Ur-Dragon Generation 187

#11KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 12:40:49 PM(edited)
Because you can see it happen.

Additionally, the clincher-- my alt is an all-str Assassin. I can trip the damage limit with or without using a Maker's Finger-- the difference on tripping it or not, for me and my setup is the use of exactly ONE periapt. The damage ceiling was lowered when Hard/Speed mode's update was released the Saturday (my time) just prior to December 4.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#12bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 12:41:43 PM
Speaking of hard mode - can you switch difficulty at will?

I want to kill the dragon on hard mode for the abyssinal outfit, but I wasn't sure if I have to be in hard mode from the moment I create the character. Can I switch to hard mode before starting another NG+, or can I just switch to hard mode before killing the dragon?
#13KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 12:45:10 PM
Unfortunately, not quite. You have to play the entire campaign through-- switching to Hard Mode re-starts your game from the opening scenes. Ask me why I have one more Outfit than Duke's Clothing? >.<
---
#14xtabascomanxPosted 1/28/2013 12:45:37 PM
bombsonyourmoms posted...
Speaking of hard mode - can you switch difficulty at will?

I want to kill the dragon on hard mode for the abyssinal outfit, but I wasn't sure if I have to be in hard mode from the moment I create the character. Can I switch to hard mode before starting another NG+, or can I just switch to hard mode before killing the dragon?

When you switch to hard mode during a game in progress, it sends you back to the beginning of the game.
#15bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 12:55:20 PM
Karathrax posted...
Unfortunately, not quite. You have to play the entire campaign through-- switching to Hard Mode re-starts your game from the opening scenes. Ask me why I have one more Outfit than Duke's Clothing? >.<

I would probably have to start by asking you what the Duke's Clothing is, but google just answered that question for me. Looks fancy.
#16bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 12:57:35 PM
By the way - thanks for all the replies about hard mode.

This is a very helpful community!
#17KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 1:01:32 PM
It is indeed impressive, and when DF (77!! Dragon Scales!), it has 90% resistance to Holy and Dark. But... I am not fond of suit-style clothing, as I micro-manage my weight vs. load-out for mag and str output by my armor/clothing/accessory choices. YMMV, :D
---
#18bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 1:22:05 PM
Karathrax posted...
It is indeed impressive, and when DF (77!! Dragon Scales!), it has 90% resistance to Holy and Dark. But... I am not fond of suit-style clothing, as I micro-manage my weight vs. load-out for mag and str output by my armor/clothing/accessory choices. YMMV, :D

Micro manage to what end?

You're maximizing the amount of consumables you can carry? Or is there something I am missing?
#19KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 1:42:36 PM
For killing the Ur as Assassin, I had to balance the weight of the armor I wear against the things I carry. Therefore, to carry the minimum amount of stuff vs. the highest number of blast arrows, I, a male Arisen (with size and weight balanced against carry capacity and stamina refresh rate), strip down to three armor pieces (close your eyes, guys!) and all of them were chosen to enhance my str and/or str and mag. This is because as a mostly-magic build, my bow damage suuuuucks. The more blast arrows I fired into the initial stunlock, the better chance I had at destroying hearts in a more difficult grace. My DPS with Heaven's Keys was great, but man, climbing takes for-freaking evarrr and you may run out of time.

This is what I did for 30 Ur Dragon kills-- before I jettisoned the common assumption that only a mag min/max build would make an MK strong enough to kill the online Ur or do rounds. I have 4 MK kills (the latest ones), 1 Ranger (my first) and the rest are all Assassin.
---
#20Jeyris95Posted 1/28/2013 1:44:26 PM
o.o Im a female assassin at size SS and i use full armor and can bring periapts and liquid vim or mushrooms...
---
GT: Jeyris