Am I the only one... (few spoilers)

#1XanderRingePosted 8/11/2012 12:04:15 AM
Who thinks this game's story was a convoluted mess?

Don't get me wrong, it's fun and awesome in every other regard, but the only part of the story that flowed well and made sense was the dragon. He steals your heart, you hunt him down, get your heart back.

Everything else is just, well, it's there pretty much.

No real introduction to anyone or anything. Nothing is ever really explained or detailed for you.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the world, even though it is beautiful and full of opportunities to explore, seems void to me in a way.
---
The fruits of our labors can be the sweetest or the most spoiled we've ever tasted.
XBox gamertag: ColbytheLateOne
#2TheLastKroganPosted 8/11/2012 12:30:12 AM
XanderRinge posted...

Don't get me wrong, it's fun and awesome in every other regard, but the only part of the story that flowed well and made sense was the dragon. He steals your heart, you hunt him down, get your heart back.

No real introduction to anyone or anything. Nothing is ever really explained or detailed for you.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the world, even though it is beautiful and full of opportunities to explore, seems void to me in a way.

This. I completely agree and couldn't have said it better myself.
---
GT: THE LAST KR0GAN
"Krogans don't need cover. Krogans ARE cover!"
#3oReloadPosted 8/11/2012 12:40:08 AM
XanderRinge posted...

It was the worse storyline ever.
It reminds me of Crysis 2 where Crytek simply made that game just to show of their new engine's graphics -_-"
---
Main Pawn: Depizzle
GT: Waleyy
#4SimianWonderPosted 8/11/2012 1:35:09 AM
It isn't "the worst storyline ever." The story is actually pretty good, it's just very poorly paced.
---
Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star. Confucius
#5Art Of DrowningPosted 8/11/2012 1:47:41 AM
SimianWonder posted...
It isn't "the worst storyline ever." The story is actually pretty good, it's just very poorly paced.

And pretty poorly told. The overall lore and background story is interesting, for instance I am very happy with the background story with Quinas, but it is just a shame that in order to find out about it you need to dig, not in the game mind you, you need to dig in the other crap like DD story books and movie clips that Capcom throws out randomly.
---
"I hear the drum rolls thumping
And my heart starts jumping"
#6simonbelmont2Posted 8/11/2012 2:39:17 AM
Yeah the lore is quite interesting, unfortunately the game does a rubbish job of explaining things.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#7AoENIACPosted 8/11/2012 11:41:57 AM(edited)
The storyline is a mess because every quest where you're not hunting down the dragon is just the Duke intentionally wasting your time. He doesn't want you to defeat the dragon, he just wants to glorify the duchy. Remember when he basically tells you "hey, some sorcerer stole my ring, go get it back for me an I'll give you a cape or something" and when you finally hunt down the sorcerer he merely says "wow, hey aren't you supposed to be fighting a dragon? Do you really have nothing better to do than to hunt me down?"

Just because the evil sorcerer was going to use the ring to become some sort of lich doesn't make it important to the main plot, and yet they made it a main plot quest anyway because I guess it's part of the main plot that the Duke is trying to waste your time.

And yes, the LORE is okay, but it ain't necessarily found in the main storyline.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#8xtabascomanxPosted 8/11/2012 12:53:38 PM
There are so many things they could have done better. For instance, consider the supporting characters. In order to find out more, you have to go to dragonsdogma.com. A lot of people don't know that you aren't actually related to anyone in Cassardis since Chief Adaro actually took you in as an orphan.
---
XBL Gamertag - xchumfiestax
#9Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 8/12/2012 1:28:17 AM
TC, out of curiosity, did you actually beat the game, or just Big Red?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://dd360chat.chatango.com/ - Live Xbox 360 Dragon's Dogma Q&A, Urpdates, Game Tips, Trades, Uncensored General Chat