Madeline shop opening (Spoiler)

#1HalecticPosted 6/17/2012 3:19:22 PM(edited)
The only quest needed in order for Madeline to open shop near the Black Cat is Chasing Shadows, which you get from Mason if you kill the Salvation cultist instead of letting him live on the first quest you do.

If you do not do Chasing Shadows, Madeline will open shop at the Inn, but any questlines related to her will not trigger.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#2TSReaperPosted 6/17/2012 4:44:48 PM
Halectic posted...
The only quest needed in order for Madeline to open shop near the Black Cat is Chasing Shadows, which you get from Mason if you kill the Salvation cultist instead of letting him live on the first quest you do.

If you do not do Chasing Shadows, Madeline will open shop at the Inn, but any questlines related to her will not trigger.

You can get Chasing Shadows before even doing Seeking Salvation though.
---
"All down the church in midst of fire, the hellish monster flew, and, passing onward to the quire, he many people slew."
#3ChibiLeenPosted 6/17/2012 4:56:26 PM
TSReaper posted...

Yes, that has always stumped me. When he gives you that quest, he talks about Salvation as if you already know what it is, and have previously dealt with it. But you can do "Chasing Shadows" extremely early on, right after you talk to Barnaby for the first time, in my case. Maybe if you don't do this quest before "Seeking Salvation" and decide to spare the cultist, Mason will not give you "Chasing Shadows" anymore? What is the latest point in the main story when you can do this quest?
#4TSReaperPosted 6/17/2012 5:17:01 PM
ChibiLeen posted...
TSReaper posted...

Yes, that has always stumped me. When he gives you that quest, he talks about Salvation as if you already know what it is, and have previously dealt with it. But you can do "Chasing Shadows" extremely early on, right after you talk to Barnaby for the first time, in my case. Maybe if you don't do this quest before "Seeking Salvation" and decide to spare the cultist, Mason will not give you "Chasing Shadows" anymore? What is the latest point in the main story when you can do this quest?

No idea how late it's available, though I'd imagine not killing the cultist would definitely lock you out of Chasing Shadows, as people have said that Mason's just gone for them after making that choice. And, personally, I feel it would have made more sense for this quest to be locked until after having done Seeking Salvation and Come to Court.
---
"All down the church in midst of fire, the hellish monster flew, and, passing onward to the quire, he many people slew."