Best path to a good Assassin?

#11Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/11/2012 8:30:38 AM
What's with all the Maxing? He doesn't need to play in a restrictive way to be OP... Seriously.

Just have fun with the game and play how you want. Don't make it difficult or strenuous on yourself by min/maxing your stats, because you WILL be OP no matter how you level up. Unless, as I previously stated, you level a mage from 1-200...
---
Gamer Tag: Coltonius (Pawn: Eve)
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
#12meralonnePosted 6/11/2012 8:34:58 AM
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Don't make it difficult or strenuous on yourself by min/maxing your stats, because you WILL be OP no matter how you level up.

This.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#13foodeater4Posted 6/11/2012 8:41:59 AM
Tc, go dragonsdogma.wikia.com

If you go to the classes section itll give you a break down on what stats increase for each class each level.

To be honest, you dont really need to micromanage your levleing that way.

I've basically been maxing one vocation at a time on my toons and there all beasts so far. My main toon is almost level 50. I'm like a 9 vocation fighter, 9 warrior, 5 assassin and I think a 5 magic knight.

My pawn is a 9 strider, 9 ranger, 9 mage and working on sorcerer right now.

I'm constaly roating classes, after so many hours, why not change. I couldnt imagine leveling 1 class for 100 levels. That just seems boring.

I also know Im NOT going to farm end game stuff forever. Thats totally boring to me. I stick around to help kill the URDragon a coulple cycles and then ill be in new game+ or just start over.
#14hauntbotPosted 6/11/2012 8:44:47 AM
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
What's with all the Maxing? He doesn't need to play in a restrictive way to be OP... Seriously.

Just have fun with the game and play how you want. Don't make it difficult or strenuous on yourself by min/maxing your stats, because you WILL be OP no matter how you level up. Unless, as I previously stated, you level a mage from 1-200...

as far as most normal content yes. the ur dragon keeps getting stronger and stronger with every generation though. i wont for a second say anyone MUST min max, i just outlined the best ways to produce the most overall powerful character. tc didnt ask "how can i be an average assassin?" he asked "how can i be a good assassin?" big difference. :\

you also never know whats in store for future dlc. being prepared is never a bad idea, but ill be the first person to agree that leveling 190 levels as a single class isnt going to be as fun as hopping between classes.
---
"just saiyan", since 2007 son
#15Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/11/2012 8:49:27 AM
hauntbot posted...
Mr Penguin 007 posted...

as far as most normal content yes. the ur dragon keeps getting stronger and stronger with every generation though. i wont for a second say anyone MUST min max, i just outlined the best ways to produce the most overall powerful character. tc didnt ask "how can i be an average assassin?" he asked "how can i be a good assassin?" big difference. :\

you also never know whats in store for future dlc. being prepared is never a bad idea, but ill be the first person to agree that leveling 190 levels as a single class isnt going to be as fun as hopping between classes.

I feel ya. It's just that with the right augments, it's reeeaaally easy to become OP. I jumped around maxing most physical vocations and turned out pretty damn good. I just recently started my NG+ at level 150+ and I'm now maxing Mage, Sorcerer, and Mystic Knight.
---
#16ArkThompsonPosted 6/11/2012 7:31:52 PM(edited)
what is this i dont even

splitting your 2 damage types is pretty much the worst overall approach. you either want pure physical with the warriors strength augment, or pure magical with the sorcs magic aug.

fighter 10> assassin rest or strider 10 > sorceror rest, to be specific.

magic assassin is more multiclass friendly, youll make a great magic archer and mystic knight. unfortunately, youll suck as a ranger whenever your bow isnt enchanted, and not be much better off as a strider or assassin bow-wise.

physical assassin has limited potential in magic classes but does tons of damage with any of the assassins weapons, and also makes a deadly ranger.

Hahaha, I don't think you have any idea how the endgame works.

