I think I've figured out why there's only one save file.

#51N7Spectre707Posted 5/19/2012 10:47:13 AM
Junk4Brains posted...
Yeah those are given but I don't count them as stats. Technically they are. But they are in a different category. Combat stats have more to do with modifying combat performance. Though to that effect you could consider weight to be considered a 'stat' as well.

But still that is arguing technicalities... fact of the matter is you really don't need more than one save file for this game.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I honestly don't see how anyone can honestly say that this is a better and more efficient way, using multiple profiles, really?

For people who like multiple characters, or min/maxing, this is the least desirable setup BY FAR. An optimum warrior, optimum ranger, and optimum sorcerer are going to have very different stat allocations. There's no "two sizes fits all classes" as far as I'm concerned.
---
---
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier!
#52DraconSSJ4Posted 5/19/2012 10:49:40 AM
Yes you have one save slot but doesn't the game also have an auto-save as well? So technically unless you have two save slots, but only one you have actual control over. So if your manual save slot gets corrupted can't you just run to the auto-save. I save alot in my games too. In New Vegas I have alot of saves but sometimes I had to rely on my auto-save because something happened to my manual save.

TL;DR Technically you have two save unless I am mistaken, and honestly a auto-save and a manual is ok to have. Please correct me if I am wrong about the saves. I am sure you get an auto and manual though.
---
Shut Up 2476.
#53blueboykcPosted 5/19/2012 10:50:42 AM
Dart_Feld7 posted...
blueboykc posted...
Zaane1291 posted...
if everyone is so angry about possibly getting a corrupted savefile heres what you do:

1. Stop hacking saves its stupid and corrupts them
2. Stop attempting Glitches it Corrupts them...even if its fun to try them out
3. Take the 5 seconds to make a copy of your file and if you do not have a device to enable you to do this go buy one. If you can't do either of those then either deal with it or don't buy them game. If you have already bought the game because you reserved it or something then do something usefull and send an email to Capcom or post on Forums they READ

I have only had 2 games EVER corrupt my save file and 1 was on the oooooold GBC where I stupidly pulled my cartidge out b4 it finished saving
the other was cause I was attempting glitches.

lucky for you but one thing your obviously not taking into account..buggy glitchy games with lots of patches "dead island" have save files corruption pretty frequently..not every corruption is caused by the examples you gave..

Actually, it was pretty much proven that save corruption in Dead Island was caused by having an extraordinary amount of miscellaneous items(specifically having too many stacks of one or having a great number overall). I'm talking numbers only feasible through using the dupe glitch.

i never "duped" anything..not my style..and to my knolidge i never played with anyone who did..
#54N7Spectre707Posted 5/19/2012 10:53:09 AM
DraconSSJ4 posted...
Yes you have one save slot but doesn't the game also have an auto-save as well? So technically unless you have two save slots, but only one you have actual control over. So if your manual save slot gets corrupted can't you just run to the auto-save. I save alot in my games too. In New Vegas I have alot of saves but sometimes I had to rely on my auto-save because something happened to my manual save.

TL;DR Technically you have two save unless I am mistaken, and honestly a auto-save and a manual is ok to have. Please correct me if I am wrong about the saves. I am sure you get an auto and manual though.

Unfortunately the auto save an manual save work off a single save slot. Had they been two seperate save files, would've been exponentially better.
---
---
#55NicodaemosPosted 5/19/2012 10:53:48 AM

Actually, it was pretty much proven that save corruption in Dead Island was caused by having an extraordinary amount of miscellaneous items(specifically having too many stacks of one or having a great number overall). I'm talking numbers only feasible through using the dupe glitch.

