interesting glitch (i think) is duplicating my items and RC

#31Chaos GrimoirePosted 5/30/2012 11:18:45 PM(edited)
I keep getting a similar glitch. Every few visits to the inn the same two people keep borrowing my pawn, giving the same RC values each time. Both of the gamertags appear to be offline everytime, which leads me to believe it's a glitch.

It started happening after live randomly disconnected on me for a short time, and the last people to borrow my pawn before the disconnect are the 2 that keep appearing.

I only get about 3k RC each time, so it's not as good as free armor again and again.
#32VGJT4UPosted 5/30/2012 11:26:02 PM
Hey if you don't mind sharing with one more person I'd like anything you are willing to share, particularly a set of those daggers or armor.

GT: VGJT
Pawn: Tallis Orion.
---
GT & PSN :VGJT
Hey!
#33UchihaSasuke117Posted 5/30/2012 11:34:35 PM
Would love to try and do this so I could help share the love. But I'm away in Oregon till next week. Would very much like both. Good to see helpful people still on gamefaqs
Gt: theMIGHTYminime
Pawn: Skarlet
She is a strider
---
Humans are so socially messed up its easy for me to take advantage.
#34kamehakid9229Posted 5/30/2012 11:34:43 PM
I'd love a set of Abyssinal Gear if you still have one to spare please.

GT: Draco856

Pawn: Draco
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Draco856.
Currently Playing: Anything
#35TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 11:36:42 PM
no offense guys but i made this topic just to let people know about a possible duplication trick, not so everyone could ask for handouts, it still takes awhile to do and i don't really feel like getting enough sets of this stuff to satisfy all of you

sorry, but i handed out a few sets already but i'm done for now, please discuss the glitch and possible findings instead of asking for handouts
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#36jjp007Posted 5/30/2012 11:37:17 PM
if you still have extras i really could use the assassin loot gt is DarkJedi272 thanks
---
xbox360 gamer tag DarkJedi272, psn id-Kingkakarot7,
#37instigator1230Posted 5/31/2012 12:23:23 AM
This:

TrialZero654 posted...
no offense guys but i made this topic just to let people know about a possible duplication trick, not so everyone could ask for handouts, it still takes awhile to do and i don't really feel like getting enough sets of this stuff to satisfy all of you

sorry, but i handed out a few sets already but i'm done for now, please discuss the glitch and possible findings instead of asking for handouts
followed by this:

jjp007 posted...
if you still have extras i really could use the assassin loot gt is DarkJedi272 thanks

equals: I lol'd.

Since we're talking about RC/Pawn-Rental glitches and exploits, if you have a second game saved for the same GT, when you sleep at an inn the goodies you receive will be for whichever pawn people have been using. I don't think I'm describing it well, so I'll just use my example:

Played to the mid-30s. Pawn got rented a couple of times. Missed a couple of quests, so I backed up my old save and started over. This time I play through the game normally again, get my first pawn, but when I stayed at the inn (for the very first time) I received 3 rental reports totaling 125k RC or so, and miscellaneous gifts as well. The reviews for my old pawn applied to my new one--that had never actually been rented--as well.

Unfortunately, it works the same when you go back to your other character. Reverted to my original save and started playing again, got 2 horrible reviews for my awesome pawn. Was frustrated until I realized they were actually for my no-equips, half-***, poorly thrown together new pawn.

Both of my pawns, old and new, had the exact same name, so keep in mind that might influence the results. Not sure if this event can serve a practical purpose for anyone, but there it is.
---
-Currently playing: Shaq Fu (SNES)... oh yeah, I went there.
#38UchihaSasuke117Posted 5/31/2012 1:17:08 AM
Gah I want to try. However it sounds like someone decided to gift you awesome stuff where as we (unlucky people) would just be able to dup skulls or maybe ferrystones. Since that's all I get. Though I do like ferrystones from time to time, would prefer abyss and ur dragon stuff. Anyway I copied you post for incase this thread dies so I can test it when I get back next week. I'll post a new thread if it does.
---
Humans are so socially messed up its easy for me to take advantage.
#39Exiled0nePosted 5/31/2012 1:52:55 AM
Maybe the glitch is caused by someone renting someone elses Pawn for a set amount of RC, then that person takes your Pawn Offline and then releases your Pawn while Offline... Since the person is Offline then the data isn't sent correctly and therefore you can keep getting the RC from it...
---
GT - Osedax W0LF
#40KillerlasePosted 5/31/2012 2:01:00 AM
Could you hook me up with the armor and dagger's
GT:Killerlase