best sorcerer skills to pick up?

#1Aki_LeavesPosted 6/20/2012 1:15:53 AM
What are the six best sorcerer skills to pick up for the sake of just utterly destroying things? Or just best in general. I'm new to the vocation, so thank you!
---
GT: Aki Leaves
DD Pawn: Korra ((Yes, like the show.))
#2WHLTE_RLDERPosted 6/20/2012 1:19:42 AM
Depends on what you plan to do with the vocation tbh.

Read the second page of the "GRIGORI! In Pawn Form!" Topic.

I discussed some of the skills.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
Pawn: Grigori - Battle mage - Mortal manifestation of the Dragon.
#3Aki_Leaves(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 1:22:58 AM
WHLTE_RLDER posted...

Thanks! I'm taking a look. I basically just want to do great damage for any situation.

Maybe you could just list off which skills are USEFUL rather than which six I should use specifically...

You can list a build if you want, but it would be nice to know just which ones are actually good, and which sorc skills should pretty much be avoided in general. :P
---
#4WHLTE_RLDERPosted 6/20/2012 1:27:46 AM
Aki_Leaves posted...
WHLTE_RLDER posted...

Thanks! I'm taking a look. I basically just want to do great damage for any situation.

Maybe you could just list off which skills are USEFUL rather than which six I should use specifically...

You can list a build if you want, but it would be nice to know just which ones are actually good, and which sorc skills should pretty much be avoided in general. :P

Well the ONE sorcerer spell I HATE is maelstrom.

It does great damage, but if you're within 50 feet you can't see a thing!

Most spells are good tbh. Though voidspell is a must.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
Pawn: Grigori - Battle mage - Mortal manifestation of the Dragon.
#5Silver_SolPosted 6/20/2012 1:52:19 AM
Is this for your pawn, or for yourself?
---
"All hail the Thalmor! All hail the Aldmeri Dominion!"
Xbox LIVE GT: TotallyRadYo | DD Pawn: Orion
#6Silver_SolPosted 6/20/2012 1:57:23 AM
Can't edit. Didn't realize it was for your Arisen. I'm a new user. :(

All of the skills are useful. Even High Exequy, which no one seems to like, is good for Steel Golems and Cyclops. Put anything you want, really. Make sure you have one of the smaller spells (Brontide, Frigor, Ingle, Levin) in case you end up somewhere with a lot of enemies like the Chamber of Fate.
---
#7Aki_Leaves(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 2:00:25 AM
thank you! Sounds like I'll have a lot of fun switching spells out and experimenting! thank you!
---
#8OddmanUGPosted 6/20/2012 2:04:16 AM
For arisen, I swear by comestion, bolide, levin, and gicel. Exequy is not bad. Comestion is like my default attack, and I pop levins on anything with resistance to fire. Gicel mostly for boss 1-on-1, and bolide for decimating crowds. Exequy mostly as a stealth kill skill. And Brontide simply for pure badassery points.
#9OddmanUGPosted 6/20/2012 2:05:51 AM
If you have a tight melee team that sticks together, try Fulmination. It kind of wrecks things caught between all 4 of you.
#10Silver_SolPosted 6/20/2012 2:10:51 AM
No problem. :)

I dislike Comestion and Frazil, which is why I didn't include them in the list of small spells you can have. It would also help if you have a Fighter with Shield Drum or a Warrior with War Cry, as they will keep monsters away from you.

Apparently, there's a thing that lets you have tandem spells with another Sorcerer in your party. They can start where you are while charging a spell, and you both cast it at the same time. Not sure if it works for all spells, as I haven't really tried it.
---