Dragons tears item?

#1jgod7228Posted 6/17/2012 3:39:37 PM
I have two of these: one is a wyverns tear, the other a drakes tear. The item description says they affect rewards from defeated foes. Anyone know how they work? I assume they have to be in your active inventory, but what are the specifics, and do they help really.
#2SilentLonerPosted 6/17/2012 3:44:46 PM
When you have all three (Drake's Tear, Wyvern's Tear, Wyrm's Tear) in your inventory, they give you a better chance of getting rarer drops off of enemies. They might stack as well.
---
('` | | . |;;; |\ | `'|'` | . /'''\ |\ | |;;; |'')
.,) | |,,,|,,, | \| . | . |,,,\,,/ | \| |,,, |"\ GT: Seth Lios/DD: Lv 200 Ranger
#3jgod7228(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 3:56:30 PM
SilentLoner posted...
When you have all three (Drake's Tear, Wyvern's Tear, Wyrm's Tear) in your inventory, they give you a better chance of getting rarer drops off of enemies. They might stack as well.

Thanks. And is there a trick to get them to drop the tears? Like hitting weak spot? Or is it just a random drop.
#4SilentLonerPosted 6/17/2012 3:59:08 PM
It's completely random, as far as I can tell.
---
.,) | |,,,|,,, | \| . | . |,,,\,,/ | \| |,,, |"\ GT: Seth Lios/DD: Lv 200 Ranger
#5mooninomicsPosted 6/17/2012 4:17:27 PM
I think they're random as well, but it seems like they only show up when I get some eye-shots in. I'm not sure if that is at all related or if it is coincidence, though.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the steven king of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#6N7Spectre707Posted 6/17/2012 4:25:18 PM
As near as I can tell, the tears do not work.

I'm pretty sure the guide says they are supposed to give enemies outside the everfall the same drops, but the definitely do not do that. As for getting rarer items more often, I notice no difference whether I have them in my inventory or not. Probably just a placebo effect.
---
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.
#7SilentLonerPosted 6/17/2012 4:28:02 PM(edited)
The guide is wrong about giving all enemies the types of drops from the Everfall, just like it is about them combining once you get all three of them.

It took me a while to find my first Wyrm Tear, but once I had that along with the other two, I've been finding one or two of them consistently off of Wyrms. Take that as you will.
---
#8N7Spectre707Posted 6/17/2012 4:31:09 PM
SilentLoner posted...
The guide is wrong about giving all enemies the types of drops from the Everfall, just like it is about them combining once you get all three of them.

It took me a while to find my first Wyrm Tear, but once I had that along with the other two, I've been finding one or two of them consistently off of Wyrms. Take that as you will.

The guide COULD be wrong, but it also could be that the game is bugged. I really wish capcom would actually say something about what it is they actually and do and whether or not they really work. I don't notice a difference but its hard to tell without even knowing for sure what their actual effect is supposed to be.
---
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.