The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

best melee...magic archer vs mystic knight???...And a skill settings question

#1JoesGhostPosted 5/12/2012 8:50:47 PM
Which one of these classes make a better magic/melee class, I can't decide between the two?

I know magic archer, is an archer, but it also has enhanced daggers for melee, but no real armor defense. Where as the mystic knight has armor, but seems to be geared toward magic enhanced defense, with on enchantments to augment damage.

Also, does anyone know if you have to set secondary weapon skills, or could I do something like great cannon, holy wall and fire enchantment for LT and offensive sword skills for RT?
---
GT: DVyce
#2XGaltPosted 5/12/2012 9:03:20 PM
I really wouldn't say one is "better" than the other. I'd say it depends more on what you like to do in games like this. Do you like sitting back and participating from the back or do you want to be up front in the fight calling every enemy to come get a piece of you. As for the skills question the answer is this. You get three skills per weapon. There are like three classes I believe that get to use more than three skills a weapon. There's mage & sorcerer that can have six magic skills. Also, I believe the warrior advanced class (whatever it's called) gets a two handed weapon and six weapon skills for it.
---
"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
#3JoesGhost(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 9:24:32 PM
XGalt posted...
I really wouldn't say one is "better" than the other. I'd say it depends more on what you like to do in games like this. Do you like sitting back and participating from the back or do you want to be up front in the fight calling every enemy to come get a piece of you. As for the skills question the answer is this. You get three skills per weapon. There are like three classes I believe that get to use more than three skills a weapon. There's mage & sorcerer that can have six magic skills. Also, I believe the warrior advanced class (whatever it's called) gets a two handed weapon and six weapon skills for it.

Thanks, for clarifying the skills questions. I do prefer being in the mix of things, so I guess Mystknight for me. Now I just need to decide on my main pawn and starting vocation lol.
---
GT: DVyce
#4Max58201Posted 5/12/2012 10:07:44 PM
JoesGhost posted...
XGalt posted...

Thanks, for clarifying the skills questions. I do prefer being in the mix of things, so I guess Mystknight for me. Now I just need to decide on my main pawn and starting vocation lol.

although if you save up the DP you earn you can probably switch as soon as you get to grand soren but think of it like this

if you pick fighter you will have a tad bit higher str/hp so if you like melee go that

if you pick mage you will have more magic stat so your spell shields and magical attacks will do more damage.

but like i said if you dont spent any DP you could turn to mystic knight right as you reach gran soren so it wont make a huge difference...although as a mage it would be really hard to make it that far without learning some skills were as a fighter could learn no skills and still be very effective
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples