Ur-Dragon Generation 186

#61Derdak54Posted 1/28/2013 10:13:39 AM
Karathrax posted...
What did you think of MK killin'? Energetic, eh? >:D

Spill, I want to know!

Last night while doing a round, I kept getting rushed and run over. To my amusement, the cannons aready in place fired, and so did the ones in place when I was Holy Furored and flapped at. Apparently that's bonus damage on the target, because by FMSing through all that and my sorcerers' incoming Bolide, the cannons really blazed.

hehe , that one kill was a breeze , got 2 GC + RS setup when he landed and circe , tessa and felli all fired up high glicel into it while i was still blazzing FMS , dead in seconds ( got the two heart version on his front leg + wing ) . clearly better when you have a nice team of powerfull sorcerers :)
---
-GT: Derdak54 , pawn Tessa , Sorcerer - GT: GRDvStingray69 , pawn Felli , Sorcerer - GT: ArisenNemesis00 , pawn Myu , Sorcerer -
#62KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 10:21:34 AM(edited)
Derdak54 posted...
hehe , that one kill was a breeze , got 2 GC + RS setup when he landed and circe , tessa and felli all fired up high glicel into it while i was still blazzing FMS , dead in seconds ( got the two heart version on his front leg + wing ) . clearly better when you have a nice team of powerfull sorcerers :)

I've run Ranger and two sorcerers, and three sorcerers. They're all amazing :D I particularly enjoy seeing Draken, as Ranger, turn and shoot directly into the Great Cannons when I'm refreshing them-- as Ghost of Kirin always said, the teamwork of pawns is the heart of this game, and I'm inclined to agree.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#63bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 10:30:27 AM
Interesting. I never imagined anyone would want Fournival as a love interest, but that makes sense.

Here's another question - when I make my second Arisen, I want to make sure that I create a pawn that is actually useful to other players when it reaches level 200. Are ranger and sorcerer the only pawns that people are interested in at 200? Is one more in-demand than the other?

My first Arisen's pawn is getting close to 200, but was a mage for about 50 levels and a sorcerer for the rest. I am under the impression that serious Ur hunters are only interested in maxed-out sorcerers, so I am tempted to make another with 'perfect' stats.
#64robert43s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:35:48 AM
bombsonyourmoms posted...
Interesting. I never imagined anyone would want Fournival as a love interest, but that makes sense.

Here's another question - when I make my second Arisen, I want to make sure that I create a pawn that is actually useful to other players when it reaches level 200. Are ranger and sorcerer the only pawns that people are interested in at 200? Is one more in-demand than the other?

My first Arisen's pawn is getting close to 200, but was a mage for about 50 levels and a sorcerer for the rest. I am under the impression that serious Ur hunters are only interested in maxed-out sorcerers, so I am tempted to make another with 'perfect' stats.

With the right augments, I would say your pawn should be ok. A lot of persons seem to use Karathrax's pawn, and he is definitely not a maxed sorcerer. He does have a lot of stamina though. My alternate pawn is a maxed sorcerer though (and quite deadly, killed a gorechimera all by himself). The inclinations, skills and augments need to setup correctly. For my sorcerer I use utilitarian/challenger.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"
#65KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 10:41:06 AM

This is highly subjective.

As an MK fighting the online Ur, I would be highly interested in your pawn as a more mixed build will have better stamina and def than a min/max sorcerer-- better survivability. I'm finding that a mixed sorc party is more effective, as the more survivable pawns anchor the sorcerer team for longer Fulmination casts, while a min/max provides power.

Also, the less I have to interrupt offense to revive pawns, the better-- and a min/max is more frail than a more mixed build.
---
#66Derdak54Posted 1/28/2013 10:43:26 AM

rangers/striders/sorcerers are mostly rented for Ur hunting , but you can have any vocations with you when just wandering around gransys or everfall , at least for me , 3 sorcerers team is a bit OP for just doing story quest ( i keep that for Ur ), so i take a strider and sometimes a fighter with me . i find warriors useless , too slow and often missing shots , though its good vocation for arisen , but not for pawns imo .

after all my pawns experimentations , i find that is better to have a all-around pawn with good stamina and defenses , they will hold charge spells longer ( fulmination for exemple ) and throw spells more frequently ( bolide 3 or 4 times in a row ). sure you lose some magic output damage , but you care less of them as they do thing and dont be killed often or run out of stamina, its my point of view though :)
---
-GT: Derdak54 , pawn Tessa , Sorcerer - GT: GRDvStingray69 , pawn Felli , Sorcerer - GT: ArisenNemesis00 , pawn Myu , Sorcerer -
#67bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 10:43:26 AM
Hmm. Ok. I appreciate all of the information.

Let me ask a more specific question - if I am building a pawn with the intent of making it a viable hire at level 200, what build would you recommend?
#68Derdak54Posted 1/28/2013 10:52:33 AM
Hmm. Ok. I appreciate all of the information.

Let me ask a more specific question - if I am building a pawn with the intent of making it a viable hire at level 200, what build would you recommend?

i find this to be quite good imo :

1-10 - fighter ( phys def )
11-100 ranger ( stamina/ strenght )
101-200 sorcerer ( mag def , mag att )

your pawn will be effective as any vocations at 200
---
#69KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 12:20:09 PM
This. That isn't quite exactly what happened when I was leveling my pawn, but primarily mine leveled as Strider-Ranger prior to 100 with some Sorcerer, and a lot of Sorcerer with some Ranger post-100. There were a couple of levels of something else thrown in here and there, but inconsequential.

This produces a pawn that is very competent at anything you set them to, and expecially one that will take a beating and keep on going.

In all fairness, that may not be what, exactly, everyone looks for. As I said earlier, pawn choices are highly subjective, e.g., one Sorcerer's party of all-Sorcerers may look for other characteristics. MKs want other things-- and Assassins walk alone into the night and all pawns are the same to them.

Make sure that your pawn benefits you, first and foremost. I think most renters can tell when the pawn is well-used and liked by its creator.
---