Loot in this game ????

#11EklundzPosted 5/1/2012 12:17:20 AM
Does anyone know anything about the loot system?

"Loot like in Skyrim and Amalur" doesn't say anything about the Loot system :)

It's like "Will there be food at the party? Yes there will be steak and glue"
---
Dark Souls ruined gaming
#12PanopictonguyPosted 5/1/2012 1:50:07 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
In all seriousness, Skyrim had a terrible loot system (mostly because of crafting)I hope this game features rare randomly generated loot similar to Diablo. Makes killing monsters/exploring worth it and always leaves you exicted thinking that you could get some rare loot at any time.

Loot in skyrim was only bad if you grinded black smithing. If you party normally it's fine.

The same way loot in Amalur is near useless if you focus on smithing & sagecraft. Amalur has that randomly generated system you talk about, but it doesn't make a difference when all the best gear and parts came from shops.

Also, this game has a loot system like monster Hunters. It'll probably revolve around crafting. There is no color coded uncommon - very rare system a la diablo or WoW.

You'll have enemies who have static drops. A lot of enemies will drop their body parts as useable items or rare crafting materials. You'll use these parts to upgrade weapons.

And map size didn't matter. It's not bigger than skyrim. amalur was technically "bigger" than skyrim but there was very little worth exploring and it was very restrictive. This game gives you a lot of freedom for exploration and reaspawning quest with tough enemies to fight and good reward make it worthwhile.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#13StarBladeEdgePosted 5/1/2012 3:45:10 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
In all seriousness, Skyrim had a terrible loot system (mostly because of crafting)I hope this game features rare randomly generated loot similar to Diablo. Makes killing monsters/exploring worth it and always leaves you exicted thinking that you could get some rare loot at any time.

this

one of the few things i don't like about skyrim
---
If this post was helpful to you press the Cool Dude button, thanks.
Sart Bimpson:''Eat my posts !''
#14LEGEND_725Posted 5/1/2012 8:47:35 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

Loot in skyrim was only bad if you grinded black smithing. If you party normally it's fine.

The same way loot in Amalur is near useless if you focus on smithing & sagecraft. Amalur has that randomly generated system you talk about, but it doesn't make a difference when all the best gear and parts came from shops.

Also, this game has a loot system like monster Hunters. It'll probably revolve around crafting. There is no color coded uncommon - very rare system a la diablo or WoW.

You'll have enemies who have static drops. A lot of enemies will drop their body parts as useable items or rare crafting materials. You'll use these parts to upgrade weapons.

And map size didn't matter. It's not bigger than skyrim. amalur was technically "bigger" than skyrim but there was very little worth exploring and it was very restrictive. This game gives you a lot of freedom for exploration and reaspawning quest with tough enemies to fight and good reward make it worthwhile.
---

Well if the game primarily focuses on hard to obtain crafting items as the loot system then i'm fine.
Not like Skyrim where it gave you the illusion of choice by either crafting or finding your gear, but without smithing you were severely gimping yourself by not being able to upgrade your gear to legendary, thus forcing smithing into any build for the most part.
#15EklundzPosted 5/1/2012 9:32:17 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Panopictonguy posted...

LEGEND_725 posted...In all seriousness, Skyrim had a terrible loot system (mostly because of crafting)I hope this game features rare randomly generated loot similar to Diablo. Makes killing monsters/exploring worth it and always leaves you exicted thinking that you could get some rare loot at any time.Loot in skyrim was only bad if you grinded black smithing. If you party normally it's fine.The same way loot in Amalur is near useless if you focus on smithing & sagecraft. Amalur has that randomly generated system you talk about, but it doesn't make a difference when all the best gear and parts came from shops.Also, this game has a loot system like monster Hunters. It'll probably revolve around crafting. There is no color coded uncommon - very rare system a la diablo or WoW.You'll have enemies who have static drops. A lot of enemies will drop their body parts as useable items or rare crafting materials. You'll use these parts to upgrade weapons.And map size didn't matter. It's not bigger than skyrim. amalur was technically "bigger" than skyrim but there was very little worth exploring and it was very restrictive. This game gives you a lot of freedom for exploration and reaspawning quest with tough enemies to fight and good reward make it worthwhile.---Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls

Well if the game primarily focuses on hard to obtain crafting items as the loot system then i'm fine.
Not like Skyrim where it gave you the illusion of choice by either crafting or finding your gear, but without smithing you were severely gimping yourself by not being able to upgrade your gear to legendary, thus forcing smithing into any build for the most part.

