Was I meant to fail taking back the *spoilers*

#1kentuckybobPosted 5/29/2012 12:49:38 AM
Shadow fort? Our assault lost and the captain ordered a retreat. Im now on way back to Maximillian to report our loss. Is this a sort of split script quest moment? Btw epic quest, totally sold me on this game right from battling the ogre in the mines on way to the fort.
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#2roadkill888Posted 5/29/2012 12:50:25 AM
I didn't know it could fail lol.
---
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain. It's time to toss the dice.
GT:yan templer
#3StaticPenguinPosted 5/29/2012 12:51:18 AM
You could fail that?
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#4glenn3ePosted 5/29/2012 12:54:57 AM
Ignore the cyclops and go for the Goblin Commander. On my first character, I killed the Commander outright and it ended there. On my second, he got whittled down but escaped and had a special cutscene. I bet I'll be seeing him again.

This game is nice that I played two characters back to back and I'm getting different outcomes even when I'm not intending to do so.
---
PSN: glenn_3e (R3)
#5Raezion275Posted 5/29/2012 12:56:27 AM
I failed it the first time too. The Ballistas pissed me off so much.

When I FINALLY let them in and they all died and told me I had failed and to report it to Ser Maximillian I was like.. "..I can leave? I can take this loss and LEAVE!?" and I did a happy dance and ported back to the city ASAP.

Second play through I just made a mockery of the place and beat it. Don't know if it changes anything story wise, hasn't so far.
---
GT: Raezik
If You Read This You'll Get Some Kind Of STD. The Game.
#6StaticPenguinPosted 5/29/2012 1:08:51 AM
glenn3e posted...
Ignore the cyclops and go for the Goblin Commander. On my first character, I killed the Commander outright and it ended there. On my second, he got whittled down but escaped and had a special cutscene. I bet I'll be seeing him again.

This game is nice that I played two characters back to back and I'm getting different outcomes even when I'm not intending to do so.

Oh wow I didn't know you could kill him. He got away for me. Felt scripted. I walked into the room and just rolled over him in a second.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#7moshpitt133Posted 5/29/2012 1:14:35 AM
I didn't know you could fail it either.

On first play through. I got on one of the ballistas and shot everything down.

Then i went in and got the commander down to 1/4th health. he jumped out the window and died at the bottom.