Ur-Dragon Generation 137

#1NAMEPosted 11/25/2012 12:33:05 AM
November 24, 2320. It's been 318 years since the Everlasting Ur-Dragon, code name: Generation 136, first came into being, having finally evolved from its former state of undead mortality between the tunnels of reality. When it first arrived, a multi-instance, cross-dimensional clan of dragon slayers, known as Hunters of the Ur, began their battle to kill the last generation of the Ur-Dragon, Generation 136. They fought hard, using arrows of divine tentacles, groups of ancient pawns, fireworks of holy balls and lasers, weapons of great power, destructive high sorcery, and even the Elements, raining fiery meteorites that set the Everfall Chamber ablaze. 3.7, 2.4, and 1.5... These were the life forces, the health approximations, the instances of the great undead beast...a sign of the epic battle that the arisens and pawns wrought, dwindling the massive life forces of the three malevolent sides of the Ur-Dragon's multi-dimensional existence. They thought the end of the battle was nigh! The formidable hunters called out these numbers as they repeatedly rushed their lairs, repelling and wounding their arch-enemies! ...Then they began to notice...

The multi-instance draconic terrors would not die! They fought for hours, then days! Some among the ranks began to die off from exhaustion, some were corrupted beyond death, and erased from history eternal...some even quit life, committing suicide out of rage!

Sadly, it was no good, and eventually, they perished...their sacred, inter-dimensional tablet -- the world's only record of the great ancient clan...now frozen with the etched names of the dead members upon it, doomed to fade away. Their ancestors struggled to survive, passing down the battle, some even battling living, weaker versions of the species...those brave slayers of the once defeatable dragons gave it their all...and eventually their lives... Only the most hardened of the descendents continued on, fighting their whole lives...away, but they continued none the less... Centuries past...until tonight, when something miraculous happened -- something changed!
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#2ReiderAsmadiPosted 11/25/2012 12:36:22 AM
This doesn't look like the normal post at all.

Do I need to smack you for going against the exact same topic every time?
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#3NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:36:41 AM
The first worthy, formidable descendent of the dragon slayers, in almost a century, entered the great havoc's lair with an unbreakable determination, and lo! ...For what did she see? Off in the distance, appeared the massive dragon...! ...But as she readied her great long bow, and equipped her holy daggers -- which had been taken, many years ago, from the clan's sacred tablet room in the Chamber of Lament, the haunted battlefield of her slain ancestors -- she did see a ratty silhouette, hovering above the chamber that claimed many a life and heart -- glowing red! As she stared at the oncoming spectacle, she felt her ancestors cry out a word -- the sacred word of the ancient clan of hunters -- rising within her chest, as her dark imminent killer sped through the glowing, swirling, ruddy sky towards her, a point of flapping darkness in the sights of her sacred arrow! Suddenly, she was possessed with rage, the vengeful voices of tens of thousands of her ancestors, and screamed their ancient will! "GRACE!!"

With the sound of her clan echoing through time, and the inter-dimensional rift, she let loose the glowing arrow at the fiend's heart, striking through it beams of light that brought the ancient Ur down, the blasting light shining out of its eyes, coursing through its glowing trophies of former arisen, blowing out its heart in a steam of purple, a scream of glowing holy energy, a flash of triumphant light! With instincts instilled within her since birth, she ran at the falling dragon, and with her glowing divine blades slashed deep scratches into the very hearts of her clan of ancient hunters, crawling, stabbing, and releasing the crimson heirlooms, through splashes of purple blood...until there were no more -- the nightmarish destroyer, no more!

Still in a blessed trance of violent justice, she was almost blinded! ...For off in the distance, a gleaming burst came from the room holding the ancient tablet. She covered her eyes until the otherworldy darkness returned, a glowing beacon now in the distance... She followed...entering the old chamber... And, among shining rows of heavenly loot, she walked to the tablet of the hunters fallen, felt its newly familiar warmth...and saw her name among those of her ancient clan members, restored!
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#4NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:39:36 AM
Cheers to everyone that made it through the last, UNBEARABLE gen, congratulations to everyone that logged a kill, time to the rest.

Tips for killing:
- For maximum damage output, you may want to consider making a second character that is pure strength or magic
- Purple blood = damage; brown blood = no damage, hit him somewhere else - he has 30 hearts that need to be killed
- Use Holy Element whenever possible (Ascalon/Heavens Keys/Talarian White/Holy Affinity)
- Use Bloodlust and Autonomy (this means go at night, and without pawns!)
- Use any strength or magic boosting augments, including Exhilaration/Equanimity
- Use blast arrows if you have a bow
- Assassins can use invisibility + liquid vim to remain invincible
- Assassins should use Gale Harness with either Hundred Kisses or Fivefold Flurry
- Rangers should use Tenfold Flurry with as many blast arrows as they can
- Sorcerers should use Holy Affinity and the focused X attack
- For more/other class strategies, visit the links below
- Newbies might consider offline first (he's easier). You can farm offline for Ascalons/Heavens Keys/Volant Whites.
- There currently no confirmation on his sporadic HP bars rising and dropping. However, it is confirmed that he DOES NOT HEAL.
- Do not fret about his HP bar not moving or being higher than when you last went in. Just keep hitting it.
- Backup your savefile often - particularly after killing an online Ur-Dragon!

xMrxFredx posted...
Also try to leave a heart on one of the back legs or the guts til last b/c they hold the most hp (about 1/2 a bar each) and when it gets down to its last bar it makes it quicker and easier to kill by shooting it with a finger

Don't use too many Maker's Fingers. Too many and the next gen will have DEF up and HP up.

