Best inclination for a Strider --> Ranger pawn?

#1CRK44Posted 1/9/2013 3:11:17 PM
I'm a currently a mage, try to stay out of the fray of things and I want to keep at least one affinity spell to support my pawn(s). So whats the best inclination for my main?
---
Jarl Ballin'
GT: C IR IK B3AST (those are capital i's) Temporary GT: RetainedPrism18
#2KarathraxPosted 1/9/2013 3:16:29 PM
I like Challenger/Mitigator best, out of all the inclinations I've tried on a Ranger.

Sometimes the AI is just stupid-- this seems to be the best when you want the Ranger to favor the bow over daggers. Scather encourages climbing when it's put in the primary inclination position, and I personally don't want that., I want mine to SHOOT.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#3CRK44(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:18:51 PM
Karathrax posted...
I like Challenger/Mitigator best, out of all the inclinations I've tried on a Ranger.

Sometimes the AI is just stupid-- this seems to be the best when you want the Ranger to favor the bow over daggers. Scather encourages climbing when it's put in the primary inclination position, and I personally don't want that., I want mine to SHOOT.

Exactly. I know what inclinations would work in theory, but AI is a whole different realm. I will definitely experiment with those
---
Jarl Ballin'
#4Arkades21Posted 1/9/2013 3:19:25 PM
Karathrax posted...
Scather encourages climbing when it's put in the primary inclination position, and I personally don't want that., I want mine to SHOOT.

Hadn't noticed that....shame I can't rent myself as a pawn(ranger) and just climb on mobs instead of shooting.
---
"I didn't come to play, I came to win."
GT: Newfie Drunkard
#5DrNick2008Posted 1/9/2013 3:21:52 PM
I know this is totally OT, but you should really consider changing over to sorcerer if you want to be a magic user. If you want to heal your pawns, then carry some panaceas (and give them some too), and carry group curatives like spring water (there's a spring just a bit north of GS) and it only costs the price of an empty flask, and a relatively monster-free trip there and back... you only run into some deer. Lol

Now that you've reached GS, I'll check out your pawn and send her back with good stuff and RCs. You're gonna keep her at ranger ? :)
---
Gumbercules? I love that guy.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#6CRK44(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:33:27 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
I know this is totally OT, but you should really consider changing over to sorcerer if you want to be a magic user. If you want to heal your pawns, then carry some panaceas (and give them some too), and carry group curatives like spring water (there's a spring just a bit north of GS) and it only costs the price of an empty flask, and a relatively monster-free trip there and back... you only run into some deer. Lol

Now that you've reached GS, I'll check out your pawn and send her back with good stuff and RCs. You're gonna keep her at ranger ? :)

Haven't changed her yet. Still strider. Probably going to max out the vocation then change. Idk, need to look at the wiki to make solid decision. And thats what I plan to do...the sorcerer comment. Just a mage for now :D

Is pioneer a good inclination? Seems useful for a support type character build
---
Jarl Ballin'
#7CRK44(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:34:11 PM
And thank you for the stuff!! :D
---
Jarl Ballin'
#8KarathraxPosted 1/9/2013 3:39:38 PM(edited)
Arkades21 posted...
Hadn't noticed that....shame I can't rent myself as a pawn(ranger) and just climb on mobs instead of shooting.

Again, this is colored by my preference for playing as an MK and my preoccupation with Ur hunting. A really good Ranger, like Ghost of Kirin's Sophia, will turn and shoot into an MK's GC, which fires the MK's GC.

That said, it would be totally cool to be able to possess one's pawn as s/he makes their way through other players' worlds... I mean, if those pesky lizards can possess pawns, why can't I?
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#9DyinglegacyPosted 1/9/2013 4:45:12 PM
When I have my main pawn set to ranger, I go challenger/mitigater. One other key thing I do is unequip his daggers. Having him with only his bow equipped forces him to use bow attacks.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#10LonerwolfMPosted 1/9/2013 7:46:24 PM
my rannger is challanger/scather was good to see tip about scather climbing thank you
---
GT LONER WOLF pawn Makoto Fire feel free to send a friend request :)