THE ENDING EXPLAINED (From the final battle quest) (spoilers)

#1jiminy_maccaPosted 6/20/2012 6:42:57 PM
It seems not many people understand the story nor the ending. I keep reading posts and people are getting way off the mark. So for these people and people who seek answers later this should clear some things up.

The dragon offers you a choice. The love of your life for fame and power or to fight him and reclaim your heart. The dragon explains that the last arisen sacrificed his love for power (Edmund Dragonsbane). When you defeat the dragon your heart is reclaimed however all previous arisen also get their hearts back. The dragonforged who earlier explained arisen are immortal due to being arisen. He also gets his heart back but with it comes the many years he has not aged. He is so old he simply turns to dust. Edmund Dragon's Bane faced the dragon approximately 50 years prior to you. When he got his heart back he gained those 50 odd years thus he aged rapidly.

The dragon before passing away released a 'curse' on the land causing the monsters to grow stronger. The arisen goes to Gransys to investigate. Upon arriving there is a large sinkhole in the town square. The arisen goes to the duke who accuses the arisen of making a deal with the dragon. Eventually you are chased to the town square and fall.

The hole is the rift/everfall. You encounter the pawn from the tutorial who was with Saven. She explains her master instructed her to stay there while her master sought 20 Wakestones. She asks you to collect them. Upon collecting them she instructs that they will open a portal wherein lies the way to return the world to normal. The arisen jumps through. Inside he has arrived at a place outside of normal existence. He presses forward and is confronted by a man who calls himself the seneschal. He gives you an ultimatum. Kill him and take the place as the new god of the world or die (later explained he will become the next dragon).

The Seneschal reveals himself to be Savan. (The prologue character). Upon defeat he explains the cycle of the world. A dragon is sent to the world to find one person of considerable courage and strength to become the arisen. This arisen is then tasked with slaying the dragon to prove his worth. Again the dragon tests the arisens resolve with the choice originally made when you first confront him (fame or fight). If the arisen defeats the dragon then the seneschal will welcome a battle with the arisen. If the arisen wins and chooses so he will become then next Seneschal/God until he feels he can no longer perform the task of governing the world whereby he releases a new dragon to find a new arisen thus beginning the cycle all over again.

Savan welcomes death at the hands of the arisen. Now the Seneschal the arisen has control over the world; however this cycle still exists. Uncontent the arisen pulls forth his own Godsblade and strikes his heart thus breaking the cycle of dragons and seneschals so that mankind may live free from control/fate etc.

The arisen and his pawn fall from heaven. When the pawn emerges in Cassardis he has taken the form of his master. This is earlier explained that a pawn will eventually shift their appearence to that of their masters. (This is just a segway into post-game gameplay)

THE END
#2moridin7632Posted 6/20/2012 7:08:28 PM
You said:

Savan welcomes death at the hands of the arisen. Now the Seneschal the arisen has control over the world; however this cycle still exists. Uncontent the arisen pulls forth his own Godsblade and strikes his heart thus breaking the cycle of dragons and seneschals so that mankind may live free from control/fate etc.

But, I would like to ask one question about that statement.

If stabbing yourself with the godsblade breaks the cycle, how come the cycle wasn't broken when Savan stabbed himself with it? The sword that you kill Savan with to take is place is pulled directly from his body, which would mean that he had stabbed himself with it.
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#3Silver_SolPosted 6/20/2012 7:10:08 PM
Quince's master was a girl. Quince and Savan have no relation to each other, save for when he hired her at the start of the game.
---
"All hail the Thalmor! All hail the Aldmeri Dominion!"
Xbox LIVE GT: TotallyRadYo | DD Pawn: Orion
#4HighSpeedLoserPosted 6/20/2012 7:15:53 PM
but he is alive when you cut him down, as you pass into being a seneschal and he stops
there is no other arisen present when you end it, only yourself. you don't wait for someone to meet you up there, you take control into your own hands
---
Voices of violence will always be heard.
#5SomegamefanPosted 6/20/2012 7:24:41 PM
I've also noticed that should the Arisin die during the fight with Sevan, he/she will fall through the clouds, and the beginning cutscene will show with the dragon coming to life and making for the world.

I also have a question; What happens if you decide to choose fame over fight?
---
I can't think of anything witty or humorous to put here...
No really....Nuthin.
#6icewlfPosted 6/20/2012 7:29:56 PM
or perhaps Dragon's Dogma is a game based on M Theory of Multiple Dimensions
#7Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 6/20/2012 7:46:46 PM
I disagree with your interpretation that it ends the cycle, and I understand your reasoning but here's mine: how did it begin at first, before there was ever a keeper. Who choose the first one? I believe there must be a failsafe. When you create a ng+, the dragon comes down again. Is this the mystical failsafe at work? Or perhaps the conscious work of the dragon, knowing that you have refused your duty. Perhaps the dragon is ultimately the puppet master, as it is more than hinted at that he is conscious of his purpose. After all, it's the Dragon's Dogma.
---
GT: iAmTheTot
http://ddogmachat.chatango.com/ - Live Xbox 360 Dragon's Dogma chat. Q&A, Ur-Dragon Updates, Trades, General Chat
#8mfv12979Posted 6/20/2012 7:48:28 PM
has anyone tried choosing fame when the red dragon let you choose? if so what happens.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#9Elemental FusionPosted 6/20/2012 7:50:47 PM
has anyone tried choosing fame when the red dragon let you choose? if so what happens.

You go to a cutscene of your arisen sitting on the Gran Soren throne, looking all glum and bitter. It then goes to the "retry" screen and you start right before the dragon again. It gets you an achievement, too, I guess.
---
"My disbelief is like an iron fortress of disbelief... patrolled by Superman. And he doesn't believe you either."
#10mfv12979Posted 6/20/2012 7:52:15 PM
i see im on my 3rd playthrough i will choose that path next
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266