No multiple saves???

#31Dart_Feld7Posted 5/18/2012 11:43:46 AM
Yeah, it's been known for a long while.

I understand the disappointment however.

Personally I like it, in Skyrim I abused the hell out of it to get out of most consequences even something as minor as failing to pickpocket.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#32N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 12:02:59 PM
Dart_Feld7 posted...
Yeah, it's been known for a long while.

I understand the disappointment however.

Personally I like it, in Skyrim I abused the hell out of it to get out of most consequences even something as minor as failing to pickpocket.

Yeah but unless I'm mistaken, can't you STILL do that? Are the auto save and manual save two seperate save files? If so then you can manually save before doing a hard part, and of you fail just load up the old manual save.

Unless, god forbid, they both work off a single save file...

The thing for me is that it's easy to lose a save file. I've experienced before games with only a single auto save file, and it auto saves all the time, sometimes a power outage occurs and of course, while it was auto saving and bam- corrupted save and I lost 50+ hours of my time simply because I was not allowed to bak up my saves.

Or another common occurance I've done and I've heard about countless times from other gamers, you shut off the console during an autosave by accident. Bam- corrupted file. Also my Xbox is touch sensitive and it seems like every time my wife walks past it she always brushes up on the button an turns the damn thing on/off.

So it's an enormous concern or me to not have multiple save files. I'm not going to invest loads of hours at the risk I could lose it all suddenly do to a completely preventable oversight.

Then there's the aspect of not having access to multiple characters. I'm sorry, but this is exactly the type of game that demands multiple characters. Gamers like to roll play as more than just a single personality.

I understand that this is an attempt to introduce a level of difficulty, but it's not right to force in the players, not when it sacrifices so much like data security and multiple character files. It shoul be up to the gamer themself to decide if they are going to abuse the save system to succeed at every challenge. If that makes it more fun and enjoyable to them, WHY NOT? It's a single player game after all, let people reload and try again if that's how they want to play. The rest of us are perfectly capable of taking our losses the normal way. I don't need capcom to be my virtual mommy in the virtual world punishing me for virtual failures in a single player game. Seriously.
---
---
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier!
#33SherlockHomeyPosted 5/18/2012 12:06:49 PM
I just want to create multiple characters.

I seriously hate being limited to just one file.
#34StormbringerGTPosted 5/18/2012 12:08:17 PM
Well I guess I can do at least 2 characters, one on my HD and one on my USB.
---
StormbringerGT: StormbringerGT
Pawn Name: Wulfgar;----- Monkier: Winter;----- Role: Tank
#35RafedxPosted 5/18/2012 12:10:18 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
I'm reading in reviews that the game only features an auto save, no manual saves, no multiple save files. This is an enormous pet peeve of mine that I can't stand in video games. Can anyone out there confirm this?
---

Meh, doesn't bother me enough to not play Dragons Dogma. This is very common with a lot of video games, would of been nice to have more than one file but I can deal, the game outweighs the lack of save slots.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#36meralonnePosted 5/18/2012 12:11:13 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Is it really old news? I didn't know until last night, and numerous people in this thread were unaware.

Yeah, it's pretty old. Those of us who frequent this board have known for months now. The fact that users in this thread were unaware isn't surprising, though.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#37Magoo111Posted 5/18/2012 12:13:26 PM
Ya'll could keep a save database on a computer and use a USB to transfer them from console to computer.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#38N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 12:21:43 PM
Magoo111 posted...
Ya'll could keep a save database on a computer and use a USB to transfer them from console to computer.

How does one do this? I have a flash drive and a pc. Any links to info or programs that are used to do this?
---
---
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier!
#39Raven_ShikumiPosted 5/18/2012 12:29:29 PM
EVeryone has two save spots now.

HDD and Cloud.

If you buy a cheap 5 dollar usb drive you'll have as many save locations are you want.
---
"I would never violate His Grace's privacy while he violates milady's privates."
#40JE19426Posted 5/18/2012 12:38:51 PM
Raven_Shikumi posted...
If you buy a cheap 5 dollar usb drive you'll have as many save locations are you want.

How do you get unlimited saves from one USB stick?
---
Things I dislike: People that talk about religion on video game forums and people that refer to FF4 and FF6 as FF2 and FF3 without explaining it.