which has better dagger skills assassin or ranger?

#1swanton112Posted 6/2/2012 12:08:14 PM
just curious dont have the game yet its being shipped gonna start with strider
---
psn:swanton112
gamertag 360:Killerxxx7
#2DragonivonPosted 6/2/2012 12:10:37 PM
Assassin have the best dagger skills in the end, ranger's have very little in the way of dagger skills but much more pure Longbow. You might mix in some fighter for extra hp early on, but starting with strider works fine too.
---
"It is much easier to be critical than correct." ~Benjamin Disraeli
#3khaos198Posted 6/2/2012 12:11:20 PM
Assassin because of the augs. Ranger is more of a longbow vocation. With a skill that lets you shoot ten arrows in less than a second or two, it can cause a ton of damage. The Dagger skills with assassin is more of the standard but also one I would like to point out, Gale Harness. This increases you movement and attack speed of both regular attacks and skills.
---
GT: khaos198
La shay' haqiqah, koulo shay' moumkin. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
#4TrialZero654Posted 6/2/2012 12:11:44 PM
strider still has the best dagger skills in terms of damage, as well as utility

assassin, being a hybrid class, isn't the best with either daggers or bows, but i would say is slightly ahead of strider for bows just because of lyncean sight, but they also have some really useful (but not particularly damaging) skills for daggers, like Wind/Gale Harness and Invisibility

Rangers have the best bow skills
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#5TrialZero654Posted 6/2/2012 12:13:12 PM
khaos198 posted...
Assassin because of the augs. Ranger is more of a longbow vocation. With a skill that lets you shoot ten arrows in less than a second or two, it can cause a ton of damage. The Dagger skills with assassin is more of the standard but also one I would like to point out, Gale Harness. This increases you movement and attack speed of both regular attacks and skills.

gale harness actually increases the speed of EVERYTHING, including almost all animations, it makes you pick up items faster, mine ore faster, even climb ledges and enemies faster
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
#6khaos198Posted 6/2/2012 12:14:46 PM
Technically that is all movement speed isn't it?
---
GT: khaos198
La shay' haqiqah, koulo shay' moumkin. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
#7TrialZero654Posted 6/2/2012 12:16:00 PM
also, rangers can only use the base dagger skills that have no class requirement, they don't get any special dagger skills of their own

early on in the game, Ensnare/Implicate + Helm/Skull Splitter is one of the most powerful attack combinations you'll have for a long time against smaller enemies (skull splitter is still really effective against larger enemies since it hits many times on the way down
---
#8TrialZero654Posted 6/2/2012 12:16:55 PM
khaos198 posted...
Technically that is all movement speed isn't it?

yes, i wasn't calling you out for being wrong or anything, i was just elaborating, your statement was a little ambiguous
---