THE ENDING EXPLAINED (From the final battle quest) (spoilers)

#21KagaiYami569Posted 6/21/2012 12:40:21 AM
moridin7632 posted...
jiminy_macca posted...
Savan pulling the godblade out doesnt necessarily mean he put it in there like the arisen. When the arisen did it... he died, he fell from heaven. It isnt a matter of spiritual ascension as he was already the senechal by killing Savan. It is just a plot-hole or more simply he's god and he did a magic trick. Savan pulled it out of his chest, then the arisen put it back in and it killed him :/

the whole point of the game had the underlying theme of the cycle and breaking it. This is how it was accomplished. The end.

Sorry man, but thats just stupid. He pulled the blade out of his own body, strangely enough the exact spot that you stab yourself as the arisen, but it was all just a magic trick?

I guess believe what you want, but I disagree completly with that.

not stupid at all. he's a god. he creates life and death and matter. why wouldnt he be able to store the blade inside himself? as a god if he wanted to he could open his chest up with his barehands and create a voidspace inside of himself specifically designed to store the godsbane untill someone came to defeat him at which point he can will the hilt of the blade to force itself out of his chest and then he just pulls it the rest of the way. what you keep forgetting is that he is a god. and therefore can do whatever he wants.

and its not like anyone in the game besides the blonde chick actually carries a backpack. so as far as im concerned the arisen and everyone else is pulling everything they use in the game out of their butts.
#22thatman6sic6Posted 6/21/2012 5:00:17 AM
KagaiYami569 posted...
moridin7632 posted...
jiminy_macca posted...
Savan pulling the godblade out doesnt necessarily mean he put it in there like the arisen. When the arisen did it... he died, he fell from heaven. It isnt a matter of spiritual ascension as he was already the senechal by killing Savan. It is just a plot-hole or more simply he's god and he did a magic trick. Savan pulled it out of his chest, then the arisen put it back in and it killed him :/

the whole point of the game had the underlying theme of the cycle and breaking it. This is how it was accomplished. The end.

Sorry man, but thats just stupid. He pulled the blade out of his own body, strangely enough the exact spot that you stab yourself as the arisen, but it was all just a magic trick?

not stupid at all. he's a god. he creates life and death and matter. why wouldnt he be able to store the blade inside himself? as a god if he wanted to he could open his chest up with his barehands and create a voidspace inside of himself specifically designed to store the godsbane untill someone came to defeat him at which point he can will the hilt of the blade to force itself out of his chest and then he just pulls it the rest of the way. what you keep forgetting is that he is a god. and therefore can do whatever he wants.

and its not like anyone in the game besides the blonde chick actually carries a backpack. so as far as im concerned the arisen and everyone else is pulling everything they use in the game out of their butts.

Ok... so explain why my love selene( also a pawn turned human) says the arision sacrificed his body and PART of his soul so my pawn could be human... if selenes arision did it then y didn't the cycle break then.... IMO the part of the soul not used is still
---
xbl GT:thatman 6sic6 psn id:thatman_6sic6
#23thatman6sic6Posted 6/21/2012 5:02:11 AM
Still there**
---
xbl GT:thatman 6sic6 psn id:thatman_6sic6
#24Burn-the-lightPosted 6/21/2012 6:43:24 AM
I always thought that after becoming god you still have your mortal body and using the gods bane destroys that, casting it from heaven. Your pawn jumps down after, thinking you're dead and when he awakens he's taken on your old form as a reward. Giving him/her free will in return for helping you fulfill your destiny. You then sit on the God throne awaiting the next arisen. Where you'll then pull the true Gods bane from your chest and present it to them upon defeat.

That's my interpretation anyway.
---
We walk toward desire, hand in hand through fields of fire, with only love to light the way, on the road to judgement day.
DD Pawn: Ishzark, Warrior vocation.
#25requiemsgPosted 6/21/2012 6:47:17 AM
The cycle is not broken, that is my main gripe with your take. That is the whole point of DD's storyline, that the cycle is never ending. Even should u kill yourself, another arisen will take your place, and so on.
---
XboxLive GT: Gu1t4r5tr1ng5
Pawn for Rent: High level fighter! Check her out !! ^^
#26Forever33Posted 6/21/2012 7:28:18 AM
requiemsg posted...
The cycle is not broken, that is my main gripe with your take. That is the whole point of DD's storyline, that the cycle is never ending. Even should u kill yourself, another arisen will take your place, and so on.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but don't you have to defeat the previous god to become one yourself? In that case, without another arisen being chosen by the time of your suicide, didn't you effectively end the cycle? Being that there isn't an arisen to defeat god ANDno god to defeat?
#27Telekenesis123Posted 6/21/2012 7:40:04 AM
Forever33 posted...
requiemsg posted...

Forgive me if I'm wrong but don't you have to defeat the previous god to become one yourself? In that case, without another arisen being chosen by the time of your suicide, didn't you effectively end the cycle? Being that there isn't an arisen to defeat god ANDno god to defeat?

When you beat the game again offline your new arisen fights your old arisen that you beat the game with which implies nothing has been broken, remember savan had the godsbane in his chest too. If you play online you fight other peoples arisen.
---
Live By Honor
#28DarkenSleepPosted 6/21/2012 7:55:53 AM
I think that no matter what you do, the cycle never ends one way or another.
#29moridin7632Posted 6/21/2012 1:54:47 PM
KagaiYami569 posted...
moridin7632 posted...
jiminy_macca posted...

So, in other words, your perfectly ok with the idea that he stores the blade in his body, but when you stab yourself you die? Again, that is just stupid. There would be no reason for him to store it sticking out of his chest. If he is "god" than he could have just made it appear.

Its ok that people don't agree with my opinion, but man, come up with something better if you want to critique it. I mean seriously? He stores it inside himself?
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#30RasutoSSAikouPosted 6/21/2012 2:19:46 PM
So, in other words, your perfectly ok with the idea that he stores the blade in his body, but when you stab yourself you die? Again, that is just stupid. There would be no reason for him to store it sticking out of his chest. If he is "god" than he could have just made it appear.

Its ok that people don't agree with my opinion, but man, come up with something better if you want to critique it. I mean seriously? He stores it inside himself?

And pray tell, how on earth is he still the Seneschal if he stabbed himself with it, since when you did it, you fell from the seat of God and died?

Your theory has a bigger hole in it than a Godsbane stab wound.
---
Do you play Dragon's Dogma? Try out my pawn, she'll take care of you! Name: Ehcin
Xbox GT/PSN- Ssur Trebor