Final Judgement (Spoilers)

#1erw62Posted 12/5/2012 7:26:19 AM
Another topic prompted me to post this, so if you've not yet completed a first game, please back ..... slowly ..... away from this thread.

Savan is the "Arisen" you briefly played as in the Prologue before you created your own character. In addition to battling Savan as the “Seneschal” at the conclusion of your first play-through, you may later face a new Seneschal either downloaded from the Capcom servers (this happened to me during my second run), or if you are offline it will be your previous Arisen. Being somewhat leery of the recent patch, I was in the process of finishing up my third game yesterday and had opted to do so offline. Needless to say, I had forgotten about the offline "visit" of your last Arisen in the crucial role of Seneschal.

Man, I've gotta tell you when the robe came off and Ser Cael appeared looking just as I had last seen him, and SPEAKING, I was floored, totally surprised, and in the best possible way. I was truly thrilled to see him, as each of my Arisen is retired after they plunge the Godsbane into their own chest (rather than give them a Hail Mary, I honor their choice). Plus the Main Pawn who had stewarded the previous two of my Arisen, the mighty Ser Bedivere, once again fought right alongside Cael, looking just as I had last seen him. Twas a wonderful way to close out Amanirenas own tenure as Arisen. It's stuff like this that makes this game awesome at a notch higher than some others that I've played.

The odd thing that resulted from that happy convergence was the retirement of my latest pawn, El-Ahrairah. I had planned to have each Main Pawn serve a pair of Arisen before crafting the next, but something about how things went down, engendered in me an early desire to let him go. So, as my fourth official game was immediately begun, I created both a new Arisen, Tarl Cabot (named after the protagonist of the classic "Gor" fantasy series, but also a new Main Pawn -Skuld. She is named after the half-elven princess of Scandinavian legend.

Looking forward to trying the new modes with this pair quite a bit. Um, wish me luck!
---
gt: AboundedOrc0. alt: Iwells0291
main pawns: Skuld & Ser Safyre
#2Zague77Posted 12/5/2012 8:13:34 AM
Good luck!

I love this feature of the game. The first time I ended up fighting my own arisen it completely floored me, because I hadn't heard it was even a possibility. Not sure why I was offline at the time - maybe I'd been levelling up against the Ur - but coming face to face with my own arisen in her previous form was epic! She was a different vocation, and had a different hairstyle if I remember it right, but was otherwise pretty much the same. And hearing her speak was brilliant.

Great moment.
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#3iphan4ticPosted 12/5/2012 9:22:04 AM
This happened to myself recently, but I had no idea it was possible so obviously my reaction was along the lines of 'OMFG THATS SO COOOOL'. Or something.

It was actually the toughest Seneschal fight I've had so far so that made me feel quite good.
---
GT: LEGENDARY PLANK