Cheers to everyone that contributed last gen, congratulations to everyone that logged a kill, better luck next time to the rest.
Tips for killing:
- For maximum damage output, you may want to consider making a second character that is pure strength or magic
- Purple blood = damage; brown blood = no damage, hit him somewhere else - he has 30 hearts that need to be killed
- Use Holy Element whenever possible (Ascalon/Heavens Keys/Talarian White/Holy Affinity)
- Use Bloodlust and Autonomy (this means go at night, and without pawns!)
- Use any strength or magic boosting augments, including Exhilaration/Equanimity
- Use blast arrows if you have a bow
- Assassins can use invisibility + liquid vim to remain invincible
- Assassins should use Gale Harness with either Hundred Kisses or Fivefold Flurry
- Rangers should use Tenfold Flurry with as many blast arrows as they can
- Sorcerers should use Holy Affinity and the focused X attack
- For more/other class strategies, visit the links below
- Newbies might consider offline first (he's easier). You can farm offline for Ascalons/Heavens Keys/Volant Whites.
- There currently no confirmation on his sporadic HP bars rising and dropping. However, it is confirmed that he DOES NOT HEAL.
- Do not fret about his HP bar not moving or being higher than when you last went in. Just keep hitting it.
- Backup your savefile often - particularly after killing an online Ur-Dragon!
Also try to leave a heart on one of the back legs or the guts til last b/c they hold the most hp (about 1/2 a bar each) and when it gets down to its last bar it makes it quicker and easier to kill by shooting it with a finger
Don't use too many Maker's Fingers. Too many and the next gen will have DEF up and HP up.
Additional strategies can be found here, as well as some other useful information:
So people can get better HP Urpdates and know how much damage they're doing:
- Please use the above in reporting a more accurate HP total for everyone. :)
- Report HP by how much he has on entrance, not by how much damage you did, or how much he had when he left.
Cheers to denningtonsp for this idea.
Borrowing from the PS3 Gen thread.
Re-posting my FAQ:
The following is a link to the above posts, ready for you to copy/paste into a new topic, should the Ur-Dragon go down and regular posters are not available. Clearly this is not a requirement, but I'm offering it for those who want to continue the tradition.
Wow. Really, guys?
I give up trying to keep up with you all. Lol
Congratulations to everyone who got a kill. Hopefully the next one will be either quicker or slower to fall into my window of opportunity.
My signature has become self-conscience, so it is hiding now.
XBox gamertag: ColbytheLateOne; Alt: TheLateColby
I miss fighting Ur...
XBL Gamertag- BKB Black Steel
Most amazing home business opportunity ever! Technology and Telecommunications are our specialty. Contact me for info.
health is 2.5. the cheaters are back. they are no makers user. many red hearts glowing like a christmas tree.
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll
GT Xx GAMER KS xX Pawn Duncan
thanks for the update i was fixing to get on and check
I had a 2.15. Did no damage to it.
last heart was tail :(
Grace confirmed my little chickadees!
I will always love you Patricia Kathleen Ramsey, I miss you beyond belief and words and I'll never forget you...