My Pawn stands back and watches me a fight Drake....doesn't help at all!

#1NolaxPosted 12/3/2012 10:11:19 AM
So before this fight began i equipped my pawn (sorcerer) with only ice spells and the ice weapon buff, through the whole fight she used two spells, fight lasted forever too.

Is there a way to make my pawn more helpful during battle?
Would love it if she actually fought.
---
L button on my keyboard doesn't work very well.
#2builder111Posted 12/3/2012 10:16:30 AM
what's your pawns inclinations?

there are also pawn controls, sort of, by using the dpad
#3meralonnePosted 12/3/2012 10:38:07 AM
I smell another "Guardian". Here's what you do to fix that:

-- Head over to the Encampment. Standing next to the Riftstone is a Pawn merchant named Johnathon
-- Johnathon sells several potions that set inclinations and a potion that clears all inclinations. Purchase at least 2-3 "clearing" potions.
-- Also, purchase potions to set new inclinations that suit your tastes. If you want an aggressive Pawn, I'd suggest Scather or Challenger. Mitigator if you want him to go after small fry first. Buy several of those and a couple more for your secondary... I'm partial to Utilitarian, myself (that just tells a pawn to make himself useful instead of standing around).
-- Once you've purchased the potions, use the "clear" potion first. Then, use the potion for "secondary" inclination. Finally, use all the potions you want for your primary.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#4Nolax(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:54:33 AM
Dont see no potions that clears all inclinations, only the ones that cost 250rc, maybe i have to get further in game for them to appear?
---
#5meralonnePosted 12/3/2012 10:56:30 AM
Possibly. What are your pawn's inclinations right now, by the way?
---
#6Nolax(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:19:27 AM
Guardian and Scather.........two?
---
#7KarathraxPosted 12/3/2012 11:26:01 AM
Yes, the problem is Guardian. That's what they do.

Go back to the Encampment and buy five Utilitarian. Buy three Challenger (I'm assuming she's a sorcerer, right? If she's a Mage, different instructions).

Drink four Utilitarian, then one Challenger. Check your pawn's profile and ensure the Challenger is in the secondary position. If it's not, drink one more Utilitarian, and you're good. Store the rest for fine tuning.

For a fighting mage, I find that Utilitarian/Medicant is best. Substitute Medicant for Challenger in the above instructions, and there you go.

Repeat if Guardian shows up again-- but if you use the left D-pad instruction for requesting assists and avoid the right, you won't.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#8builder111Posted 12/3/2012 11:27:28 AM
here check this out it tells you exactly how the elixirs work

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Pawn_Inclination

Guardian should be stripped from the game!
#9meralonnePosted 12/3/2012 11:28:39 AM
Yep. As expected. Scather is fine, but Guardian, your primary, makes your Pawn stand around basically doing nothing unless an enemy is right in your face. You may have to wait to buy that potion that clears inclinations.

In the meantime, here's two pieces of advice for you:
1. Spam the "Go!" command whenever an enemy is nearby.
2. Never use the "Come!" command. It turns your Pawn into a guardian.
---
#10KarathraxPosted 12/3/2012 11:43:49 AM
meralonne posted...
Yep. As expected. Scather is fine, but Guardian, your primary, makes your Pawn stand around basically doing nothing unless an enemy is right in your face. You may have to wait to buy that potion that clears inclinations.

In the meantime, here's two pieces of advice for you:
1. Spam the "Go!" command whenever an enemy is nearby.
2. Never use the "Come!" command. It turns your Pawn into a guardian.

Not quite, it's the right D-pad that's the offender. Right D-pad specifically requests FIX ME/HELP, while Left D-pad specifically requests BUFF ME/HELP.

I use "COME" often, doesn't affect my pawns' inclinations at all. :D
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti