Black Boarders are overpowered!!!!

#51Max58201Posted 5/2/2012 8:37:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#52LordOfDonkeysPosted 5/2/2012 8:57:33 PM(edited)
1. Plasma for gaming probably not the wisest idea. Last time I had looked at one their response time was awful. yes that doesn't new ones are, but LED/LCD has come a long ways and "better blacks" is a terrible reason to have a plasma, esp when your concerned about burn in.

2. if burn in was THAT bad, UI elements would cause burn in because like those bars, they never move, and unlike those bars...they aren't just black. Black is an absence of signal last time I checked. You don't "turn on black colors". Black just means there's no projection in that area. The only reason LCDs had bad issues was because post-turning off the black the backlight would shine through. Now a lot of newer LCDs are backlit with LEDs which alleviates this. Last I checked this is light, not pigment.

3. Stop whining.

4. if it concerns you THAT much. Why not...you know...take a break from the game every now and then. I know movement is shocking these days, especially to the crowd around here on gamefaqs, but it is entirely possible to turn your TV off for 10 - 20 minutes and do something else :O

5. last time I checked there has to be a lack of movement for multiple HOURS. Like...12 -18+ depending on how old the set is. there are preventative measures for burn in. if youre playing this game nonstop for that long then yeah...you probably don't need this game.
---
I think it's a rule for mods to have a God complex.
#53LEGEND_725Posted 5/2/2012 8:58:27 PM
Number_One_Jerk posted...
ZackG31 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
I can't believe this topic is still alive and people really care about something so insignificant

yup because permanently screwing up your tv is no big deal <_<

This
---
Psn:Number_One_Jerk/XBL:NumberOneJerk
You think playing video games at 21 is immature? I should be more gown-up like you and watch Jersey Shore.

wut? I'm obviously missing something here. How can these black boarders screw up your TV?
#54Grogg555Posted 5/3/2012 8:25:54 AM
You mean like.....wide screen black line thingy?

THE DEMO HAS THOSE?!
---
Gamertag: Grogg555 SCV: Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu
2nd in Command of The Dragoons :~: AC:V
#55steerepikePosted 5/3/2012 9:24:23 AM

god forbid I worry about screwing up my $2000 TV

what other game this gen has letterbox

If my $600, six years ago, Olevia LCD can handle being left on an SD station with black borders on the sides all day, your two-thousand dollar television is not a concern.
---
It hurted me...
#56PhadinPosted 5/3/2012 10:23:53 AM
steerepike posted...
god forbid I worry about screwing up my $2000 TV

what other game this gen has letterbox
If my $600, six years ago, Olevia LCD can handle being left on an SD station with black borders on the sides all day, your two-thousand dollar television is not a concern.

Better yet, if the $600 TV can handle that and the $2000 TV can't, you need to buy a cheaper TV.
#57imd420Posted 5/3/2012 12:27:54 PM
so many people in here with absolutely no clue about plasma and image retention.

its a valid complaint, it just bothers some more than others.
#58vashtrichamPosted 5/3/2012 2:32:03 PM
imd420 posted...
so many people in here with absolutely no clue about plasma and image retention.

I agree so many misinformed people here,
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#59LordOfDonkeysPosted 5/3/2012 4:36:59 PM
imd420 posted...

Basically this, it takes a fair amount of time to take effect. Especially after the initial 100 hours of use on the TV.
---
I think it's a rule for mods to have a God complex.
#60thehappiestEMOPosted 5/3/2012 4:53:17 PM
ZackG31 posted...
you guys take "blind fanboy" to a new level, it was the first thing I noticed.

And you take attempting to start silly fights on the internet to a whole new level.
---
If you ever get glitter on you, prepare to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.