Offline UR Dragon

#1mmasters36Posted 7/18/2012 1:07:09 PM
So to have this battle can you switch to offline at any time before the dragon comes. and then if you dont kill it, how long to rest before a new try. and will it be the same spawn until you can kill it? Never really understood the Generations. Thanks
---
you can achieve what your mind can conceive
#2Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 7/18/2012 1:08:38 PM
No, to fight him offline switch to offline mode BEFORE entering the chamber. Offline Ur-Dragon will always have the same stats ("gen 1"), and if you do not finish him in one go, you can leave, rest, reenter (in offline mode still) and he will still be just as weak.
---
GT: iAmTheTot
http://dd360chat.chatango.com/ (UPDATED URL!!) - Live Xbox 360 Dragon's Dogma chat. Q&A, Urpdates, Game Tips, Trades, General Chat
#3meralonnePosted 7/18/2012 1:09:58 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Offline Ur-Dragon will always have the same stats ("gen 1"), and if you do not finish him in one go, you can leave, rest, reenter (in offline mode still) and he will still be just as weak.

The only exception to this is if you actually beat the game. Once you go to NG+, offline Ur-dragon resets.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#4Zague77Posted 7/18/2012 1:17:57 PM
The offline Ur doesn't really have any "generations." He'll always be the same when you start against him. You fight him for around 8 minutes before he chickens out (or decides to show mercy depending on how those 8 minutes go!) Then you just need to rest once at the inn/guild and he'll come back with the same amount of health he had when he bugged out. Just keep doing this until he dies.

I'd say the time to switch to offline if you need to is just before entering the chamber. I once finished for the day inside the chamber, about to fight him offline. Next morning I forgot and connected when loading the save. The online Ur came down so I reloaded and turned to offline before he appeared, but it was still the online Ur somehow.

Online works exactly the same, in 8-minute chunks until he dies, but he's got shed-loads more health and everyone who fights contributes. Each subsequent generation has more health and, in theory, is tougher to bring down.
#5mmasters36(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 1:36:32 PM
Thanks for the help guys
---
you can achieve what your mind can conceive