Ur-Dragon Generation 135

#61GAMERKSPosted 11/23/2012 7:04:28 PM
Ghost_of_Kirin posted...
Yep, missed it too. But perhaps this proves my theory that the faster it goes down, the faster the Grace period goes by.

Under normal circumstances I would have made the kill within the Amazing Grace period. This gen, I missed it by 17 minutes and it was already over.

Anyhow, thanks to Rohr, NAME and Fred for the heads up on LIVE. Also, this is fast becoming the Ur-Dragon UN committee. ;)

you are right. how faster he dies so shorter the grace-time-window..the hearts have more health too. and always hearts on the head. i hate these hearts.
---
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll
GT Xx GAMER KS xX Pawn Duncan
#62NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 7:16:37 PM
We need to test this theory... ...Ahem! :) ...*cough-fred-cough!* :/
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#63KarathraxPosted 11/23/2012 7:51:22 PM
Roar is correct, I had noticed that pattern. It is why I had given up on using Karathrax to lead off my Ur- taking as he cannot break the hearts in a super hard grace; Sekhmeti can.... Sekhmeti is only 12 base str off from being a fully maxed out assassin. It's the tail and rear hocks I dread in such a grace.

I blew out half a health bar on 136 when I found grace was over. Center front chest.

Highly satisfactory.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Boom-chicka-BOW-WOW
#64Ghost_of_KirinPosted 11/23/2012 8:26:09 PM
GAMERKS posted...
Ghost_of_Kirin posted...
Yep, missed it too. But perhaps this proves my theory that the faster it goes down, the faster the Grace period goes by.

Under normal circumstances I would have made the kill within the Amazing Grace period. This gen, I missed it by 17 minutes and it was already over.

Anyhow, thanks to Rohr, NAME and Fred for the heads up on LIVE. Also, this is fast becoming the Ur-Dragon UN committee. ;)

you are right. how faster he dies so shorter the grace-time-window..the hearts have more health too. and always hearts on the head. i hate these hearts.

This may also prove my other theory that the notion of using Maker's Fingers was misinterpreted in the translation.

The use of Maker's Finger, in my mind, doesn't affect the Ur-Dragon outside of Grace -- since ideally, one would presume it to come back stronger and with more health with each generation anyway (Status Quo) -- it only affects the Grace period: the length of the window of opportunity, and consequently its defense or health capacity of each individual heart, during Grace.

The detriment of using the Maker's Finger diminishes the window of opportunity in Grace. This together with its heightened defense makes the Ur-Dragon harder to defeat.

I believe that the above is something that the director tried to convey (not word for word obviously since Twitter on lets you tweet 4 words) when he said it would make it harder, stronger and more difficult to defeat.
---
"I often think that the best way to liberate Iran is just to drop Nintendo consoles from the air." ~ Salman Rushdie