindblade
#9En Sabah NurPosted 4/26/2012 9:37:51 AM
Phantom0708 posted...
Dark Souls has a similar art style, is a hard game, and is a JRPG (despite western influences)

Comparing is inevitable, they are alike in many ways

1) Dark Souls doesn't have a similar art style, DD is not nearly as gritty

2) Dark Souls IS a hard game, but DD doesn't seem to be one. Fun? Yes. Hard? Not so far.

3) Dark Souls almost feels more like a Western RPG with Japanese influence behind it. However, if all it took was for two games to be in the same over-arching genre, we would compare things like Halo and Half-Life, which are completely different types of FPS.

4) Demon Souls was not harder than Dark Souls

5) You definitely died, at least a handful of times, in Dark Souls on your first playthrough. I myself had a damn good run through the game, but still had my fair share of deaths. If you tell me that no boss ever killed you, or you never fell to your doom by accident (Anor Londo archers anyone?) then I know you're lying.
---
Playing - ME3, SFxT, DMC Collection, God of War Collection, Darkness 2, Resistance 2, Journey, Marvel Avengers Alliance, Syndicate, No More Heroes HP
#10PanopictonguyPosted 4/26/2012 9:40:46 AM
WOT BS posted...
Phantom0708 posted...
I beat dark souls without dying on my first playthrough,

It's entirely possible. Especially if he had it since launch there were more people willing to coop as oppose to PVP or stand in front of the path to the next area waiting to kill low level characters.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls