Was I meant to fail taking back the *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Was I meant to fail taking back the *spoilers*

User Info: kentuckybob

kentuckybob
4 years ago#1
Shadow fort? Our assault lost and the captain ordered a retreat. Im now on way back to Maximillian to report our loss. Is this a sort of split script quest moment? Btw epic quest, totally sold me on this game right from battling the ogre in the mines on way to the fort.
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

User Info: roadkill888

roadkill888
4 years ago#2
I didn't know it could fail lol.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain. It's time to toss the dice.
GT:yan templer

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
4 years ago#3
You could fail that?
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt

User Info: glenn3e

glenn3e
4 years ago#4
Ignore the cyclops and go for the Goblin Commander. On my first character, I killed the Commander outright and it ended there. On my second, he got whittled down but escaped and had a special cutscene. I bet I'll be seeing him again.

This game is nice that I played two characters back to back and I'm getting different outcomes even when I'm not intending to do so.
PSN: glenn_3e (R3)

User Info: Raezion275

Raezion275
4 years ago#5
I failed it the first time too. The Ballistas pissed me off so much.

When I FINALLY let them in and they all died and told me I had failed and to report it to Ser Maximillian I was like.. "..I can leave? I can take this loss and LEAVE!?" and I did a happy dance and ported back to the city ASAP.

Second play through I just made a mockery of the place and beat it. Don't know if it changes anything story wise, hasn't so far.
GT: Raezik
If You Read This You'll Get Some Kind Of STD. The Game.

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
4 years ago#6
glenn3e posted...
Ignore the cyclops and go for the Goblin Commander. On my first character, I killed the Commander outright and it ended there. On my second, he got whittled down but escaped and had a special cutscene. I bet I'll be seeing him again.

This game is nice that I played two characters back to back and I'm getting different outcomes even when I'm not intending to do so.

Oh wow I didn't know you could kill him. He got away for me. Felt scripted. I walked into the room and just rolled over him in a second.
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt

User Info: moshpitt133

moshpitt133
4 years ago#7
I didn't know you could fail it either.

On first play through. I got on one of the ballistas and shot everything down.

Then i went in and got the commander down to 1/4th health. he jumped out the window and died at the bottom.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Was I meant to fail taking back the *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived