Best path to a good Assassin?

#1Flyingpig93Posted 6/10/2012 10:55:10 PM
The whole level up system in this game is really confusing. I just know I want to end up becoming a strong Assassin. Help please?
#2ArkThompsonPosted 6/10/2012 10:56:45 PM
What do you want to do as a Sin? If you just want to fight Ur Dragon then it is best to level as Sin to 100 and Sorc to 200 to get maximum Heaven's Key damage.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/rbzmgj.jpg
#3Flyingpig93(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 10:58:33 PM
See, I don't know what that means tbh.
#4MancombSeepgoodPosted 6/10/2012 11:03:58 PM(edited)
It's because people think it's cool to shorten assassin to sin. It makes no sense and confuses people who don't live on the boards, but damned if you can stop them.
#5ArkThompsonPosted 6/10/2012 11:04:51 PM(edited)
See, I don't know what that means tbh.

Online Ur-Dragon = the strongest monster in the game, holy damage does extra to him and the best daggers (Heaven's Key) do holy damage.

Because of this it is best to maximise magic attack by leveling up as a Sorcerer after 100 rather than staying as an Assassin due to the boost holy damage gains vs the Ur Dragon. Technically playing a Sorcerer from 10-200 will get you the most damage but the difference is negligible and does not outweigh the benefits of leveling as an Assassin.

On the other hand many people who play Assassin stay as an Assassin from 10-200 and then swap to Ranger at 200 because the class plays almost identically except with stronger bow attacks.

It's because people think it's cool to shorten assassin to sin. It makes no sense and confuses people who don't live on the boards, but damned if you can stop them.

I only say it because I used to play Guild Wars and it was far faster to type sin lfg than assassin lfg.
---
#6Flyingpig93(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 11:07:59 PM
Yea the sin thing was what confused me.

So start as a strider, then go assassin from level 10-100 and then sorcerer to get magic attack and defense up?
#7ArkThompsonPosted 6/10/2012 11:10:24 PM
Yea the sin thing was what confused me.

So start as a strider, then go assassin from level 10-100 and then sorcerer to get magic attack and defense up?

Yeah, at some point you need to get Vehemence (fighter augment), Clout (warrior augment) and Attunement (mage augment) though. It is pretty easy to do this without leveling in the process if you watch your exp.
---
#8Amon_AvenestraPosted 6/11/2012 8:02:44 AM
I agree with ArkThompson in that it depends what you want to do. ArkThomson's approach is for battling Ur Dragon. If you're looking for something less specific though. I would go with Fighter/Warrior/, then Assassin. The Assassin has the highest attack growth, however their defense is subpar. If you are going to use the Assassin as an upclose killer you will need the defense boost of a warrior. Get your stats up first by using the earlier vocations....using the sorcerer class helps if you plan on using enchanted weaponry like the holy daggers. The defense growth between Assassin and Warrior is only 1, however, if you multiply that by 40 or 50 levels you're talking about 80-100 base defense (assassin) versus 120-150 base defense (warrior). Take your time, build up your stats. By the time you hit level 50-60 switch over to assassin. You'll be a maniac by then. Also, by the time you get into the 100's (if you wanted to do post game) the stats of all vocations drop, but the attack growth of assassin will still be at 3 so you'll be good. If you go the sniper route with the assassin though I would put a ranger into the mix. You can't beat the ranger for stamina gains. Find out what you want to do and have fun with it!
#9Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/11/2012 8:22:03 AM(edited)
Honestly? Don't worry about it. Unless you play as a Mage from 1-200, then your stats will be fine.

Play the classes you enjoy and don't worry too much about your stats. Once you get to a high enough level, it really doesn't matter unless you've been playing as a single vocation with really crappy stat gains.
---
Gamer Tag: Coltonius (Pawn: Eve)
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
#10hauntbotPosted 6/11/2012 8:26:41 AM
ArkThompson posted...
What do you want to do as a Sin? If you just want to fight Ur Dragon then it is best to level as Sin to 100 and Sorc to 200 to get maximum Heaven's Key damage.

what is this i dont even

splitting your 2 damage types is pretty much the worst overall approach. you either want pure physical with the warriors strength augment, or pure magical with the sorcs magic aug.

fighter 10> assassin rest or strider 10 > sorceror rest, to be specific.

magic assassin is more multiclass friendly, youll make a great magic archer and mystic knight. unfortunately, youll suck as a ranger whenever your bow isnt enchanted, and not be much better off as a strider or assassin bow-wise.

physical assassin has limited potential in magic classes but does tons of damage with any of the assassins weapons, and also makes a deadly ranger.
---
"just saiyan", since 2007 son