Ur-Dragon Generation 187

#21bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 12:55:01 PM
Ahhh, ok. I haven't even bothered with the explosive arrows yet.

I have only been around to fight Ur once during his grace period, and he only had a couple hearts which were destroyed easily enough without consumables.

How much do consumables like periapts or vigor extract help? I haven't been able to figure out how much of a bonus they give; it doesn't seem to show up in the status screen. Honestly, I haven't even been able to figure out if vigor extract stacks with a conqueror's periapt.
#22KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 1:03:19 PM(edited)
Jeyris95 posted...
o.o Im a female assassin at size SS and i use full armor and can bring periapts and liquid vim or mushrooms...

Did you not read the part about mostly-magic build? My alt, an all-str Assassin build, I now find boring to play because of doing a couple hundred rounds of climb-and-carve... and it's very easy to take a kill. I prefer a bit more challenge.

I took most of my kills during that awful period a few months ago when the Ur Dragon's health was being crashed. Those graces were exceptionally short and difficult, and that's what I had to do to get one.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#23Zague77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:02:42 PM
Still 10.7, though I did do 0.1 damage this round, so maybe a tad squishy? Missing his chin already.

Leaderboard looks interesting for me at the moment!

masters
Damien
Kara's alt
Me
NAME's alt

all in a nice little block :)
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#24KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 1:39:46 PM(edited)
bombsonyourmoms posted...
I have only been around to fight Ur once during his grace period, and he only had a couple hearts which were destroyed easily enough without consumables.

I wonder if the dragon's also variable in difficulty from one Arisen to the next? Some comment on how hard it was (when it wasn't for me) and others say ooh, how easy! when I've had to put forth some extra effort.

How much do consumables like periapts or vigor extract help? I haven't been able to figure out how much of a bonus they give; it doesn't seem to show up in the status screen. Honestly, I haven't even been able to figure out if vigor extract stacks with a conqueror's periapt.

They can make a huge difference. Periapts and the group curatives work up to 4x. As MK I load up 32 each of the group mag boost, group def, periapts for str and the usual stamina stuff and healing curatives for grace. I split my offense curatives evenly between myself and my main pawn for weight considerations; the sorcerers are loaded lightly with 'just in case things go WRONG' supplies.
---
#25mmasters36Posted 1/28/2013 1:33:29 PM(edited)
Zague77 posted...
Leaderboard looks interesting for me at the moment!

masters
Damien
Kara's alt
Me
NAME's alt

all in a nice little block :)

Great minds get the kills alike-and despite the position on the board I have always looked up to you
---
GTs:--baseballkidd99--Dragonkin777--Sorcerersword
you can achieve what your mind can conceive
#26ComatoseSleeperPosted 1/28/2013 1:19:57 PM
Zague77 posted...
Still 10.7

Strange considering I gave him "The Finger" 30 minutes ago.
---
Gamertag - ComatoseSleeper DD: Allison Lv103 Sorcerer Pawn (Rent her?)
#27bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 1:49:57 PM
Karathrax posted...
bombsonyourmoms posted...

I wonder if the dragon's also variable in difficulty from one Arisen to the next? Some comment on how hard it was (when it wasn't for me) and others say ooh, how easy! when I've had to put forth some extra effort.

They can make a huge difference. Periapts and the group curatives work up to 4x. As MK I load up 32 each of the group mag boost, group def, periapts for str and the usual stamina stuff and healing curatives for grace. I split my offense curatives evenly between myself and my main pawn for weight considerations; the sorcerers are loaded lightly with 'just in case things go WRONG' supplies.

I obviously don't have enough experience to speculate about variance between Arisens, but when I got the grace Ur with 2 hearts, someone else posted that their grace had the exact same 2 hearts.

When you say they work up to 4x, do you mean that I can use 4 conqueror's periapts at the exact same time for 4 times the strength boost?
#28KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 2:01:43 PM
Sometimes I get more or less hearts than other folks. The last time someone mentioned two hearts in grace, I had just killed a fiver.

Yes, you get a multiplier of the effect of the curative or periapt up to four in use at the same time. Use five at once or boost the same status with two different items (e.g. group curative and solo use periapt) the later ones deployed are wasted. You have to wait until they expire and re-apply for longest effect as time duration does not extend.
---
#29mmasters36Posted 1/28/2013 2:12:37 PM(edited)
4 per minute at 1.22 each for a max of 1.22x1.22x1.22x1.22=2.22 times strength boost per minute
---
GTs:--baseballkidd99--Dragonkin777--Sorcerersword
you can achieve what your mind can conceive
#30robert43sPosted 1/28/2013 2:24:47 PM
The last time I managed to get a kill, my sorcerer (who went 1st) had about 5-6 hearts. Easily destroyed for a sorcerer. My assassin had two hearts (on the back leg). Easy for my assassin. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I remember once we had one heart during grace, easy for anyone with a makers, took a while with my sorcerer (this I think was before we knew about the periapts).

Grace varies. The only thing I can say, since I have been using 4xdemon periapts, I now always manage to kill the dragon in one round during grace with my sorcerer, this is not true with my assassin. I remember one grace taking me two rounds (b***** active dragon, dodgy camera angle, no makers, no blast arrows, not very nicely placed hearts (wings, neck, chin etc...)).
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"