Dragon's Dogma Helpful Info

#71KarathraxPosted 9/26/2012 1:40:34 PMmessage detail
project7zero posted...
.....Are you serious?
So since my character and pawn are both skinny we don't have much str nor def bummer -_- and there's hybrids? Cool I like the rogue like class ....but I'm bad at aiming xD so what's the purpose of the top 100 thing about? And WHY must I make a female pawn?lol this game has lingerie? Really? Lol so what's the best class? Just started btw :p so right now I'm lv 5 pawn lv4 ...eer rogue class(lmao I know that's not the name) and pawn fighter

The best class depends on your play style and what you enjoy. It's subjective.

As for pawn popularity, this is a FAQ. It's serious. Getting your pawn used by other players is a matter of vocation, looks, equipment and how good they are at their job. Offhand I know of three regular posters here who have pawns rated in the top 200-- two of those pawns are female, one's male.

At any rate, you will get more answers if you post them to a new topic rather than here.
#72meralonnePosted 12/6/2012 4:56:05 PMmessage detail
Endgame tip/courtesy request: once you have completed "post game" and are prepared to turn in Wakestones, please visit your nearest Riftstone and release any Pawns following you. If you do not, they will be leaving your side shortly anyway, to be given flat 3-star ratings in every category.

Now, if you feel the pawn you were using deserves that kind of response, then hang on to them by all means... though I'd wonder why you'd hire a pawn you thought was merely "meh"-looking in the first place. But if you feel that pawn served you well, let the Pawn's creator know about it!
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#73kriirkPosted 12/18/2012 8:01:35 AMmessage detail
Leaper's Ledge (Soulflayer Cn.) loot map:
http://i.imgur.com/7sE8z.jpg
#74erw62Posted 1/2/2013 11:53:59 AMmessage detail
meralonne posted...
Endgame tip/courtesy request: once you have completed "post game" and are prepared to turn in Wakestones, please visit your nearest Riftstone and release any Pawns following you. If you do not, they will be leaving your side shortly anyway, to be given flat 3-star ratings in every category.

Now, if you feel the pawn you were using deserves that kind of response, then hang on to them by all means... though I'd wonder why you'd hire a pawn you thought was merely "meh"-looking in the first place. But if you feel that pawn served you well, let the Pawn's creator know about it!

Never even looked at this "helpful" thread before today, and feel lousy after reading meralonnes tip. I'm completely guilty of having failed to do this, and will definitely comply henceforth.
---
gt: AboundedOrc0
main pawn: Skuld
#75Zague77Posted 1/4/2013 6:05:06 AMmessage detail
Apologies if someone's already posted links to these in this topic (couldn't see any) but thought they'd be helpful.

A guide to how much your core stats will increase per level up, per vocation:

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:JosephTomega/1_to_200_Level_up_status

And a guide to the different things pawns will say when you change their speech style at a knowledge chair, courtesy of, I think, Sinsin31:

http://i.imgur.com/l1kS6.png
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#76robert43sPosted 1/6/2013 2:55:06 AMmessage detail
save corruption
We are seeing quite a few of these on the board. Recommended approach is to copy your save to an external device such as a memory card. It is advisable to use more than one external device, just in case the save you are copying is corrupted. Always copy the save to the device with the oldest save. I use three external devices. Best to copy after major events, or after every kill of the online UR dragon.

If you do need to restore, you may find you are unable to transfer goods to other persons. They will appear as rocks. I think this will last for about 48 hours.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"
#77Zague77Posted 1/25/2013 11:42:30 AMmessage detail
The map on this page should help in navigating the Everfall in post-game. (Lower on the page are spoilers about which enemies lurk in which Chamber, so beware!)

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Everfall
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#78ToxicZombiesPosted 1/28/2013 1:30:47 PMmessage detail
Bhellium posted...
Warriors can bust mining spots to gather materials with their swords, don't know if others can. Saves a lot of time and inventory space.

I find that this scatters the stones about and I often have a hard time scurrying around finding them wondering how many actually scattered then the pawns get in my face as I spam B pick up button and engage in annoying speech as I'm searching lol.
#79ToxicZombiesPosted 1/28/2013 2:04:27 PMmessage detail
GuileHawk posted...

3) BE WARNED! When you enter the Everfall you will be given a quest to collect 20 wakestones and bring them back to a certain person. From the moment you turn in the wakestones you have entered a point of no return towards the end of the game. After you turn in this quest your only option is to beat the game then start a new game+, so if you want to farm the Everfall delay turning in this quest.

Thx for the tip.
#80meralonnePosted 2/27/2013 12:25:25 PMmessage detail
ToxicZombies posted...
GuileHawk posted...

3) BE WARNED! When you enter the Everfall you will be given a quest to collect 20 wakestones and bring them back to a certain person. From the moment you turn in the wakestones you have entered a point of no return towards the end of the game. After you turn in this quest your only option is to beat the game then start a new game+, so if you want to farm the Everfall delay turning in this quest.

Thx for the tip.

This is technically not true. Turning in the Wakestones closes off the Everfall for further exploration, but you do not reach the "point of no return" until you actually leap in. Walking back into the Pawn Guild or using a Ferrystone will still allow you to access the outdoor areas normally.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife