Strider vs Assassin

#1dcastro91Posted 6/1/2012 10:12:02 PM
Im currently a warrior and while smashing everything face in is all good and fun, when I max warrior I was looking to change it up into a class that can take advantage of climbing and being epic.

I was thinking of being either a strider or assassin.
I plan on using Daggers either way so it comes down to who has better stat growth / core skills?
---
XBL - DcAsTxSD
PSN - Dcast_SD
#2TrialZero654Posted 6/1/2012 10:15:42 PM
definitely assassin, they get a sword skill called dire gouge, which can only be used while climbing on an enemy, but it does way more damage than scarlet/hundred kisses

probly the only think that strider has over assassin is Ensnare/Implicate, which is an incredibly useful skill early on, but it's only useful on smaller enemies and only early on in the game, eventually you won't need it

meanwhile, assassin is much better with a bow than strider, and they still get a stunning move (dazzle blast), not to mention that AMAZING dagger ability, "Wind/Gale Harness"

also, striders only gain +4 strength per level, while assassins get +6
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#3Grampy_BonePosted 6/1/2012 10:21:54 PM
Assassin for the strength gain and moveset versatility. Strider doesn't have much to recommend it unless you like stealing items and the ensnare attack. There are a couple of Strider passives which are nice, such as the one that lets you climb longer and the one that lets you treat your encumbrance as one level lighter than it is, but its not a good class for long-term general play.
---
"If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious!" ~ Travis Touchdown, No More Heroes
#4reizoryuuPosted 6/1/2012 10:23:50 PM
Strider's mad dash is great for getting around quickly though.
#5dcastro91(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 10:40:56 PM
I dont want to level up to high and make the main quest TOO easy, should I just go straight to Assassin and skip Strider in general?

Will skipping the Arm Strength Augmentation make climbing useless? Would it be worth spending a couple levels as Strider to get it then switching to Assassin since Ill be using Daggers anyway so some skills will transfer.... and I dont see any Assassin Augmentations that I will be using...
---
XBL - DcAsTxSD
PSN - Dcast_SD
#6BlazeAndBladePosted 6/3/2012 9:52:47 AM
at least get blood lust Augmentation from sin 70% more damage at night and 30 more def
#7vigorm0rtisPosted 6/3/2012 10:04:46 AM
dcastro91 posted...
I dont want to level up to high and make the main quest TOO easy, should I just go straight to Assassin and skip Strider in general?

Will skipping the Arm Strength Augmentation make climbing useless? Would it be worth spending a couple levels as Strider to get it then switching to Assassin since Ill be using Daggers anyway so some skills will transfer.... and I dont see any Assassin Augmentations that I will be using...

No, It won't make climbing useless. Eventually you'll have enough stamina to climb all you want.
---
Take the high road- give out all of your free damns right now. When you have no damns left to give, you'll be a happier person. --SquallWindblade