Exactly, a pathetic excuse for a loot system.
I can't believe how one of the largest rpg devs around can't make a decent loot system.
I can make one up in 5 minutes that will be better and still fit the world and lore.
---
Dark Souls ruined gaming
#16PanopictonguyPosted 5/1/2012 10:55:25 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Panopictonguy posted...

LEGEND_725 posted...In all seriousness, Skyrim had a terrible loot system (mostly because of crafting)I hope this game features rare randomly generated loot similar to Diablo. Makes killing monsters/exploring worth it and always leaves you exicted thinking that you could get some rare loot at any time.Loot in skyrim was only bad if you grinded black smithing. If you party normally it's fine.The same way loot in Amalur is near useless if you focus on smithing & sagecraft. Amalur has that randomly generated system you talk about, but it doesn't make a difference when all the best gear and parts came from shops.Also, this game has a loot system like monster Hunters. It'll probably revolve around crafting. There is no color coded uncommon - very rare system a la diablo or WoW.You'll have enemies who have static drops. A lot of enemies will drop their body parts as useable items or rare crafting materials. You'll use these parts to upgrade weapons.And map size didn't matter. It's not bigger than skyrim. amalur was technically "bigger" than skyrim but there was very little worth exploring and it was very restrictive. This game gives you a lot of freedom for exploration and reaspawning quest with tough enemies to fight and good reward make it worthwhile.---Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Troll

You're just like another poster on this board who believes you HAVE to get level 80 if you play because it's the cap. I've played all my playthroughs on Master difficulty and I have never had to depend on smithing.

One of my characters was a dual wielding warrior werewolf who did not use ranged weapons. I didn't have any trouble.

You ruined the loot system for yourself.
---
#17LEGEND_725Posted 5/1/2012 5:13:54 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

Panopictonguy posted...

LEGEND_725 posted...In all seriousness, Skyrim had a terrible loot system (mostly because of crafting)I hope this game features rare randomly generated loot similar to Diablo. Makes killing monsters/exploring worth it and always leaves you exicted thinking that you could get some rare loot at any time.Loot in skyrim was only bad if you grinded black smithing. If you party normally it's fine.The same way loot in Amalur is near useless if you focus on smithing & sagecraft. Amalur has that randomly generated system you talk about, but it doesn't make a difference when all the best gear and parts came from shops.Also, this game has a loot system like monster Hunters. It'll probably revolve around crafting. There is no color coded uncommon - very rare system a la diablo or WoW.You'll have enemies who have static drops. A lot of enemies will drop their body parts as useable items or rare crafting materials. You'll use these parts to upgrade weapons.And map size didn't matter. It's not bigger than skyrim. amalur was technically "bigger" than skyrim but there was very little worth exploring and it was very restrictive. This game gives you a lot of freedom for exploration and reaspawning quest with tough enemies to fight and good reward make it worthwhile.---Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Troll

You're just like another poster on this board who believes you HAVE to get level 80 if you play because it's the cap. I've played all my playthroughs on Master difficulty and I have never had to depend on smithing.

One of my characters was a dual wielding warrior werewolf who did not use ranged weapons. I didn't have any trouble.

You ruined the loot system for yourself.
---

It's the game designs fault if I have to set restraints/limit myself/or alter my playstyle in order for the game design to function properly wouldn't you agree? Sure it's possible to have other builds without smithing, but a character with smithing is always going to be stronger than a character without smithing. That was the flaw with the loot system and crafting in Skyrim.
#18LaManoNeraIIPosted 5/1/2012 5:33:43 PM
Crafting was the least of Skyrim's loot problems. Itemization in that game was linear and had no variety. A really bland system.

Weapons and armor in this game is either bought in shops or crafted from items you find in the world. From what I've read, at least.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#19the_reaper849Posted 5/1/2012 5:43:53 PM
Vibliribland posted...
Does anyone know anything about the loot system?

"Loot like in Skyrim and Amalur" doesn't say anything about the Loot system :)

It's like "Will there be food at the party? Yes there will be steak and glue"

ah jeeze i love steak and glue!
---
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.
#20MoukaryuuPosted 5/1/2012 6:28:05 PM
I prefer waffles with drywall sprinkled all over them.
---
The Witcher 2 is the best RPG I've played in a long time. It's a perfect middle ground between KoA and Skyrim.