Additional strategies can be found here, as well as some other useful information:
- http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ur-Dragon#Tactics
- http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/

So people can get better HP Urpdates and know how much damage they're doing:
The end of his blips is exactly 50% of his bar (or 0.5 of a bar). The beginning of one blip to the beginning of the next blip ~= 5% of his bar (or 0.05 of a bar). (EXAMPLE: From the bottom is his HP bar to the beginning of the SECOND blip is 5%)

- Please use the above in reporting a more accurate HP total for everyone. :)
- Report HP by how much he has on entrance, not by how much damage you did, or how much he had when he left.

Cheers to denningtonsp for this idea.

If you carry the Godsbane with you, save your game just before entering Lament. Fight Ur, wait till he leaves. Wait for accessing server message, do not leave Lament. Use Godsbane, load game, bam infinite liquid vims.

This needs to be amended. It has come to my attention that the save after you leave Lament is tied to how well you are rewarded if you do not claim a grace kill. Therefore, by bypassing this save, you are seriously damaging your pity reward (that is, the reward you get if you entirely missed grace). If you count on these rewards often, it may be a better notion to ignore this tactic until he is much closer to grace. This tactic may best be utilized overall by people when Ur is lower than, say, 4 bars.

If you do not care about the pity reward, however, then by all means you may still employ this tactic exclusively. Otherwise, use it entirely at your discretion.

---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#5NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:40:28 AM
Borrowing from the PS3 Gen thread.

PierceLee posted...
Re-posting my FAQ:

When you enter the Chamber of Lament, from Everfall or from Cassardi beach portal, you will see an "accessing server" message, during which a copy of the online Ur dragon will be downloaded. Kill the 3 enemy pawns to summon the Ur dragon into the arena. The Ur dragon will come with hp (and weak spots status) representative of his global health, but at any time players may be greeted with Ur dragon of varying hp. Do not be alarmed if you see an Ur dragon with hp different from what others are reporting - he is not healing himself. Look at the mean for its general health rather than individual hp values.

You will then battle him for 8 minutes on your PS3/Xbox, after which he will fly away and you will see another "accessing server" message, during which the damages you did will be uploaded to the server for consolidation into the global health.

Over time, as players contribute their effort towards the common goal, the Ur dragon's global health will decline. Eventually, when the Ur dragon is killed by anyone, we go into grace period (GP). If you enter the Chamber of Lament during grace period, you will have a chance to land your own killing blow to gain good rewards (loots, and he will dragon forge every item you equipped).

During grace period, his health will start with around 0.3 bars and will decrease over time. So you may happen to summon a 0.3, 0.2, 0.1 bars or even one with hardly any hp left. You have to fight him as usual - this is a real fight, not one that you can destroy each red spot with a hit or two. We usually call this the 'hard' grace period.

As time passes, eventually we get into a stage where he will be summoned with barely a sliver of hp and all red spots lit up. Each red spot is easily destroyed, so go destroy them all and get your rewards. We usually call this the 'easy' or 'soft' grace period.

The total grace period is 30-60 minutes, so timing is critical. You do not want to be spending so much time fighting a 'hard' grace period Ur dragon such that, should you be unable to kill it, you also miss the 'easy' grace period by then. If you are not confident in tackling the 'hard' dragon, exit the arena, go back to the inn and rest, then enter again to catch it with a lower hp or catch the 'easy' grace period. You can also use ferrystone to get to the inn quickly or even use Godsbane to just reload from last save.

Disclaimer: A lot of the above are speculation from observation. There is no confirmation from Capcom.

The following is a link to the above posts, ready for you to copy/paste into a new topic, should the Ur-Dragon go down and regular posters are not available. Clearly this is not a requirement, but I'm offering it for those who want to continue the tradition.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=gAkdjDzz
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#6builder111Posted 11/25/2012 1:01:22 AM
You left out the part about his mighty leg of great HP...
#7NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:06:53 AM
ReiderAsmadi posted...

You better be kidding, because BRING IT!
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#8ReiderAsmadiPosted 11/25/2012 1:11:04 AM
NAME posted...
ReiderAsmadi posted...

You better be kidding, because BRING IT!

http://i.imgur.com/VL7Oh.jpg

Done.
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#9XanderRingePosted 11/25/2012 1:12:09 AM
Yay! Kill number three!

Nice read, NAME. I really enjoyed it. :-)
---
My signature has become self-conscience, so it is hiding now.
XBox gamertag: ColbytheLateOne; Alt: TheLateColby
#10robert43sPosted 11/25/2012 1:16:26 AM
I can't believe I missed the last one. I hate it when it drags on. Also lousy pity reward. Congrats to Karathrax for getting the online kill though. I think I missed it by probably 10 minutes, was the last only a thirty minutes grace period again ?