Ur-Dragon Generation 137

#41KarathraxPosted 11/25/2012 4:43:50 PM
ShinzouMorimoto posted...
That was not a normal grace at all.....one, I failed to get the kill and two there was a weird bug (?) involving the pawns.

I can kill it on hard grace, even at level 150 (I am now at 191). I was not able to kill it, at all, nor was there an easy grace this round.

Then, I kept getting the "Aid" message when killing the pawns. Happened all 5 times I went in, with one of the pawns showing the aid message.

It was not normal for me.

Odd, that suggests something else might have been going on in your game file, maybe? I have never seen or heard of that happening before, and I've been doing the Ur hunt thing since the late 50s gens and read all the relevant topics once I found GF last August. I dunno, really.

The build for Karathrax isn't at all optimized. I got the kill at the very start of a third grace round, which is normal seeing as how I wadn't already at least eight minutes into it when I began as I have been in the practice of slamming into these hard graces with Sekhmeti and following with an easier kill for Karathrax.

I think the key is two-fold. Right after the death blow one can summon a dragon with three different slivers of health. The 0.03 shows up immediately when the dragons synch on the death blow then an unknown time passes and the 0.02 generates, then the 0.01, almost invisible and easiest to nail as a one-hit per heart wonder. I went off to the other room after the death blow and carefully washed my hands, hoping to avoid the first grace version with Karathrax.

I don't know how those three segments are timed relative to the length of different graces. Also, I think I've been through about 28 graces and since I tend to hyperventilate through all of them and concentrate on MURDER DEATH KILL, hahah, someone with even more experience might have noticed more details.

I love these geeky discussions. :D

Guys?
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Boom-chicka-BOW-WOW
#42XanderRingePosted 11/25/2012 5:18:57 PM
I can vouch for there being an easy grace this round. I wasn't able to get a kill until then. :D

It did seem to have a middle stage, as after almost half an hour or so, he was reacting to my attacks, but neither of his hearts were dying out.

The final, easy grace didn't pop up until almost three o'clock for me. Very close to three.

Hey, NAME, think you could do one of those short stories each gen? I really enjoyed it.
---
My signature has become self-conscience, so it is hiding now.
XBox gamertag: ColbytheLateOne; Alt: TheLateColby
#43NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 6:04:17 PM
XanderRinge posted...
I can vouch for there being an easy grace this round. I wasn't able to get a kill until then. :D

It did seem to have a middle stage, as after almost half an hour or so, he was reacting to my attacks, but neither of his hearts were dying out.

The final, easy grace didn't pop up until almost three o'clock for me. Very close to three.

Hey, NAME, think you could do one of those short stories each gen? I really enjoyed it.

I wrote it out of anger (soft anger) and frustration (hard!), because I wanted everyone who went through THE WORST GEN EVER to have something to laugh about during the gen, or right after grace, when the new topic came out. I was only going to write one line about it being years (and years) later before the "preamble" (which I kinda hate, because it takes itself WAAAAY too seriously, so I can't resist making fun of it somehow/sometimes, like during the Thanksgiving gen -- find the fun fact!), but then I decided to try to get all my frustration out (and pass time, because I feared that thread of chaos and suspense, with its little updates where nothing happens, and semi-toxic rage...basically the same reasons I can't watch The World Cup...among others), and I ended up just writing till I was sick of myself (common self-destructive writer "exercise!) I will update the time period, but it wasn't that long a period of writing it (seemed like 1 hour, probably was 30 minutes)...and when I finished, and went back to Ur-Dragon Purgatory, I decided to just go for it, and began checking it for grammar (as my original intention with the short story, was to have it up before grace, so that people could laugh at the absurdity, maybe even feel in better spirits, but I saw the end approaching, and I didn't have time to do the original plan, and...well...some of you saw my, very natural, insecure writing phase kick in, where you think everything sucks -- so you can salvage the best parts, get the structure right, and make it perfect for what it is...only I didn't get to polish it enough before grace, and barely managed to get it posted (in two separated parts, due to a post gap from, "apparently," Chris Brown -- easy Chris Brown...!) Unfortunately, I don't think the right people got to read it, and it wasn't as funny as it being posted during the 12 hours ordeal (for me, anyway!), but unless something like that happens again...sorry...*vomits*...ohh...ugh...ahem...I won't write any kind of fiction for this board (besides an easy fanfic on some other thread...like on the Halo 4 boards), so in the meantime, why doesn't -- doesn't everyone want to see Karathrax, an actual genuine author, right here, in this very thread, write the next one....?? :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#44ShinzouMorimotoPosted 11/25/2012 6:13:25 PM
XanderRinge posted...

Maybe for you, but definitely not for me. I may not be Fred, but I have 13 kills and have participated in at least 20.

That was the first time I have ver seen the "Aid" message appearing for the pawns, and the first time I could not seal the deal. There was no easy, there was no hard, there was only "impossible". :-p :-(
#45GAMERKSPosted 11/25/2012 6:34:28 PM
health is 9.6.
why drop his health so slow? he was 4 hours ago 9.6. are the cheaters and japanese gamer gone?
last grace was definitiv harder at all. i killed ur always with multipled accounts (150+kills) and have experience with differrent vocations. he was not impossible but much harder to kill.
---
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll
GT Xx GAMER KS xX Pawn Duncan
#46NAME(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 7:36:36 PM
GAMERKS posted...
health is 9.6.
why drop his health so slow? he was 4 hours ago 9.6. are the cheaters and japanese gamer gone?
last grace was definitiv harder at all. i killed ur always with multipled accounts (150+kills) and have experience with differrent vocations. he was not impossible but much harder to kill.

Wait for it... .Wait... ...Wait, didn't you say they were going to leave soon to go to the ps3 servers (which sucks, because that's where I was going in a few days, just to see the differences...)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#47DamienTheEvil1Posted 11/25/2012 7:39:55 PM
---
Gamertags - Damien DaEvil 1, Legacy of Havoc & Extreme Havoc
#48builder111Posted 11/25/2012 7:56:51 PM
I wouldn't call the last gen's grace normal, it shouldn't take 2 rounds of constant wailing on his front paw to take him down. Then again there's really nothing normal about the Ur dragon to begin with.
#49KarathraxPosted 11/25/2012 8:08:31 PM
NAME posted...
GAMERKS posted...
health is 9.6.

Wait for it... .Wait... ...Wait, didn't you say they were going to leave soon to go to the ps3 servers (which sucks, because that's where I was going in a few days, just to see the differences...)

There isn't much.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Boom-chicka-BOW-WOW
#50XanderRingePosted 11/25/2012 8:15:01 PM
Random question...

Has anybody here taken my pawn to fight the Ur Dragon in the past?
---
My signature has become self-conscience, so it is hiding now.
XBox gamertag: ColbytheLateOne; Alt: TheLateColby