Wrong. Just buying tons and tons of crafting materials can also cause the glitch. As a Purna player, I would know.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#56blueboykcPosted 5/19/2012 11:00:29 AM
Nicodaemos posted...
Wrong. Just buying tons and tons of crafting materials can also cause the glitch. As a Purna player, I would know.

now me being the loot ho i am had tons of crafting materials in my inv..
#57Junk4BrainsPosted 5/19/2012 11:05:57 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Junk4Brains posted...
Yeah those are given but I don't count them as stats. Technically they are. But they are in a different category. Combat stats have more to do with modifying combat performance. Though to that effect you could consider weight to be considered a 'stat' as well.

But still that is arguing technicalities... fact of the matter is you really don't need more than one save file for this game.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I honestly don't see how anyone can honestly say that this is a better and more efficient way, using multiple profiles, really?

For people who like multiple characters, or min/maxing, this is the least desirable setup BY FAR. An optimum warrior, optimum ranger, and optimum sorcerer are going to have very different stat allocations. There's no "two sizes fits all classes" as far as I'm concerned.
---

That that's the the thing. Four stats = More flexibility. Lets look at the classes

Fighter, Warrior, Strider, Assassin, Ranger... all use STR for their main damage modifier

Mage, Sorcere, Magic Archer.... All use MAG as their main damage modifier

Mystic Knight stands out as being a bigger balance of the two.

All characters need Defense and Magic Defense. So for a physical class you want to focus more on STR. For magical class more on MAG. If you want to have a more balanced character or main Mystic Knight you want to balance out your stats.

Again you don't need THAT many options when it comes to stat building. Magic based, Physical Based, and/or Balanced. So if you really want to be pigheaded about it that is 3 accounts. But if you prefer magic or physical over the other. You can make the one you like best your main and then have a balanced character as your secondary.

The only reason one save file is so difficult is because you WANT it to be and you WANT to be able to make 40 characters even though we all know in the end you'll only end up playing maybe 2-3 of them.
#58Pooh Da StrykerPosted 5/19/2012 11:11:42 AM
Zaane1291 posted...
if everyone is so angry about possibly getting a corrupted savefile heres what you do:

1. Stop hacking saves its stupid and corrupts them
2. Stop attempting Glitches it Corrupts them...even if its fun to try them out
3. Take the 5 seconds to make a copy of your file and if you do not have a device to enable you to do this go buy one. If you can't do either of those then either deal with it or don't buy them game. If you have already bought the game because you reserved it or something then do something usefull and send an email to Capcom or post on Forums they READ

I have only had 2 games EVER corrupt my save file and 1 was on the oooooold GBC where I stupidly pulled my cartidge out b4 it finished saving
the other was cause I was attempting glitches.

I have encountered game breaking glitches, and I don't do anything of the sort. NBA 2K11 corrupted my MyPlayer file twice, Kingdoms of Amalur gave me two game breaking glitches, and somehow I ended up UNDER the map in Arkham City, and although not game breaking, it set me back an hour. Point is, games aren't perfect. Crap happens that gets triggered by the most random unexpected things, and multiple saves help "undo" what could potentially be a waste of 100 hours. I had 200 in Reckoning, and my back up saved me at least twice.
---
Internet Forums- A gathering of people with average intelligence who unintentionally show low intelligence while attempting to look highly intelligent.
#59Dart_Feld7Posted 5/19/2012 11:12:24 AM
Nicodaemos posted...

How is that different from what I said?

I was a Purna player too btw.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#60N7Spectre707Posted 5/19/2012 11:17:46 AM
//The only reason one save file is so difficult is because you WANT it to be and you WANT to be able to make 40 characters even though we all know in the end you'll only end up playing maybe 2-3 of them.//

I usually play about 3-5 chars. Having to use seperate profiles to accounts to accomplish this is asinine. Furthermore having to use extra storage devices just to protect your saves is also asinine, and is the opposite of efficient.

And again, you are addressing the casual player with your posts. A min/maxer will have different stats for EVERY class. For instance, a warrior should have more health and more defense than an assassin, while an assassin will have more strength and more stamina than a warrior. For the last time, there is no "one, two, three sizes fit all"
---
---