Makers Finger...?

#1Vexx303Posted 6/17/2012 8:55:44 PM
So I understand that when you use this item, the game "Saves"... I found that out after using it...(I really should have read the tool-tip first though)

Regardless, it slipped my mind that the game saves when using it, but on to the situation...

I was being a dick in town to all the people...While unarmed, I was carrying EVERYONE to the edge, and "Spartan Kicking" them off into the Abyss...(I kicked alot of them off...)

Anyway, I decided to see what happened if I used Makers Finger on them...(Thought it might of chain killed a bunch of the remaining people....)

Well it saved...I remembered that it saves after it started saving (Best time to remember, obviously)...I almost turned off the console to stop it...but then also remembered about how easy the game gets corrupt, so I didnt.

I quit without saving thinking that maybe just the "Checkpoint/Inn" save was overwritten...

Well, regardless of what I thought, I'm guessing it overwrites both saves? I cant get the "Retry" to load me back to my manual save, and the "Reload last checkpoint" reloads back to the same spot as the "current retry" which are both when I used the 'Makers finger'.

Is there anyway that I can get back to the manual save or is this really gone?

If not, well...lesson learned.
#2_Reaver_Posted 6/17/2012 8:57:11 PM
STOP FINGERING POOR PEoPLE!
#3_Reaver_Posted 6/17/2012 8:57:38 PM
Use a usb stick for different saves

wow
#4aureliano17Posted 6/17/2012 9:42:09 PM
This is quite possibly the best thing I've read on this board.

But yeah, don't worry. Just sleep somewhere else for a few days.
#5Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 5:12:52 AM
I guess Forunval(sp?) came back, but he keeps running from me...

aureliano17 posted...
This is quite possibly the best thing I've read on this board.

But yeah, don't worry. Just sleep somewhere else for a few days.

Will sleeping at another town (multiple times) help to reset some of the Vendors in Gran Soren back to normal? (Monte, Forun, & Asalam?) or will have have to continue to sleep somewhere else until I start NG++?
#6grimms2Posted 6/18/2012 5:22:25 AM
You only get one Makers Finger per game. Fournivel doesn't restock this item (Even after a week).
#7Art Of DrowningPosted 6/18/2012 5:49:23 AM
grimms2 posted...
You only get one Makers Finger per game. Fournivel doesn't restock this item (Even after a week).

He will restock when you have used your Makers Finger. Many of us has bought multiple from him for the online Ur Dragon.
---
"I hear the drum rolls thumping
And my heart starts jumping"
#8Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 6:28:30 AM
grimms2 posted...

I was never worried about the Maker's Finger, I know it restocks though...I've helped with the Ur Dragon before...

I'm more worried about the NPC's acting all scared and running away from me...It makes them hard to talk to...