The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do people not realize there's enchants besides fire affinity/boon?

#1LordOfDonkeysPosted 6/1/2012 2:02:19 PM
Just paged through mages and sorcerers and that's pretty much the only thing anyone has >.>

Ice? Lightning? Anything?

The few times I find someone with something else their spell selection/AI tendencies are awful

And I thought it was tough finding a good warrior that wasn't guardian/medicant.
---
I think it's a rule for mods to have a God complex.
#2cobaltlotusPosted 6/1/2012 2:03:51 PM
Fire is usually the best against almost every enemy.

Holy is pretty good too, though.
---
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is god tier. There, I said it.
http://goo.gl/6MEyA ~ Please click!
#3LordOfDonkeys(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 2:05:20 PM
Still doesn't change them from putting fire on my weapon when I'm fighting drakes.
---
#4FrozenHELL78Posted 6/1/2012 2:05:36 PM
lots of creatures during the course of the entire game basically, are weak against fire. and if you give pawns more than 1 affinity the AI is so awful they dont give you the right buff when you need it most.
---
Gamertag - Mosaic78
#5OkamiCloud7Posted 6/1/2012 2:05:42 PM
see.... while you have that issue

i have mages with ONLY ice or holy when i need fire xD
---
your like sugar with boobs. Reading your posts gives me diabetes. _mimi_
#6TrialZero654Posted 6/1/2012 2:10:32 PM(edited)
thats because almost everything is weak to, or at least does not resist, fire damage

the only things in the game actually weak to lightning are Cyclops, and the only things that resist fire are Hellhounds and Drakes, both of which you won't be running into in significant quantities until the post-game

as for Ice, it's pretty bad, not only because few things are actually weak to it (the aforementioned drakes and hellhounds) but a number of things actually resist it (snow harpies, direwolves, saurian sages, hydras), unlike the other elements

that being said, forget those 3 elements, the best element is Holy, NOTHING resists it, and there are a ton of enemies weak to it (skeletons of all kinds, wights/liches, hellhounds, grimgoblins, succubi, geo saurians, undead of all kinds, ghosts/phantoms, evil eyes, ur-dragon, you get the point)
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#7LordOfDonkeys(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 2:08:36 PM
:( I find one with what I want almost exactly but no Halidom.

yes, I'm too lazy to carry curatives.
---
#8wemo14Posted 6/1/2012 2:09:04 PM
I only get mages/sorcers that have both fire and holy. Ice just doesnt have enough use (save for drakes) and lightning doesnt seem to have much use at all.

Holy I use for undead and drakes, fire for most other things.
---
Carpe Diem
#9TrialZero654Posted 6/1/2012 2:12:55 PM
oh yea, regular saurians might be weak to lightning too, but either way, Cyclops and saurians are both enemies that go down with no trouble at all with or without lightning damage
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#10Seawolf23Posted 6/1/2012 2:25:07 PM
While my main pawn is a mage, I usually make her a complete support character. I always keep her with Fire, Holy and Ice affinity. I noticed that most enemies are weak to one of those three so I just stick her with that. Nothing is really weak to darkness and i have yet to see or hear of anything weak to thunder until this topic. I also make sure she has the healing spell as well as the spell to take away ailments and the one to increase all defense. Though right now I have her as a sorcerer to get a few augments. But after that, she's gonna stay a mage and a pure support character. So find me and my pawn and hire her ^^
---
GT: Cibian
When adding, send msg that your from GameFaqs and what game you want to play with me.