Sorcerer 10-100

Health - 16
Stamina - 15
Attack - 2
Defense - 1
Magic Attack - 5
Magic Defense - 5

Assassin 10-100

Health - 22
Stamina - 27
Attack - 6
Defense - 2

Magic Attack - 2
Magic Defense - 1

Assassin to 100 is clearly superior, the damage loss is negligible compared to the high stam boost

Sorcerer 100+

Health - 10
Stamina - 10
Attack - 0
Defense - 0
Magic Attack - 3
Magic Defense - 1

Assassin 100+

Health - 5
Stamina - 15
Attack - 3
Defense - 1

Magic Attack - 0
Magic Defense - 0

From here as TC wanted to be an Assassin at level 200 it is quite clear that playing as a Sorcerer is superior (3 MA, 1 MD, +5H) especially considering that at that level the only thing worth fighting is the Ur-Dragon which is weak to holy damage and so 3 MA provides more damage than 3A
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/rbzmgj.jpg
#17kornbeefncabagePosted 6/14/2012 10:21:25 PM
ArkThompson posted...
what is this i dont even

splitting your 2 damage types is pretty much the worst overall approach. you either want pure physical with the warriors strength augment, or pure magical with the sorcs magic aug.

fighter 10> assassin rest or strider 10 > sorceror rest, to be specific.

magic assassin is more multiclass friendly, youll make a great magic archer and mystic knight. unfortunately, youll suck as a ranger whenever your bow isnt enchanted, and not be much better off as a strider or assassin bow-wise.

physical assassin has limited potential in magic classes but does tons of damage with any of the assassins weapons, and also makes a deadly ranger.

Hahaha, I don't think you have any idea how the endgame works.

Sorcerer 10-100

Health - 16
Stamina - 15
Attack - 2
Defense - 1
Magic Attack - 5
Magic Defense - 5

Assassin 10-100

Health - 22
Stamina - 27
Attack - 6
Defense - 2

Magic Attack - 2
Magic Defense - 1

Assassin to 100 is clearly superior, the damage loss is negligible compared to the high stam boost

Sorcerer 100+

Health - 10
Stamina - 10
Attack - 0
Defense - 0
Magic Attack - 3
Magic Defense - 1

Assassin 100+

Health - 5
Stamina - 15
Attack - 3
Defense - 1

Magic Attack - 0
Magic Defense - 0

From here as TC wanted to be an Assassin at level 200 it is quite clear that playing as a Sorcerer is superior (3 MA, 1 MD, +5H) especially considering that at that level the only thing worth fighting is the Ur-Dragon which is weak to holy damage and so 3 MA provides more damage than 3A

Wouldnt there really only be 2 optimal ways of building an assassin? Things like health and stamina wouldn't be big concerns with curatives and defence falls to the way side with invisibility. So you are kind of left with attack and magic attack. So it seems to me that you want a str based or magic based character. The being either a fighter 1 - 10 and assassin 11 - 200 or a mage 1 - 10 and sorcerer 11 - 200 and the switching to an assassin. Would that be correct? And if so which is better?
---
GT: GUINESSGUY84
#18Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/14/2012 10:31:02 PM
I still go with what I said previously... It really doesn't matter that much. :|

You can number-crunch all you want to figure out what vocations you should level up as and when you should level them up, but it really does not matter. You'll be OP. It ain't hard. The difference between being the maximum OP and being OP is negligible. You're gonna rape balls.
---
#19IlluminaZer0Posted 6/14/2012 10:44:06 PM
Raw stats are pretty secondary to Equipment and skills.

Aside from the Ur-Dragon (who is biased towards offensive builds due to there being a time limit) there really isn't anything to test max level content on.

Leveling to 200 is already a chore without restrictive leveling; and I do emphasize it is restrictive as you have to seriously meta-game to avoid leveling beyond 10 in the starter classes and gain vocational augmentations without leveling in off-class vocations.
#20Stra7agosPosted 6/14/2012 10:59:43 PM
By the time you're done with all that tedious micro management you won't even want to play the game anymore.

Min/Max is only ever worth the effort in MMO's with PvP elements.
---
Dragon Sealer of Legend /MH3:Straga (HR 680+) Caska (HR 100+)
GEB:Caska "Dark Blade" -Assault Lieut.- Warrior/Slasher/Snatcher