Best weapon with magick archer?

#1Daniel_HibikiPosted 5/24/2012 12:27:34 PM
Magick Archer, I heard is a good all arounder. It's really mobile and such...

Though do you want to use daggers with one? Doesn't the magick archer not gain any strength ever, so the daggers won't ever really be that good...?

I have fun scaling the big beasties, though, and it's fun climbing up one and going stabby stabby.
---
http://i.imgur.com/USwzT.jpg
#2PhadinPosted 5/24/2012 12:29:47 PM
Magic archers only gain 2 strength per level. They get 4 magic attack, and the other points are distributed between defense and magic defense. Overall their magic bow is their real power. If you want to combine ranged and climbing/stabbing, Assassin or Strider are probably your best bets. Ranger and Magic Archer are much more tuned for ranged power. They don't do as well up close or climbing over things.
#3shadowfreeze88Posted 5/24/2012 12:30:56 PM
I hear the magick archer's daggers scale with magic attack instead. I can't confirm this though. I also like climbing monsters and going all stabby stabby. I think I'm going to stick with a Strider for a while.
---
GT: TH3 MlLK MAN (The I in MlLK is a lowercase L)
BB Main: Bang; learning: Tsubaki, Makoto, and Tao
#4Daniel_Hibiki(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 12:35:59 PM
shadowfreeze88 posted...
I hear the magick archer's daggers scale with magic attack instead. I can't confirm this though. I also like climbing monsters and going all stabby stabby. I think I'm going to stick with a Strider for a while.

Well, a lot of the dagger skills seem really badass and magicy. I doubt the other dagger classes get these cool magic dagger moves..
---
#5Social_SinPosted 5/24/2012 12:36:05 PM
I'm not very far with my magick archer yet, but I've learned not to bother attacking things up close with my daggers unless I get a fire boon from a mage I'm traveling with.

Aside from the first big monster you fight at the encampment I haven't run into anything big yet although trying to find a magical grimoire from a bandit camp is kicking my ass, their ranger they have is firing off arrows at me like a gatling gun and they hit like a cannon.

Do strider,assassin or magical archer get any form of a dodge or a roll? Because that's really screwing me up as the melee classes especially since they can't block either (at least not that I have found, I could be really stupid haha)
---
Style Empire
#6shadowfreeze88Posted 5/24/2012 12:38:23 PM
Social_Sin posted...
Do strider,assassin or magical archer get any form of a dodge or a roll? Because that's really screwing me up as the melee classes especially since they can't block either (at least not that I have found, I could be really stupid haha)

Yes, they all get a roll and double jump eventually.
---
GT: TH3 MlLK MAN (The I in MlLK is a lowercase L)
BB Main: Bang; learning: Tsubaki, Makoto, and Tao
#7Social_SinPosted 5/24/2012 12:40:24 PM
shadowfreeze88 posted...
Social_Sin posted...

Yes, they all get a roll and double jump eventually.

Oh thank god, I knew about the double jump but hadn't ever planned on using it as an evasive type thing. I've seen my main pawn as a fighter jumping around a battle like a retard and couldn't help but think "that looks the most ineffective way to avoid damage"
---
Style Empire
#8Daniel_Hibiki(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 1:21:54 PM
Assassin seems better for the thing...

Assassin's defensive growth doesn't seem to be as good as Magick Archer, though and I'll feel gimped at day time. :/
---
#9riddler0115Posted 5/24/2012 1:36:24 PM
Phadin posted...
Magic archers only gain 2 strength per level. They get 4 magic attack, and the other points are distributed between defense and magic defense. Overall their magic bow is their real power. If you want to combine ranged and climbing/stabbing, Assassin or Strider are probably your best bets. Ranger and Magic Archer are much more tuned for ranged power. They don't do as well up close or climbing over things.

I thought the magik archer only gets 3 to magic attack for every level. Does it say so in the guide?
---
Gotta terminate the hate and spread the positive.
#10MaakzPosted 5/24/2012 7:32:30 PM
Playing as the magick archer, the seeker/hunter bolt and threefold bolt are simply amazing things to use when using ranged. I've never seen such a beautiful attack as the threefold bolt. You shoot an arrow and it propels the enemy into the air which then proceeds to get pounded by three magical arrows that spiral towards the target. Watching the mid-air collisions is stunning to say the least. With the Hunter/Seeker Bolt, It's great if say you fight a bunch of goblins, wolves, bandits. You have a form of lock on and can target 5 with Seeker and 10 with Hunter. These don't just lock onto the person. Say with a Saurian, the lockon will also occur on the tail of the creature, allowing you to rain powerful arrows from the sky to pierce and slam into the target.