good way to level up fast or grind?

#1teirPosted 5/23/2012 9:29:45 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble on some enemies. I cant even touch giants, and some enemies attacks kill me way to fast. Is there a fast way to level up? Also, I don't fully understand what it means when part of the health bar is grayed out.
#2wombat013Posted 5/23/2012 9:35:42 PM
When part of your health is grayed out, it means you can only heal your health up to that point, as opposed to filling the entire health bar by healing. In other words, as you lose health, you might only be able to heal 80 percent of your maximum health.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#3chibistevoPosted 5/25/2012 9:37:11 AM
I remember a healing spring to the west early on that had endless Hobgoblins going after you, and you didnt lose health because you could stand in the spring.

400 exp per hobgoblin, wasnt bad at the time.
#4XGaltPosted 5/25/2012 10:28:31 AM
Sounds like a nice spot Chibistevo. OP I don't know what level you are, but don't be afraid to come off the hip to get a pawn that's like two or three levels higher than you. That way you don't have to switch them as often and they've seen stuff you haven't seen yet. Just as an example today I took two level 18 pawns with me on my way to the Shadow Fort (dumb move at level 15 but I took the stupid quest without reading it).

First time I fought the lizard guys my fighter yells out "hack off their tails" or something. I hack the hell out of the tails and it turned from an "oh my god they're rocking my face" fight into a cake walk. So now I know something cool about the lizard people that a pawn taught me. If I'd have gotten a level 15 pawn I doubt they'd know that much about lizards.
---
"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
GT/PSN: GnuX
#5roaduggPosted 5/25/2012 10:33:30 AM
Best place is the Drake by the spring. Think he gives around 38k exp, but you need to be a high enough level to actually kill him.

Unless you buy a stack of empty bottles first and fill them the spring and distribute them evenly.
---
H'ask him!
#6NicodaemosPosted 5/25/2012 10:41:42 AM
Best place is the Drake by the spring. Think he gives around 38k exp, but you need to be a high enough level to actually kill him.

Does he respawn? Probably not, eh.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#7JeticeboiPosted 5/25/2012 10:43:39 AM
teir posted...
I'm having a lot of trouble on some enemies. I cant even touch giants, and some enemies attacks kill me way to fast. Is there a fast way to level up? Also, I don't fully understand what it means when part of the health bar is grayed out.

If you have healing potions you can recover from the gray bars.
---
PSN: Jetice
XBL: JeticeBoi
#8Max58201Posted 5/25/2012 10:49:46 AM
best place is the offline ur dragon almost 170k exp

there is an item you can craft for double exp for a time.
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples