Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern locations/respawn times? (Spoilers, I suppose)

#1JenniferTatePosted 5/29/2012 9:00:35 AM
I've only felled the drake once. I thought I was pretty cool to get a bunch of Dragonforged gear off of it...then now I'm hitting the point where base gear is an upgrade.

I didn't even know about the Dragonforging, so I'd like to face them prepared for it.

I only know where the Drake is, and I haven't seen him since. Any ideas on the respawn times and where the others are (as per that Achievement for slaying one of each)?
#2c0rr0s10nPosted 5/29/2012 9:20:17 AM
I felled the drake a while back too but i havent been back since a few days after it died. i think its a weeks respawn if at all for the drake. i will go back tonight unless someone knows for sure.
---
"You Big, Stupid, Jellyfish!"
#3iLXeNkPosted 5/29/2012 9:29:24 AM
I have to rest 7 times before that Drake respawns.
I checked repeatedly at 3, 5, and 7 days from the camp near the dragon.
In my game he only seems to respawn on the 7th day.

I would like to know where the Wyrm and Wyvern locations are and I'm hoping they aren't NG+ and NG++.

Also Dragonforging gear. Do you have to get hit by the fire to have a chance for your gear to be dragonforged? It feels like the only time my gear has been dragonforged is when I get hit by fire. I've been trying to confirm this by not getting hit by fire and the last 4 times I've killed it I haven't had any of my gear dragonforged. I've seen multiple posts saying you should let yourself get hit by the fire but I am having a hard time telling if those people are trolling or just feeding off of misinformation. Any help would be appreciated.
---
XBL GT: iLXeNk
Waiting for - The Last Guardian
#4DUGL4SPosted 5/29/2012 9:33:43 AM
iLXeNk posted...

I would like to know where the Wyrm and Wyvern locations are and I'm hoping they aren't NG+ and NG++.

Also Dragonforging gear. Do you have to get hit by the fire to have a chance for your gear to be dragonforged? It feels like the only time my gear has been dragonforged is when I get hit by fire. I've been trying to confirm this by not getting hit by fire and the last 4 times I've killed it I haven't had any of my gear dragonforged. I've seen multiple posts saying you should let yourself get hit by the fire but I am having a hard time telling if those people are trolling or just feeding off of misinformation. Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds kinda legit. I killed a drake just a bit ago and I made sure to switch to the armor and weapons that I wanted to be Dragonforged. But after I killed it only the weapon was. I'm pretty sure I didn't get hit my fire so.....idk. I might test this later.
---
GT: DUGL4S
I give away rare, locked / DLC items for Dragons Dogma. Keep a lookout for my posts to snag one up.
#5MisguidedPiratePosted 5/29/2012 9:35:22 AM
iLXeNk posted...

It's just a random percentage on scoring a kill - something like 15%, calculated seperately for everything you have equipped. So whether or not you get any Dragonforged equipment - and if so, how many pieces - is based almost purely on luck.
---
XBL : Crossbit
#6c0rr0s10nPosted 5/29/2012 9:57:53 AM
After reading the guide I think I remember leveling your gear is this: each level tier is a percentage that goes up the higher the weapon stage. The weapon needs to be at least 1 star. to get to the next level its as follows

weapon Star level
2 is like 4%
3 is like 8%
Wyrmfire is like 12%

now with certain dragons the Ur in particular if online the upgrade is 100% chance, if the Ur is offline its around 30%
---
"You Big, Stupid, Jellyfish!"
#7F_WolfPosted 5/29/2012 10:06:29 AM
iLXeNk posted...

New Game + is all there is. It is not a Soul's game. New Game+ is just like every traditional RPG New Game+, you just start the game over and keep your stats. It doesn't get harder.