True ending discussion(epic spoilers do not enter until you have beaten game)

#1effret_777Posted 6/13/2012 5:35:25 PM
Alright so those of us who have beaten the game we now that we become the new senechal, and commit suicide to break the eternal cycle. Then your pawn becomes you?what does this mean ? Do you live again at the cost of your pawn? Or is that still your pawn?
Furthermore all failed arisens become the next dragon, so what are drakes, wyrms, and wyverns? Reincarnated pawns?

Let the dicussion begin.
---
Dragons Dogma: it will capture your Heart, no really it will.
#2the_reaper849Posted 6/13/2012 5:37:25 PM
iirc one of selenes quests explains the pawn thing.

when you die, your pawn is given the opportunity to live a normal human life

the cost is your soul and body. when you die your body becomes vacant and your pawn lives in it.

i might have gotten some of it wrong but thats the gist of it.

for the rest idk.
---
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.
#3TitoslayerXPosted 6/13/2012 5:37:42 PM
if you fight the wyrm that speaks perfect english at the water dragon temple, he calls you a fellow countryman and talks about some other little things
---
Official Vaan Of The Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards.
"Stings Huh?"
#4recycledhumanPosted 6/13/2012 5:39:28 PM
I actually thought we used the godsbane to become the seneshal and not to "break the cycle" in this way we impact a bit of our soul on our pawn who "grows to be more like us the more we travel". We remain behind to await the next worthy arisen and our pawn becomes human.

But I've only beat the game once and I missed a few parts so I'm eager to hear what others think!
---
GT : Recycled Human
#5ChacronicPosted 6/13/2012 5:44:55 PM
effret_777 posted...
Alright so those of us who have beaten the game we now that we become the new senechal, and commit suicide to break the eternal cycle. Then your pawn becomes you?what does this mean ? Do you live again at the cost of your pawn? Or is that still your pawn?
Furthermore all failed arisens become the next dragon, so what are drakes, wyrms, and wyverns? Reincarnated pawns?

Let the dicussion begin.

You give a piece of your soul to your pawn like its explained in the Selene quests. When you do so, they start to look like you too (I'm guessing this changes gender as well too). After using Godbane you are most definitely dead, but your pawn lives on with a piece of your soul and apparently lives your life where you left off before becoming senechal.

I think the drakes, wyrms, and wyverns are still fallen arisen, or at least thats what the Wyrm's intro speech in the Water Altar makes me believe as it alludes you (Arisen) being a fellow countryman like he once was. I have no explanation why they're the way they are instead of dragons like Grigori is though.
---
"Trouble keeps you running faster, Save the planet from disaster!" ~ Sonic Boom
For the love of god, announce PSO2 for the US Sega!
#6effret_777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 5:45:37 PM
recycledhuman posted...
I actually thought we used the godsbane to become the seneshal and not to "break the cycle" in this way we impact a bit of our soul on our pawn who "grows to be more like us the more we travel". We remain behind to await the next worthy arisen and our pawn becomes human.

But I've only beat the game once and I missed a few parts so I'm eager to hear what others think!

Defintely would love to get the wole scope on the story the ending was just like omgwtf this is awesome,but still some parts i dont quite get, loving the input from you guys so far

He calls you fellow countryman eh? Hmmm interesting, another fallen arisen from gransys? Messed human chosen to be a wyrm who knows!
---
#7effret_777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 5:47:38 PM
Chacronic posted...
effret_777 posted...

Let the dicussion begin.

You give a piece of your soul to your pawn like its explained in the Selene quests. When you do so, they start to look like you too (I'm guessing this changes gender as well too). After using Godbane you are most definitely dead, but your pawn lives on with a piece of your soul and apparently lives your life where you left off before becoming senechal.

I think the drakes, wyrms, and wyverns are still fallen arisen, or at least thats what the Wyrm's intro speech in the Water Altar makes me believe as it alludes you (Arisen) being a fellow countryman like he once was. I have no explanation why they're the way they are instead of dragons like Grigori is though.

Perhaps arisen who made the choice to sacrfice their loved ones? And as atonment become the dragon?
---
#8ChacronicPosted 6/13/2012 5:52:28 PM
The Wyrm was pretty interesting as he actually speaks to you in english similar to Grigori. Almost like you're fighting someone familar or similar to you.

Also to note the 'special' Wyvern you get to fight at Bluemoon Tower has his own unique speech too but he talks in all Dragon tongue and is quite hostile, a bit of contrast to the Wyrm in Water Altar (both will try to kill you though).
---
"Trouble keeps you running faster, Save the planet from disaster!" ~ Sonic Boom
For the love of god, announce PSO2 for the US Sega!
#9CMSoldierPosted 6/13/2012 5:56:36 PM
There's also a Drake at Bloodwater Beach but he's more angry, power hungry and aggressive and doesn't talk about things such as the Wyrm
---
GT- JVlarshall
The Chocolate Frosty- C-Mar
#10SexycopperPosted 6/13/2012 5:56:58 PM
It's pretty much a lock that the Arisen who can't defeat the current Senechal does become the crimson dragon tasked with finding a new arisen. I have another theory on the lesser species. I was thinking that perhaps an arisen who refuse the bargain but can't take out the current crimson dragon ends up as one of weaker species.
---
I'm just a passing through Kamen Rider, remember that!- Kamen Rider Decade
XBL Tag: Kyosuke NEO