Any magic guild, fighters guild etc?
#2MezameruPosted 5/7/2012 7:53:54 AM
Uh... pawn guild.
---
PSN: Lennark
#3CaledhPosted 5/7/2012 8:11:44 AM
truthinillusion posted...

Oh god I hope not. Guilds always come with a bunch of bland stereotype members that give you a bunch of quests always resulting in you becoming the head of said guild. And then nobody gives a damn about it.
---
"What a disappointment - I was hoping for the 'Rains of Castamere'."
#4Max58201Posted 5/7/2012 8:54:41 AM
Caledh posted...

Oh god I hope not. Guilds always come with a bunch of bland stereotype members that give you a bunch of quests always resulting in you becoming the head of said guild. And then nobody gives a damn about it.

well actually most games that implement the guild have better handlings of it....but I know you are talking about the elder scrolls series where its yah....my fighter who has never cast a spell in his life manages to become head of the mage guild in a couple days =P
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#5vishmarxPosted 5/7/2012 9:02:34 AM
Max58201 posted...
Caledh posted...

well actually most games that implement the guild have better handlings of it....but I know you are talking about the elder scrolls series where its yah....my fighter who has never cast a spell in his life manages to become head of the mage guild in a couple days =P

i thought he was talking about koa . that game made no sense at all
#6PhadinPosted 5/7/2012 9:33:31 AM
vishmarx posted...
Max58201 posted...
Caledh posted...

i thought he was talking about koa . that game made no sense at all

Not just KoA. All the TES games do the same thing. join the guild, run a bunch of quests, become leader of guild/achieve highest rank.
#70megaDragonSworPosted 5/7/2012 9:37:25 AM
Well the quest parts of a guild is fine (what else is there to do?), but it's just the execution and rewards are pretty poor in TES games it seems. Especially the College in Skyrim.
---
PSN- Mushinronja
Youtube - Mushinronja - Dark Souls Extended Themes now :D
#8squiggy9996999Posted 5/7/2012 9:51:50 AM
"Oh god I hope not. Guilds always come with a bunch of bland stereotype members that give you a bunch of quests always resulting in you becoming the head of said guild. And then nobody gives a damn about it."

lol, the guild quests were the best parts of skyrim.
#9Max58201Posted 5/7/2012 9:56:00 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
"Oh god I hope not. Guilds always come with a bunch of bland stereotype members that give you a bunch of quests always resulting in you becoming the head of said guild. And then nobody gives a damn about it."

thats the sad part
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#10meralonnePosted 5/7/2012 10:10:33 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...

I don't think that's what he was saying.

I haven't played Skyrim yet. However, in most games that I've played that involve "Guilds", how you achieve rank in them has no bearing on how your skills relate to the Guild itself. Take for example Oblivion. Or Kingdoms of Amalur. Each of these games includes several "Guilds" that you can eventually control... even though you are not required to display little or no competency in the Guild's namesake. You can typically run through each and every fetch quest, killing your targets however you choose. You can become head of the Mage Guild without ever using magic. You can become head of the Warriors Guild without ever picking up a sword.

Once you've done this, it's as if no one cares. Becoming the head of a guild has no effect on how the game plays out. NPCs don't bat an eyelash at the fact that you're the head of these guilds. In fact, it's largely ignored.

You can have extended quest lines without having "Guilds" involved. They're really unnecessary.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife