This is weird...

#21meralonnePosted 12/5/2012 10:38:42 AM
It might be easier for Capcom to just lower the level cap rather than rebalancing everything for NG+. If players capped out at 50, 75 or even 99 there would still be some challenge... especially if they eliminated Bloodlust. That **** is way too OP.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#22ParryMindPosted 12/5/2012 10:55:11 AM
iphan4tic posted...
One player could join as their Arisen (or whichever coincidental hero type) and bring their pawn, so your party would still be maxed at four, just two Arisen (player) and two pawns.

Capcom already set the base for a funny multiplayer-coop with the pawns system; if only we can just take control of our pawn while he/she is in another arisen's world, then it would be perfect for me. And it'd be original. That would be the perfect multiplayer/coop for this game.
#23meralonnePosted 12/5/2012 11:03:03 AM
ParryMind posted...
iphan4tic posted...
One player could join as their Arisen (or whichever coincidental hero type) and bring their pawn, so your party would still be maxed at four, just two Arisen (player) and two pawns.

Capcom already set the base for a funny multiplayer-coop with the pawns system; if only we can just take control of our pawn while he/she is in another arisen's world, then it would be perfect for me. And it'd be original. That would be the perfect multiplayer/coop for this game.

The main problem with this idea is that Pawns are supposed to be completely subservient to the will of an Arisen. How many players do you know would respond to "Come" commands from someone else? =P Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit with existing lore re: pawns and their masters.
---
#24iphan4ticPosted 12/5/2012 12:07:34 PM
meralonne posted...

The main problem with this idea is that Pawns are supposed to be completely subservient to the will of an Arisen. How many players do you know would respond to "Come" commands from someone else? =P Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit with existing lore re: pawns and their masters.

However if another Arisen joins, his free will does not break lore, and the fact he is Arisen doesn't neccessarily break lore either as your pawns serve other Arisen in other worlds. It was never specified that no one but pawns could transition to different worlds using the rift, simply that no one has the knowledge.

Story elements are in place, they just have to implement it. I know for a fact that I and several friends would clock a considerable amount of time ON TOP of our singleplayer time if we could play this together.
---
GT: LEGENDARY PLANK
#25meralonnePosted 12/5/2012 12:12:15 PM
iphan4tic posted...

However if another Arisen joins, his free will does not break lore, and the fact he is Arisen doesn't neccessarily break lore either as your pawns serve other Arisen in other worlds. It was never specified that no one but pawns could transition to different worlds using the rift, simply that no one has the knowledge.

More importantly, it's implied that you aren't necessarily the only "Arisen" in the world at large. Well, more than "implied... Edmun is an Arisen as well, so there can clearly be more than one "Arisen" in the world at a time. Co-op from that standpoint would make more sense than playing as your Pawn. Though it would be an awful lot of fun blowing things up as Gorgoron, I must admit. =D
---
#26iphan4ticPosted 12/5/2012 12:15:27 PM
meralonne posted...
It might be easier for Capcom to just lower the level cap rather than rebalancing everything for NG+. If players capped out at 50, 75 or even 99 there would still be some challenge... especially if they eliminated Bloodlust. That **** is way too OP.

However I'd prefer they kept a high level cap. What they could do is create some non-crucial Everfall esque areas specifically designed for high level players but with better drop chances due to the high difficulty. I don't want them to take anything away from the current state of the game, only ADD ADD ADD :D
---
GT: LEGENDARY PLANK
#27KisnwellPosted 12/5/2012 12:17:09 PM
Haha, I try to hold out near the end to keep using the everfall but find myself turning in the 20 wakestones soon after completion :/ The wheel continues to turn.
---
Eyes turned to sand...bleh
#28meralonnePosted 12/5/2012 12:38:49 PM
Kisnwell posted...
Haha, I try to hold out near the end to keep using the everfall but find myself turning in the 20 wakestones soon after completion :/ The wheel continues to turn.

I tend to have more fun playing through the game than Everfall farming as well. I suggest you take a look at the FAQ section and check out where you can get gear you can actually use. Farm those chests until you get what you want, then hit the NG+ road.
---
#29robert43sPosted 12/5/2012 1:29:53 PM
meralonne posted...
Kisnwell posted...

I tend to have more fun playing through the game than Everfall farming as well. I suggest you take a look at the FAQ section and check out where you can get gear you can actually use. Farm those chests until you get what you want, then hit the NG+ road.

On my alternate, I sent the only gear I wanted from my other account, so the only items I wanted to farm were dragons blood rings, which I have now got. So, I now only use the ever fall for levelling up. I'm also using the trick to up increase my vocations (which is slow). I was tempted to end the game in order to goto NG+, but since I plan this build as a maximised assassin, that would not work. Just need to calculate the number of STR points I would miss (fighter versus assassin) in order to decide whether it's worth it :). It would make levelling easier since I will have easier access to the UR dragon.
#30KarathraxPosted 12/5/2012 1:40:36 PM
robert43s posted...
meralonne posted...
Kisnwell posted...

On my alternate, I sent the only gear I wanted from my other account, so the only items I wanted to farm were dragons blood rings, which I have now got. So, I now only use the ever fall for levelling up. I'm also using the trick to up increase my vocations (which is slow). I was tempted to end the game in order to goto NG+, but since I plan this build as a maximised assassin, that would not work. Just need to calculate the number of STR points I would miss (fighter versus assassin) in order to decide whether it's worth it :). It would make levelling easier since I will have easier access to the UR dragon.

The difference between leveling up as Fighter vs. Assassin is 2 str points per level, 12 stamina points less per level under 100, 2 points less str and 10 points of stamina less over 100. There are differences in def and mag def as well, but the str/stam are the crucial ones.

Trivial if you miss one.

Remember, (to my surprise) I got that killing blow with my alt, who is 1-11 Fighter, 12-200 Assassin; his pawn is Cyrain, who is exactly one base mag att point less than a total mag sorc build. >:D
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti