Sorcerer vs Ur (offline)

#1DoctorWenusPosted 7/24/2012 10:03:21 AM
Is it possible?
---
GT: Darth Wenus
#2Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 7/24/2012 10:06:01 AM(edited)
Oh my goodness, absolutely. Once you have enough magic you can pretty much just stunlock him, not to mention 4 sorcerers versus offline Ur is sort of a joke. Toss a Wyrmking Ring on, along with the cast time reducer augment, and you shouldn't really have a problem. Pre-100, bring your pawns and some curatives. Again, 4 sorcerers is a sight to behold (especially if you have Wyrmking Rings or each). If you're over 100, consider going solo and just bring some stamina items.
---
GT: iAmTheTot
http://dd360chat.chatango.com/ (UPDATED URL!!) - Live Xbox 360 Dragon's Dogma chat. Q&A, Urpdates, Game Tips, Trades, General Chat
#3IlluminaZer0Posted 7/24/2012 10:05:26 AM
It's one of the easiest ways to kill Ur-Dragon offline.

Not only is Ur-Dragon weak to charged holy wand shots, the holy wand shots penetrate the Ur-Dragon's body and hit multiple body parts.

It's very easy for a Sorcerer to kill offline within 3 minutes without item use.
#4BuckShot413Posted 7/24/2012 10:07:40 AM
Hi yes its possible i grined from lev 85 to 200 i just cast bolide the whole time... by stading at the head or the tail you get the best range of coverage for the meteor spell to hit the ur dragon
---
XBL GamerTag: jaago Games: (XBOX 360):ME3, Dragons Dogma, Dead Island, Red dead Redemption, Saint Row the 3rd...psn x_buckshot_x, DC Universe online, LBP
#5DoctorWenus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2012 10:08:11 AM
Holy wand?

what is that?
---
#6motorollaPosted 7/24/2012 10:10:01 AM
I killed it in one round with my level 52 sorcerer.
---
Don't believe the hype...
#7Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 7/24/2012 10:10:03 AM
DoctorWenus posted...
Holy wand?

what is that?

Talarian White is permanently holy-enchanted. Otherwise, you can cast Holy Affinity on yourself. Ur-Dragon is weak to holy, and you can hold X to charge up an attack that is called something like Focus Bolt I think. It goes through Ur and does very considerable damage (again, if you have holy on).
---
GT: iAmTheTot
http://dd360chat.chatango.com/ (UPDATED URL!!) - Live Xbox 360 Dragon's Dogma chat. Q&A, Urpdates, Game Tips, Trades, General Chat
#8SvennEthirPosted 7/24/2012 10:11:37 AM
I was just trying this last night. How do you stunlock the Ur Dragon?

Also, how well does Seism work on him? According to the wiki it's actually holy element, so it should do quite a bit of damage, right?
---
Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ilyena, Warrior/Fighter - 360 Gamertag: SvennEthir666
Tabletop Geeks - http://tabletopgeeks.com/
#9DoctorWenus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2012 10:11:59 AM
I did not know that.

So I can take him on solo or should I bring Becky with me?
---
#10IlluminaZer0Posted 7/24/2012 10:16:54 AM(edited)
You will always want to enchant your staff with holy however, even if you have Talarian White.

The power of the charged staff attack is largely the alternative attack effect itself, the default wand attacks will not "pierce" Ur-Dragon's body and will dissipate after hitting his body. Permanently enchanted staffs do not alter the projectiles, they just modify the default projectiles to have elemental properties.

Oddly enough, Dragon Risen has a higher magick attack attribute than Talarian White. (Talarian White has better weight/stagger/knock-down though.)

I am not sure if the wiki ever fixed this, as it was wrong about the staff damage last time I checked.

DoctorWenus posted...
I did not know that.

So I can take him on solo or should I bring Becky with me?

I grinded Ur-Dragon with a full party because I was being stubborn and am attached to my pawn. You can pretty easily hit an excessive amount of damage with Sorcerer to easily kill it within one round with bloodlust alone.

The pawns are also useful in picking up Ur-Dragon's drops before they disappear.