hard mode is hard

#41KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 9:52:36 AM
DamienTheEvil1 posted...
XanderRinge posted...
I am still very looking forward to this. As soon as I max out my current Arisen and pawn on my alt profile, I am going to start a third profile( or restart on my main profile) and play Hard mode completely from scratch.

... Or maybe just Damien so I can compare a pure ranger to a pure strength ranger.

What happened?

I presume the significant difference between the str Ranger and pure Ranger would be the pure Ranger's greater stamina to 'draw' on and lesser str stat. No idea how that would affect gameplay at 200.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#42robert43sPosted 12/5/2012 9:55:50 AM
Karathrax posted...
DamienTheEvil1 posted...
XanderRinge posted...
I am still very looking forward to this. As soon as I max out my current Arisen and pawn on my alt profile, I am going to start a third profile( or restart on my main profile) and play Hard mode completely from scratch.

... Or maybe just Damien so I can compare a pure ranger to a pure strength ranger.

What happened?

I presume the significant difference between the str Ranger and pure Ranger would be the pure Ranger's greater stamina to 'draw' on and lesser str stat. No idea how that would affect gameplay at 200.

Higher stamina would be hugely beneficial for hard mode. So your pawn Draken should be ok. The stamina drain is quite significant.
#43Max58201Posted 12/5/2012 11:04:24 AM
hard mode is evil... in the 20's before all main game enemies were easy. twice in a row i was minding my own business when a griffin decided to do a fly by and just kill everyone before my pawns even had a chance to yell something stupid
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#44DamienTheEvil1Posted 12/5/2012 4:14:10 PM
Zague77 posted...
@Damien.

Kiyori is wandering around my game at the moment in lady's garb with no weapon. I didn't realise her chest was quite so ample! :D

Is that what I ended up throwing on her. I'll just have to change her back in about an hour or so when I get home.

She normally has her ancient cape on so you can't really tell. Actually she had that cape since I first made her in late July or early August. So she's rarely been updated onto the server without that cape.
---
Gamertags - Damien DaEvil 1, Legacy of Havoc, Extreme Havoc & LegacyofBelial
#45robert43sPosted 12/5/2012 4:18:19 PM
Max58201 posted...
hard mode is evil... in the 20's before all main game enemies were easy. twice in a row i was minding my own business when a griffin decided to do a fly by and just kill everyone before my pawns even had a chance to yell something stupid

Well, persons wanted it hard. It those random kill events that will wish you had saved earlier, or had a wakestone :) I wonder what the drake will be like, or the cockatrice.
#46DamienTheEvil1Posted 12/5/2012 4:55:28 PM
Karathrax posted...
DamienTheEvil1 posted...
XanderRinge posted...

What happened?

I missed a level with my assassin and just like Damien, Legacy & Extreme before. I felt I had completely messed up that game and started over. Though in retrospect I'm glad I did, I ran through the game my first play through. Finding everything to easy, last night even with 2 level 200 in my group to keep me from leveling up past 10 before I reached gran soren. I was still getting slaughtered by wolves. Well I can probably assist that to the fact when I ran through hard mode with Damien. I completely forgot to check Yuri's skills, so she had two dagger skills and all her augments and thats about it. I would've changed them but I was on the same mission with both accounts. Though I must say I was having a lot of fun with the main game last night. I figure when I'm done I'll have officially lost 36 or 35 online Ur kills between three accounts. Though I was needing a break from the Ur anyways, I was slowly losing interest in fighting him.

I was wondering what a max assassins stamina is at, I know a pure rangers is almost pushing five thousand. 49 something, I'd have to look at Yuri's stats again for the exact numbers.
---
Gamertags - Damien DaEvil 1, Legacy of Havoc, Extreme Havoc & LegacyofBelial
#47KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 5:03:18 PM
Draken's is 4200, iirc, since he leveled both as sorcerer and ranger.

Sekhmeti (Auryn's the Arisen's name), the assassin build has about 3300 stam and str both, but that's from memory so don't take that as set in stone.

The practical effect in terms of gameplay is that 2800 stamina is about five to six large mushrooms to replenish, the assassin's is nine to ten; two and a small bit left over with Mushroom Potage vs enough left over to use three respectively when stamina is exhausted during Ur rounds.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#48davidshooterPosted 12/6/2012 8:02:34 AM
Well after beating hard mode in a new game plus my verdict is it isn't nearly hard enough in the regular game. I beat the game very easily with just my main pawn who is a guardian/healer - so in other words she does nothing of use beyond healing - so this mode is a bit disappointing.

Post game in hard mode is a bit better though (still just the two of us) and has brought back some of the fear of travelling at night and/or running into large mobs - quite a few low level enemies can one hit kill you now. A low level goblin just took me from well above 3000 health to dead in one shot with a fire attack - nice. The hellhound/Succubus tag team on the way to Gran Soran can get out of hand pretty quickly now too which is also nice.

I just wish I could get into the post game look of Gransys.

Sad this game isn't on any top 10 lists that I've seen. Best game I've played in a while.
#49meralonnePosted 12/6/2012 8:46:00 AM
Beating this game in Hard mode with existing files is not terribly difficult.

Try starting an entirely new Arisen/Pawn team and see how even something as simple as a pair of goblins is no trifling matter. I was pleasantly surprised.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#50davidshooterPosted 12/6/2012 8:57:49 AM
That's good to know, thanks, I wasn't even sure if you could access hard mode with a brand new character.

If you start a second character in this game on the same account will it erase your previous character? Save slots are not this game's strongest feature.