Firtst hydra fight (spoilers)

#1ohthebeautyPosted 6/3/2012 6:09:42 PM
During the first fight with the Hydra, as I was climbing one of its necks, one of the other heads tried to attack me and cut its own head off. This made the fight incredibly short. I ask, is this scripted or completely random and redunkulous?
---
Land, friends, dignity all sold to the highest bidder
XBL gamertag: o DTK o
#2wombat013Posted 6/3/2012 6:11:43 PM
The fight is very short and scripted. However, the hydra, I supposed, could have harmed itself. But dont worry, you didnt miss anything too epic in regards to the first hydra battle.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#3LitCandlezPosted 6/3/2012 6:12:22 PM
When the Hydra swallows the barrel you have to attack the barrel and the head flies off. It just attacked it's own head. Half random/scripted.
---
lol
#4ChacronicPosted 6/3/2012 6:12:44 PM
You can pretty much sneeze at the hydra and one of the heads will fall off. Yes, it is scripted that the head will come off easy.

And before you ask, no a real fight with a hydra is definitely not that easy.
---
"Trouble keeps you running faster, Save the planet from disaster!" ~ Sonic Boom
For the love of god, announce PSO2 for the US Sega!
#5heatseekersPosted 6/3/2012 6:14:16 PM
archydra made my character cry tears of blood the first time i fought it...
---
A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-Shepherd Book (Firefly)
#6Game__GuruPosted 6/3/2012 6:14:53 PM
I'm fairly certain the first fight is scripted. The head gets cut off after a certain amount of damage is dealt as long as someone is doing some sort of blade weapon damage. If the fight drags on long enough a scene triggers with an explosive barrel allowing you to blow the head off. This fight was meant to be easy and give you a little taste of some later game bosses. Later on in the game you can fight a much more difficult hydra.
#7BassGsSpDeluxePosted 6/3/2012 6:16:49 PM
heatseekers posted...

Just made mine cry tears of time.

Wasn't hard, but is sure as balls wasn't a short fight as a level 54 Mystic Knight.
---
Now Playing - Dragon's Dogma /// Waiting For- Borderlands 2
#8heatseekersPosted 6/3/2012 6:18:22 PM
BassGsSpDeluxe posted...
heatseekers posted...

Just made mine cry tears of time.

Wasn't hard, but is sure as balls wasn't a short fight as a level 54 Mystic Knight.

i was caught off guard, i was a MA and could not get near it, or hurt it enough for it to spit out my pawns
---
A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-Shepherd Book (Firefly)
#9BarakahPosted 6/3/2012 6:18:58 PM
The Hydra at the start dies as soon as it loses a single head. The ones you'll fight later grow them back again and again and again and again and again. Non stop lol. They're not that difficult to kill, but they're a damn sight harder than the one you just killed. That fight you just did was basically the game's monster climbing tutorial lol.
#10TSReaperPosted 6/3/2012 7:00:21 PM
Barakah posted...
The Hydra at the start dies as soon as it loses a single head. The ones you'll fight later grow them back again and again and again and again and again. Non stop lol. They're not that difficult to kill, but they're a damn sight harder than the one you just killed. That fight you just did was basically the game's monster climbing tutorial lol.

That Hydra didn't die, though, it fled.
---
"All down the church in midst of fire, the hellish monster flew, and, passing onward to the quire, he many people slew."