This is weird...

#1Pure InvasionPosted 12/5/2012 6:32:05 AM
Very rarely do I ever have the inclination of replaying a game (or in this case NG+)

Dragons' Dogma is a very rare game for me...I just don't seem to want to stop playing it. Have put 42 hours into it since mid-November and have now just moved onto NG+

Definitely in my top 10 of this console gen. Can't wait for the Dark Arisen DLC eventually and (hopefully) Dragon's Dogma 2 sometime down the line

p.s. also have to say that everyone on the board is great. Thanks for lending me your pawns and items to get started out on this journey. I think this community is another big reason I've enjoyed the game so much
---
360 Gamertag: Pure1nvasion
#2robert43sPosted 12/5/2012 6:41:05 AM
Welcome to the addiction that is Dragon Dogma. Some players have over 500 hours. I myself have over 550 hours.
#3erw62Posted 12/5/2012 6:42:13 AM
I agree!

The conclusion is quite unique, in effect playing out in several waves. Beyond the final battle itself, all the great post-game content that factors into your Arisen's story packs in another punch, and adds emotionally satisfying layers that gives Dragon's Dogma much staying power. Under my primary gamertag, I'm in my fourth playthrough and I bought the game less than a month ago. I also am just about to complete another game on a secondary gt, and have two others in early stages that I will eventually get to. [I got carried away creating a number of interesting looking characters over four gt's; so sue me.]

[SPOILERS!! iF YOU'VE NOT COMPLETED A FIRST GAME]:

There are some really neat touches that I also appreciated, like the book closing out your story at the very end. Seeing your name added to the tome, and then the great portraits of your Arisen, your Main Pawn, and the primary support pawns you adventured through Gransys with was just the perfect capper to the whole thing.
---
gt: AboundedOrc0. alt: Iwells0291
main pawns: Skuld & Ser Safyre
#4KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 6:53:50 AM
The disc set up residence in my xbox on release and, well, pretty much hasn't moved out much since then. I am somewhere around 900...
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#5rjsilverthornPosted 12/5/2012 6:59:36 AM
I think I just cracked 100 last night, but I'm not even in the post game yet.
#6Pure Invasion(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:06:43 AM
Karathrax posted...
The disc set up residence in my xbox on release and, well, pretty much hasn't moved out much since then. I am somewhere around 900...

well you might as well hit 1000 since you're so close ;)

your pawn has also made a permanent spot on my team. Always an asset to the group, whether sorcerer or ranger

I still think my favourite moment with your pawn was when he was a sorc and for some reason decided not to use magic on the griffin, but instead to climb onto its head and beat it senseless with his staff. The griffin took off with your pawn on its head and eventually died mid-air with no help from me. I laughed hard at that one

only drawback...he has a real love of running into Stout Undead right as they're about to explode. Can't tell you how many times he yells words of caution about their imminent explosion only to charge right at them
---
#7Pure Invasion(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:08:34 AM
rjsilverthorn posted...
I think I just cracked 100 last night, but I'm not even in the post game yet.

the only reason I moved onto NG+ was to gain the achievements so I could officially say I "beat" it. I still cleared out every level in the Everfall prior to heading to NG+ though as well as explored about 90% of the map.

Will spend much more time uncovering everything this time around
---
#8seinPosted 12/5/2012 7:19:15 AM
Yeah it's a shame other boards on Gamefaqs cant be as cordial
(Talking about you BL2, Dark Souls, COD >'_<)

It's the only board where I don't feel i have to expect (or prepare) some retort from some troll ,would-be-post moderator who thinks he/she runs the boards, or not so clever smart ass/jerk who likes to be a d*ck for the sake of being one. It's a nice change of pace indeed.

As for the game itself been playing it since It got released and still play it regularly atleast once a week.
I haven't even done that with Skyrim.
---
boredom is a burden only for the blessed
#9DrNick2008Posted 12/5/2012 7:30:45 AM
I agree with everyone. Welcome to the love fest! Lol :)

I will say that sometimes I'll do a NG+ run on a game, rarely (if ever I'll do a NG++). With DD, I'm gonna hang in NG++ and fully expect to do hard mode next (NG+++). I'm totally digging this game and I'm still working on my Arisen and I'm surprisingly attached to my pawn and want her to be a monster killing machine. I still wanna try assassin (maybe not against online Ur as my build was not Str oriented) in the plot quests. Dragon's Dogma is awesome!

I've had Assassin's Creed 3 sitting on my coffee table for 5 weeks now waiting to be played, and currently I have no immediate plans to do so. Dragon's Dogma will be staying in my Xbox for a bit longer I think. :)
---
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#10erw62Posted 12/5/2012 8:02:06 AM
I bought The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings shortly after I picked up Dogma, but other than cracking the seal on the thing, I haven't played it.
---
gt: AboundedOrc0. alt: Iwells0291
main pawns: Skuld & Ser Safyre