100+ creature types?

#11jackstar_rockPosted 5/7/2012 2:12:54 AM

the official website has a lot of stuff missing .

For example? What are some of the monsters that the official website/demo and trailers haven't shown yet?
#12ReflarePosted 5/7/2012 2:27:24 AM
jackstar_rock posted...
For example? What are some of the monsters that the official website/demo and trailers haven't shown yet?

Well, a trophy for the game says Archhydra(Might just be a buffed up Hydra), then another trophy says Wyrms and Wyverns(could also be drake variants), the trailers have shown the Beholder but misses out the fact that you get a quest where its tentacles are the ones fighting you from the ground. One of the vids by the Japanese advertisers also showed fighting a human character who was your ally *SPOILERS*(Julien).

We wouldn't really know what all of the enemies would be until the game comes.
---
The Muse and the Painter
#13jackstar_rockPosted 5/7/2012 2:34:28 AM
^ Hey.

Beholders.

Now we're talking. :D

As for the archdrakes and such, most likely palette swaps. Still the generic fantasy monsters are mostly shown, I can't really think of any that's missing from the official list? We have zombies, skeletons, wolves, lizardmen, mist phantoms (or wisps/ghosts), ogres, golems, griffins, goblins, chimera, and hydras/drakes/dragons.

I haven't really been flipping through AD&D monsters compendium for a while, but what else would you guys like to see?
#14vishmarx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:34:42 AM
jackstar_rock posted...

haven't checked the monster section in detail but the classes only have 3 skills per class
#15Dart_Feld7Posted 5/7/2012 2:39:24 AM
There won't be many palette swaps but there'll be a fair number of sub species.

We'll end up having good variety compared to KoA and TES games, I reckon.

Personally, I've always thought that enemy variety wasn't as important as frequency, behavior, and spacing them out.

I thought that Skyrim had very good variety but you could easily believe the game is all draugrs, bandits, and dragons depending on how much you explore and level.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#16Dart_Feld7Posted 5/7/2012 2:41:32 AM
jackstar_rock posted...
I haven't really been flipping through AD&D monsters compendium for a while, but what else would you guys like to see?

More mythological creatures like minotaurs(preferably in a labyrinth) and centaurs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#17StarBladeEdgePosted 5/7/2012 2:59:20 AM
swaps . i read somewhere that enemys are getting stronger in in new areas. a goblin from the beginning comes back 10 hours later to kick ur ass. something like that. same enemy model , higher status.
---
If this post was helpful to you press the Cool Dude button, thanks.
Sart Bimpson:''Eat my posts !''
#18GrowshroomPosted 5/7/2012 6:09:13 AM
Non hostile creatures:
-Seagulls
-Rabbits
-Boars
-Bison

Vermin:
-Bats
-Rats
-Spiders

Common small enemies
-Goblins
-Hobgoblins
-Wolves
-Harpies
-Saurians
-Bandits (regular/advanced character classes)
-Undead
-Skeletons (different weapons)
-Phantoms

Rarer small enemies/enemy variants
-Snow Harpies
-Dire Wolves
-Skeleton Mages
-Wights

Large Enemies
-Cyclops
-Ogres
-Golems
-Griffins
-Chimeras
-Cockatrices
-Drakes
-Hydras
-Beholders

Final Boss
-Dragon
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#19PhadinPosted 5/7/2012 6:22:00 AM
Dart_Feld7 posted...
jackstar_rock posted...

More mythological creatures like minotaurs(preferably in a labyrinth) and centaurs.

I'd love to see those two in particular myself. Satyrs would be cool while we're at it as well.
#20ShineboltPosted 5/7/2012 6:22:49 AM
vishmarx posted...
Shinebolt posted...
There will more than likely be some palette swaps. Whether they take up the majority of the 100+ monsters is yet to be seen. And heck no to Yazmat. I don't have the patience or time to be wasting killing something like that. He wasn't even hard anyways. Tedious yes, hard no.

hard if you have your 3 members in 90s and the others are untouched from Rom the beginning

That's handicapping yourself though and doing that you can make any boss hard like taking on the harder Demon Gate the first time you see it, or not using the License Board and so on.

Dart_Feld7 Posted

Personally, I've always thought that enemy variety wasn't as important as frequency, behavior, and spacing them out.

I agree, palette swaps don't bother me at all. Many real world animals can be considered palette swaps but are seen has different kinds in the same family.