My Pawn stands back and watches me a fight Drake....doesn't help at all!

#31KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 10:22:42 AM
meralonne posted...
iphan4tic posted...
Thanks. To be totally honest, I had no knowledge of the rift store and all of this until I visited this board, and I'd NG+ 3 times! What a n00b :)

If it's any consolation, Johnny-boy doesn't show up until you really have no further use for the Riftstone in the Encampment. The Encampment itself serves no purpose beyond the initial MQ setup except for the Notice Board, which is positioned nowhere near the Riftstone.

Au contraire, the innkeeper can reset your skills if you're prepared to bolt back and forth from Starfall Bay's rift stone-- but I set a portcrystal right outside the gate and one right outside Cassardis' gate to shave a little time off that trip.

I suppose it's just as easy to do it in Gran Soren, but postgame, Asalam is inconveniently located relative to the apothecary and Fournival (if you don't accept A Warm Welcome right away you can reliably interrupt his breakfast with his tiresome daughter) so if you're really pressed for time in Grace, the Encampment is quicker for skill resets.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#32Pure InvasionPosted 12/5/2012 10:32:20 AM
meralonne posted...
Pure Invasion posted...
might change her to a sorceress eventually (as the vocation is already maxed out for her), but as of now I still enjoy the healing

Once you go Sorcerer, you never go back. You've been warned... ;)

when i was taking on the Everfall, I did have her set to sorc.

Running around pre-Everfall though (starting NG+), its much easier to stick with her as a Mage with another sorc and a ranger backing her up (me as an assassin currently)

I'm assuming most people here roll with 2 sorc's in their party and a Ranger (or even 3 sorc's?)

What is the ideal pawn party configuration for optimizing efficiency in the Everfall?
---
360 Gamertag: Pure1nvasion
#33meralonnePosted 12/5/2012 10:34:09 AM
Karathrax posted...
Au contraire, the innkeeper can reset your skills if you're prepared to bolt back and forth from Starfall Bay's rift stone-- but I set a portcrystal right outside the gate and one right outside Cassardis' gate to shave a little time off that trip.

Sure, he can reset your skills. But I see no need to use him when Asalam is so much more convenient IMO, since he sits (postgame) literally 10 seconds from the Portcrystal.

I could possibly see some value in the Encampment guy if you're farming Ur via the special Cassardis riftstone and need a quick skillswap. But I'd guess that the majority of players aren't as dedicated to online Ur-slaying as you. ;)

I just don't get much use out of Fournival in post-game since I have Ferrystones coming out of my ears and almost never use MFs.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#34KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 10:44:23 AM
meralonne posted...
Karathrax posted...

Sure, he can reset your skills. But I see no need to use him when Asalam is so much more convenient IMO, since he sits (postgame) literally 10 seconds from the Portcrystal.

I could possibly see some value in the Encampment guy if you're farming Ur via the special Cassardis riftstone and need a quick skillswap. But I'd guess that the majority of players aren't as dedicated to online Ur-slaying as you. ;)

I just don't get much use out of Fournival in post-game since I have Ferrystones coming out of my ears and almost never use MFs.

It comes and goes depending on the state of my right wrist. Uhhhh... stop, you!

Dedication is in the eyes of the beholder-- though it's true I would probably have significantly more kills than 17and 7 if I weren't office-bound during the week. >:D My first one was Gen 58, and that sucked me right into the Hunt.
---
#35KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 10:48:33 AM
Pure Invasion posted...
What is the ideal pawn party configuration for optimizing efficiency in the Everfall?

Depends on your vocation and playstyle, truthfully. I typically roll with a ranger and two sorcerers, three sorcerers or a sorcerer and two rangers. It has been a VERY long time since I've hired any other vocation other than because of a specific request from a player.
---
#36meralonnePosted 12/5/2012 10:51:46 AM
Karathrax posted...

no u!!! lol
It's not my fault you have a switch-hitting Pawn. =P
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#37KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 11:02:23 AM
meralonne posted...
Karathrax posted...

no u!!! lol
It's not my fault you have a switch-hitting Pawn. =P

Stoppppp or I will be tempted to bludgeo-- er, serenade Gorgoron with Draken's poetry again...
---
#38tigerkiddPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:48 AM
Didn't know that the stamina drain is causing it too.

I do get bit by hell hounds quite a bit. I catch a stray flame in the side, fall down, and they take turns passing me around the battlefield. I can't blame my pawn for developing Guardian, except that another enemy has to smack me out of the hellhound's mouth.

The more I read, the more I want to play. But I'm just too afraid to leave Everfall now.
#39Pooh Da StrykerPosted 12/5/2012 2:11:48 PM
I accidentally hit the d-pad(right) and the inclination changed from Medicant(which I prefer) to Scather. I have to run all the way back to the encampment now. >_< I didn't even hit that on purpose. Really wish they'd choose better ways to do this. Its not like they can't change it.
---
GamerTag: BiggLaw4 -Currently playing- Black Ops 2
Popular opinion and fact are not the same thing. Think for yourself.