Ser Daerio's key? (Spoilers)

#1iLXeNkPosted 6/22/2012 1:38:36 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to get into that locked room at Windbluff Tower.

In my first play-through after the duel between Mercedes and that other dude one of my pawns said Ser Daerio has the key. Daerio wouldn't say anything to me besides "omg salvation wrecked us etc etc"

Could anyone tell me how they managed to get this key from Ser Daerio? Or how they managed to get in that door? And please don't say Skeleton Key because I tried that already.
---
XBL GT: iLXeNk
Waiting for - The Last Guardian
#2SilentLonerPosted 6/22/2012 1:41:04 PM
You can get it as a reward for the 'Supply and Demand' quest he gives if you do it perfectly, but you had to do it before the uprising. It's too late at this point.
---
('` | | . |;;; |\ | `'|'` | . /'''\ |\ | |;;; |'')
.,) | |,,,|,,, | \| . | . |,,,\,,/ | \| |,,, |"\ GT: Seth Lios/DD: Lv 200 Ranger
#3meralonnePosted 6/22/2012 1:42:23 PM
What's in there, anyway? Are the chests random or do they contain any unique gear?
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#4iLXeNk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 1:44:23 PM(edited)
SilentLoner posted...
You can get it as a reward for the 'Supply and Demand' quest he gives if you do it perfectly, but you had to do it before the uprising. It's too late at this point.

By perfectly do you mean asking for the weeks worth of food from the specific guy Ser Daerio mentions instead of telling a guard?
---
XBL GT: iLXeNk
Waiting for - The Last Guardian
#5SilentLonerPosted 6/22/2012 1:43:57 PM
I remember getting some Meloirean gear from those chests. Either way, there are other ways of getting them, so it's not too big of a loss.
---
.,) | |,,,|,,, | \| . | . |,,,\,,/ | \| |,,, |"\ GT: Seth Lios III/DD: Lv 27 Fighter
#6YiddosRulePosted 6/22/2012 1:44:10 PM
Meleorian chest piece and helmet.
#7SilentLonerPosted 6/22/2012 1:44:46 PM
iLXeNk posted...
SilentLoner posted...

By perfectly do you mean asking for the weeks worth of food from the specific guy mentions?

Yes, and you also have to tell that to Julian directly. Also, you'll need to hand over the extra provisions Julian gives you.
---
.,) | |,,,|,,, | \| . | . |,,,\,,/ | \| |,,, |"\ GT: Seth Lios/DD: Lv 200 Ranger
#8YiddosRulePosted 6/22/2012 1:46:17 PM
Even if you didn't give the 5 meats to him, you can still get the key from him if you give the letter to his guard from another quest.
#9SilentLonerPosted 6/22/2012 1:46:51 PM
Do you need to give him the real letter, or does it not matter?
---
#10YiddosRulePosted 6/22/2012 1:50:43 PM
SilentLoner posted...
Do you need to give him the real letter, or does it not matter?

I only gave the real one, but for my 2nd playthrough I will try a forged one though I doubt it should matter. It's easier to keep the 5 ambrosial's you get for another quest either way.