I think I have found a possible solution to the black boarders

#1dandragonslayerPosted 5/7/2012 4:31:12 PM
Ok i came across this today. I have a 24 inch Hisense standard Tv and the black boarders on the demo are so big. The boarders take up a lot of space and does detract from the gameplay. I have played many games including some new ones on my Tv and have not had a problem like this before. Ok so here is a solution i found that might work for others. When you first sign in your xbox 360 on the home dashboard scroll down to your settings tab. Select system settings then console settings. Next go to display and select screen format. On my 360 it says current settings and it list 2. Mine was set on normal setting, you want to change it to the widescreen setting. If you selected widescreen, u will notice that the black boarders in the game are almost completely gone. The reduction is significant. Now this may not work for everybody, as people have different Tvs and setups. And you may want to switch back to normal setting for most games, tough it seems to work well for dragons dogma. So go and try it out and let me know who it worked for and who it did not work for.
#2CapnStankyPosted 5/7/2012 4:36:06 PM
Or code better.
---
Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2 360, Darksiders 2, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Fez, Trials Evolution
#3vega2505Posted 5/7/2012 4:43:34 PM
If you call smashing the screen horizontally and making every person in the game tall and thin, then yes, that's a solution...but it doesn't REMOVE the bars...just makes them smaller.

But hey, the devs wanted to be stupid, so let them be stupid...and broke.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#4Raven_ShikumiPosted 5/7/2012 5:06:26 PM
Being the only one on the forum not buying the game and continually making negative comments doesn't make you a unique snowflake, it makes you a troll.
---
"Fool!" - Excalibur
#5Number_One_JerkPosted 5/7/2012 7:10:50 PM
Raven_Shikumi posted...
Being the only one on the forum not buying the game and continually making negative comments doesn't make you a unique snowflake, it makes you a troll.

I lol'ed hard
---
Psn:Number_One_Jerk/XBL:NumberOneJerk
You think playing video games at 21 is immature? I should be more gown-up like you and watch Jersey Shore.
#6Max58201Posted 5/7/2012 7:14:16 PM
i find it funny all the dedicated DD trolls were quick to jump on this topic...some kids need hobbies
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#7captain2088Posted 5/7/2012 8:13:13 PM
Max58201 posted...
i find it funny all the dedicated DD trolls were quick to jump on this topic...some kids need hobbies

Wouldn't trolling count as a hobby?
---
Sunbro
#8Max58201Posted 5/7/2012 8:15:58 PM
captain2088 posted...
Max58201 posted...

true but i tend to think of hobbies as things that actually are productive...like mine is baked goods...untill my metabolism kicks out and then its exercise for the 500 pounds i will gain in a year when it stops
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#9captain2088Posted 5/7/2012 8:26:23 PM
Max58201 posted...
captain2088 posted...
Max58201 posted...

true but i tend to think of hobbies as things that actually are productive...like mine is baked goods...untill my metabolism kicks out and then its exercise for the 500 pounds i will gain in a year when it stops

Good point. And the second part for some reason made me picture a 500 pound man shouting Feed me Seymour! and singing like Audrey II...
---
Sunbro
#10EasyToTalkToItyPosted 5/7/2012 11:15:30 PM
I would put them out on the street.
---
------
That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is