Question from a new player

#1CaptainLukaPosted 11/19/2012 3:20:43 PM
Jumping ship from PS3 to 360 here. My PS3 broke a few months back and I'm gonna start getting into this game again.

What kind of Pawns are needed on the 360 version?
On PS3, when I was still playing, female Mage Pawns were stupidly abundant. Or creepy loli Pawns. Is it generally the same here?
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
#2meralonnePosted 11/19/2012 3:29:00 PM
Yes, there are a stupidly-high number of female pawns in thongs here, too. Maybe not as many lolis, though.

Most pawns tend to go the strider/ranger or sorcerer route here. Not a whole lot of love for fighters/warriors/magi.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#3CaptainLuka(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 3:30:54 PM
Awesome. I wanted to make a male Warrior Pawn. Hopefully he'll be well received!

Thanks!
---
#4KarathraxPosted 11/19/2012 3:31:53 PM
There are a lot less of us on the Xbox side than the PS3, so once you have a goodly number of people on your FL who actvely play, I think it's easier to rent and be rented here than there.

At least, such has been my experience.
#5CaptainLuka(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 3:35:40 PM
I'll likely mop up my friends list - get rid of the Halo and Dark Souls players I no longer talk to.

I'm beyond excited to get back into this game. Unfortunately, my PS3 broke in the middle of my first fight with the Ur Dragon. I'm looking forward to finally wiping the floor with him. It's been a long time coming.
---
#6meralonnePosted 11/19/2012 3:38:45 PM
Karathrax posted...
There are a lot less of us on the Xbox side than the PS3, so once you have a goodly number of people on your FL who actvely play, I think it's easier to rent and be rented here than there.

Good point.

TC, send me a FR if you want to rent mah pawn. (GT: meralonne) She's a level 188 Sorcerer, but at least she's fully clothed. I would normally offer my pawn's services with the "probably too OP for a new player" speech, but you already know what's up so I leave the decision up to you.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#7CaptainLuka(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 3:42:08 PM
meralonne posted...
Karathrax posted...

Good point.

TC, send me a FR if you want to rent mah pawn. (GT: meralonne) She's a level 188 Sorcerer, but at least she's fully clothed. I would normally offer my pawn's services with the "probably too OP for a new player" speech, but you already know what's up so I leave the decision up to you.

I don't think I'll have nearly enough RC to rent your pawn, will I? Doesn't the cost go up exponentially with every level above your own? I could be remembering incorrectly.
---
#8KarathraxPosted 11/19/2012 3:46:41 PM
No, you won't, hahhah, unless on your FL.

Any pawn on your FL is free of rental charges, no matter the level.

GT: Karathrax/Draken (sometimes Ranger, sometimes Sorcerer)
Alt GT: Sekhmeti/Cyrain (sorcerer only)

Both of my GTs are level 200.
#9CaptainLuka(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:11:37 PM(edited)
Ah, I see. I never had any Dragon's Dogma players on my FL when i played on PS3. Thanks for the tip!

I'll add both of you. Expect a friend request from Tyrannikos. EDIT: My game should be here by Friday. :]
---
#10closetblondePosted 11/20/2012 12:20:58 AM
If you'd like another level 200 Ranger add mine (Reimi) if you want.

GT: Closetblonde

Still hunting that elusive thrid online Ur kill :(