Ur-Dragon Generation 143

#11GAMERKSPosted 12/4/2012 8:03:40 AM
i got always a disconnect when i start DD. i missed the kill
---
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll
GT Xx GAMER KS xX Pawn Duncan
#12NAMEPosted 12/4/2012 8:13:37 AM
Typical! :( I missed two graces, because I was waiting for the update that isn't even up yet! :/ Although, I "technically" made it in time for this grace, I was naked, a mage, and picked up the wrong staff -- and I had no holy enchantment, because I would have to go to the encampment! :(
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#13KisnwellPosted 12/5/2012 11:15:38 AM
I don't understand this thing:

If you carry the Godsbane with you, save your game just before entering Lament. Fight Ur, wait till he leaves. Wait for accessing server message, do not leave Lament. Use Godsbane, load game, bam infinite liquid vims.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone elaborate just a little on that? I tried experimenting with this but nothing happened. I would have liked to start selling the vims for some cash, I know the amount would have been small compared to wakestone farming in everfall but whatever.

Is this trick still working?
---
Eyes turned to sand...bleh
#14robert43s(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:22:45 PM
Kisnwell posted...

If you carry the Godsbane with you, save your game just before entering Lament. Fight Ur, wait till he leaves. Wait for accessing server message, do not leave Lament. Use Godsbane, load game, bam infinite liquid vims.

Can someone elaborate just a little on that? I tried experimenting with this but nothing happened. I would have liked to start selling the vims for some cash, I know the amount would have been small compared to wakestone farming in everfall but whatever.

Ah, a mis-understanding. When fighting the UR dragon, you can use up a lot of stamina. Liquid vims prevent to stamina from going down. By using godsbane, you effective kill yourself, and thus gets presented with the "you are dead" screen. You press retry, which reloads from your last save (which in the above case is just outside the chamber of lament, though occasionally, will be inside). Since you reloaded, the liquid vims you have used up, are no longer used up, but, and this is the important part, the damage you have inflicted on the dragon (provided the accessing server is displayed), remains. Thus, for a UR dragon hunter, you effectively have infinite liquid vims.
#15KisnwellPosted 12/5/2012 6:44:10 PM
robert43s posted...
Kisnwell posted...

Ah, a mis-understanding. When fighting the UR dragon, you can use up a lot of stamina. Liquid vims prevent to stamina from going down. By using godsbane, you effective kill yourself, and thus gets presented with the "you are dead" screen. You press retry, which reloads from your last save (which in the above case is just outside the chamber of lament, though occasionally, will be inside). Since you reloaded, the liquid vims you have used up, are no longer used up, but, and this is the important part, the damage you have inflicted on the dragon (provided the accessing server is displayed), remains. Thus, for a UR dragon hunter, you effectively have infinite liquid vims.

Oh I see. It's more of an inventory reset than it is an infinite item trick.
---
Eyes turned to sand...bleh