Bluemoon Tower and what NOT to do >.< *Spoilers*

#1Telekenesis123Posted 5/29/2012 7:01:16 PM
During the Griffin attack where you go through the door and you first meet it at Bluemoon Tower and where you have to break down the doors to make your way to the top ...do not kill the Griffin before it breaks the last door down, the one you cannot break down yourself and require the Griffin to (didn't know this at the time now I know this is what happens). If you kill it before it breaks the gate the rest of Bluemoon Tower will be permanently inaccessible to you and you wont get to see the dude you gave the tome to help out or anything. I knew there was more to this fight becuase I saw the devs fight it in one of their streams.

So what I had to do if I wanted access and to see the rest of the tower was start all over again from the main city which was huge. I fought a cyclops, countless dire wolves (I left at night) got miasma from specters, the bandits in the cavern, the golum, getting all the chests, you name it all over again and of course the huge long trip.

Moral of the story if you're able to kill the Griffin before the showdown at the top ...don't do it.
---
Live By Honor
#2Phantom0708Posted 5/29/2012 7:02:38 PM
There is a quest with salomet later that takes you to the same spot
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#3F_WolfPosted 5/29/2012 7:03:30 PM
Telekenesis123 posted...
During the Griffin attack where you go through the door and you first meet it at Bluemoon Tower and where you have to break down the doors to make your way to the top ...do not kill the Griffin before it breaks the last door down, the one you cannot break down yourself and require the Griffin to (didn't know this at the time now I know this is what happens). If you kill it before it breaks the gate the rest of Bluemoon Tower will be permanently inaccessible to you and you wont get to see the dude you gave the tome to help out or anything. I knew there was more to this fight becuase I saw the devs fight it in one of their streams.

So what I had to do if I wanted access and to see the rest of the tower was start all over again from the main city which was huge. I fought a cyclops, countless dire wolves (I left at night) got miasma from specters, the bandits in the cavern, the golum, getting all the chests, you name it all over again and of course the huge long trip.

Moral of the story if you're able to kill the Griffin before the showdown at the top ...don't do it.

I killed him before even getting to the tower, and I could still get up there fine. You go up a entirely different way for solmon, those doors don't have to be broke at all.
#4PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 5/29/2012 7:04:00 PM
Good tip^

I've been wondering about certain consequences of being godlike. This doesn't surprise me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#5Telekenesis123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 7:08:35 PM
F_Wolf posted...
Telekenesis123 posted...

I killed him before even getting to the tower, and I could still get up there fine. You go up a entirely different way for solmon, those doors don't have to be broke at all.

I had no idea what was going to happen either so I had the griffin down to a sliver of heath on top of the hill and thought perhaps it doesn't let you kill it as when I saw it fly to the tower I thought it was scripted, neat to see it isn't but if you do it that way you miss that part of the story and that area of the tower it seems if the other quest is a different route. At the time I thought I was screwed as I couldn't open that gate he/she/it bashes down. Sucks becuase I finally got some dapple ore from the golum on the way there but my second time through I didn't get any :/
---
Live By Honor