Ur-Dragon Generation 137

#71robert43sPosted 11/26/2012 8:00:20 AM
Yep, back to normality (whatever that is). I can still do 0.02 damage (might see what happens when I am near death, then I can do 7590 damage, killed the offline in 1 minute like that).
#72robert43sPosted 11/26/2012 8:21:45 AM
GAMERKS posted...
they messed up ur. i missed the fast graces. 1 kill per day was great. but now, it's like old days. 5 days until death.
i messaged uran what's going on, but for now no reply.
maybe capcom did something again this fast kills.

I did not mind it dying fast. I just minded that it was dying at times to suit some players only, causing others to miss the kill due to work etc... I seriously believe capcom screwed up the online dragon. I would limit its health, make it immune to makers, and reduce the maximum health so it dies between 6-18 hours. It would also be nice for sorcerers to at least be able to damage the thing (0.3-0.5 bars of damage would be ok).
#73builder111Posted 11/26/2012 10:05:58 AM
phew dodged a bullet today. got a weird issue with my tv, had all these vertical lines running down the screen ruining my beautiful picture and threatening my UR dragon kills!

took the beast apart and luckily it was just a cable inside that needed a little finagling, at worst i'll have to spend $30 on a new one.

really scared me because my last set crapped the bucket and was a nightmare to deal with repairs, etc. and i was like oh no not again!

NOW ONTO UR DRAGON TALK:

So I was thinking is there some guy sitting around a Capcom server somewhere keeping tabs on the dragon? I wonder if they can make changes or affect the dragon in any way.
#74CasylePosted 11/26/2012 10:06:20 AM
Last night my wittle braiwn was tryin' to, um, make... mental pictures! Yeah! I'm sure someone has already thought of this, buuttt, could they be using Maker's Fingers to bypass the damage cap? If I recall the Maker's Finger causes the game to save AND the Ur-Dragon to access the server, so...

Say you went absolutely nuts on Ur for 7 minutes and easily passed the damage cap, if you used a Maker's Finger then could that be be saving all of the damage you did, even if it was well above the DC?
---
I will always love you Patricia Kathleen Ramsey, I miss you beyond belief and words and I'll never forget you...
#75KarathraxPosted 11/26/2012 10:40:42 AM
Ghost_of_Kirin posted...

For the 0.02 one, and I say this very carefully, had you killed it in that round, we would have had Grace on the following rounds. =)

Oh, I know, and I did my level best. My normally-torpored cats actually opened a disdainful eye when that one got away, trust me... :D
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Boom-chicka-BOW-WOW
#76DamienTheEvil1Posted 11/26/2012 11:22:47 AM
Ghost_of_Kirin posted...
I think you got the easy one-hit Grace kill with Karathrax that time because the Grace time was just about to run out. A close call, requiring a lot of luck and great timing, but it's happened to me a few times too when I've just gotten the message of a Grace, while others have proclaimed how hard that particular gen's grace was.

I believe every generation in grace gives the player a chance to kill it. It just depends on the time when you catch it that determines whether its Hard, Normal or Easy Grace. Since there hasn't been a reporting of one person dealing the damage to an easy grace and another player landing after them claiming that its hard grace. It's all just a timeline and not a randomness of health servers, if that makes sense.

For the 0.02 one, and I say this very carefully, had you killed it in that round, we would have had Grace on the following rounds. =)

I've seen such a pattern quite a lot, as I've once failed to kill a 0.02 Ur-Dragon as well, disappointing Rei as he was rooting for me to kill it, but the rounds following were exactly the same as last gen's.

I remember that gen 73, I was at work when I saw your post, finished the job and headed home thinking I had missed it. As I was just getting ready to sign in with Damien I decided to check the boards and see Fred's post. Immediately jump on with Extreme for one last attempt at grace and ended up getting my first kill.
---
Gamertags - Damien DaEvil 1, Legacy of Havoc & Extreme Havoc
#77robert43sPosted 11/26/2012 12:14:16 PM
Just got an 8.2. Unless a miracle occurs, this look like it going to last another 4-5 days.
#78Austin119Posted 11/26/2012 12:38:16 PM
You know, maybe all the hackers actually modded their saves and someone seen what was going on and how much damage they were doing or something and put an end to it. Just a thought
---
GT: TylorTheTerrabl Pawn : Lola LVL 200 Sorcerer
GT: TheDarkArisen Pawn: Lilly LVL 200 Ranger
#79Ghost_of_KirinPosted 11/26/2012 1:23:20 PM(edited)
Austin119 posted...
You know, maybe all the hackers actually modded their saves and someone seen what was going on and how much damage they were doing or something and put an end to it. Just a thought

Nope, that's very unlikely, and I say that with no disrespect. The system isn't that swift at all. Not from Microsoft's LIVE service or that from Capcom's end, if history is anything to go by.

This is actually Fred's doing. He single handedly stopped the Japanese hackers right at the time that they were beginning to get tired of competing against him.

He sent them a message on Thanksgiving Day -- crazy, I know, but it's got to be the Tryptophan -- to notify them of a Grace period. This touched their dark souls, and along with the fact that they were already getting burn-out from the game anyway, and realizing that Fred wouldn't easily give up his lead, they dropped out.

That is the more likely scenario than Microsoft or Capcom taking the appropriate actions. =)

EDIT: Let the record show that I'm not blaming Fred or anything of that nature. My message was posted with a hint of a joke and sarcasm. =)
---
"I often think that the best way to liberate Iran is just to drop Nintendo consoles from the air." ~ Salman Rushdie
#80Ghost_of_KirinPosted 11/26/2012 12:56:38 PM
Karathrax posted...
Ghost_of_Kirin posted...

Oh, I know, and I did my level best. My normally-torpored cats actually opened a disdainful eye when that one got away, trust me... :D

Haha! The only thing my cats notice or take note of are the loading screen's fiery effect and the accessing server cursor spinning.

Also, while we're on the subject of animals, I swear that the Grimgooblin leader, with the Dire Wolf head attire, bellows out, who let the dogs out! It's the funniest thing, but I just never got around to bringing it up. =D
---
"I often think that the best way to liberate Iran is just to drop Nintendo consoles from the air." ~ Salman Rushdie